..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: So I have several new annoyances
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off, is PS2Lunch, I was going through all my games pushing F8 so I could get a screenshot to show up for the game profile which I thought would be awesome. It was... at first... but as I went through all of my games I realized something was going wrong. Some games started having the same image as others. I found out that it was because they have the same serial number or whatever and the screenshots were getting the same directory number for 2 different games. I don't know how to fix that. And I'm a fail at getting screenshots, I tried and it was like "DERP FILE TOO LARGE".

Second... I just learned that there was such a thing as widescreen patches. Which I tried with a couple games. But in the log it says it loaded more than 1 wide screen cheat. Isn't only supposed to load 1 per game? And I don't even know if it's working, I can't tell the difference. It's on Kingdom hearts mainly.
(06-24-2013, 09:29 PM)joshsonic26 Wrote: [ -> ]First off, is PS2Lunch, I was going through all my games pushing F8 so I could get a screenshot to show up for the game profile which I thought would be awesome. It was... at first... but as I went through all of my games I realized something was going wrong. Some games started having the same image as others. I found out that it was because they have the same serial number or whatever and the screenshots were getting the same directory number for 2 different games. I don't know how to fix that. And I'm a fail at getting screenshots, I tried and it was like "DERP FILE TOO LARGE".

Second... I just learned that there was such a thing as widescreen patches. Which I tried with a couple games. But in the log it says it loaded more than 1 wide screen cheat. Isn't only supposed to load 1 per game? And I don't even know if it's working, I can't tell the difference. It's on Kingdom hearts mainly.
About the front end, you could try and post in the authors thread, it's not a PCSX2 issue. Maybe the author read about the issue in a thread not referring to it in the title at all but is not granted.

The second, again the same thing, but can be looked upon by general helpers. You could help us and then help yourself more if posting the pnach content so we can see why more than one code is being loaded, if it was to be so or you just put more than one code (when should be selecting one) or even if the other codes are normal cheat codes... or whatever else.

As you see, there are no enough information to get an answer.

PS: If you can't see the difference on a widescreen patch, If the game already allows 16:9 as option, the differences are subtle (if the patch is ever needed), but if is a 4:3 only, if you can't see the difference the patch never worked for you because it is too screaming a difference.
Okay, wait, I read it again. It loads one pnach file, but it says 13 widescreen hacks loaded at the same time... which is confusing.
Overall 0 Cheats loaded
Found Widescreen hacks file: 'F266B00B.pnach'
comment: Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix + (NTSC-J)
Loaded 13 Widescreen hacks from 'F266B00B.pnach'
Overall 13 Widescreen hacks loaded
(06-24-2013, 09:42 PM)joshsonic26 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, wait, I read it again. It loads one pnach file, but it says 13 widescreen hacks loaded at the same time... which is confusing.
Overall 0 Cheats loaded
Found Widescreen hacks file: 'F266B00B.pnach'
comment: Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix + (NTSC-J)
Loaded 13 Widescreen hacks from 'F266B00B.pnach'
Overall 13 Widescreen hacks loaded

People here are willing to help but you need to help also. We aren't doubting your words, all that is said above is that 13 widescreen hacks were loaded, what yourself told us.

What was asked is the "content" of that pnach file so we can see "why" it's happening.

PS: This time, only for this time, I verified my own patches files (possibly an older version) and for NTSC-U and this patch is indeed complex, it has several sections to deal with characters position, zoom and such, another section to deal with the fonts ... and it has indeed 12 active codes and one commented (which can be made active or is active in another game version by default)... so there is nothing wrong. You need to go the PCSX2 Video config, Window settings and chose the 16:9 aspect ratio.