..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Adapter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, I hope I can get some help from this fine community.
First off, a moment of silence for my PS2, it finally gave it's last spin of a disk and so I got PCSX2.

Now that that moment has passed, on to the actual reason for this thread, the reason I signed up on the forums at all... can someone tell me why my wireless controller isn't getting detected by the program? I have an adapter, no, I'm not trying to use a play and charge cable, and I can't tell why it isn't seeming to read it.

Is there a plugin I need to get? I would REALLY prefer not to buy another 30 dollar wired controller, or 40, however much they are.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, mods. Like I said, this is my first time posting here and support seemed the reasonable place.
Play & Charge cable ISN'T a data cable, so you won't be able to use that to connect to a pc and make it work, you need to buy a wireless receiver, if you take a look here: http://dx.com/p/pc-wireless-gaming-recei...ack-129230 it'll fix the problem. This isn't an original from Microsoft, but it does it's job (I know cause I have one aswell).
(06-18-2013, 05:53 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: [ -> ]Play & Charge cable ISN'T a data cable, so you won't be able to use that to connect to a pc and make it work, you need to buy a wireless receiver, if you take a look here: http://dx.com/p/pc-wireless-gaming-recei...ack-129230 it'll fix the problem. This isn't an original from Microsoft, but it does it's job (I know cause I have one aswell).

Someone didn't read what I said... at all... well, you skimmed, I guess, I'll reiterate; I KNOW the play and charge cable isn't data, like I said above, also, like I said, I have a wireless adapter, that one exactly, but it's not working... Thanks for trying, though, StriFe.

TL;DR: I know play and charge doesn't work, I have the adapter mentioned above, it isn't working, can someone please tell me why and what I can do to make it work?

PS: Not trying to sound like a jerk...
Is your pad displayed recognized by windows, at least?
Yes, it is, I use it to play games and everything. Works for everything (that has controller support) save for PCSX2 it seems.
Since you asked about plugin, probably Pad1 is not configured in Lilypad.

PS: Configuring it is easy from the "Config" menu and then "Controllers (PAD)".
Well, good news, not sure what happened between my posting this and now, but the receiver just popped up and my controller is working fine.
(06-18-2013, 11:24 PM)EnragedLATTE Wrote: [ -> ]Well, good news, not sure what happened between my posting this and now, but the receiver just popped up and my controller is working fine.

If I had to guess, you hadn't had your controller connected before loading PCSX2. Every time you play, you must connect the controller first, PCSX2 won't recognize the controller afterwards.