..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Can't get this to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've been searching the forum for well over an hour now trying to find a solution to this problem but I've had no luck with it. I know this is a common problem and you're probably sick of people asking by now but my frame rate drops to about 30 as soon as any gameplay starts. You'll have to forgive me but I know very little about computers and have tried following various guides and suggestions but it still doesn't work.

I've been trying to play Crash Bandicoot - The Wrath of Cortex and GTA Vice City and the frame rate drops to about 30fps as soon as gameplay starts.

Processor: AMD A8-4500M 1.90 GHz
RAM: 8GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7640G

I would be very grateful if you could help me with this and sorry if I have left any essential information out.
im afraid your laptop just isnt strong enough. We recommend a 3-3.4Ghz processor (by intel speeds) so you're probably talking ~4Ghz on an AMD chip. As yours is only 1.9Ghz, it is well below speed.

The only things you could try is make sure your windows power plan is set to high performance, then try turning clamping in the emulator settings to "none" and turn on some speedhacks.
(06-28-2013, 01:37 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]im afraid your laptop just isnt strong enough. We recommend a 3-3.4Ghz processor (by intel speeds) so you're probably talking ~4Ghz on an AMD chip. As yours is only 1.9Ghz, it is well below speed.

The only things you could try is make sure your windows power plan is set to high performance, then try turning clamping in the emulator settings to "none" and turn on some speedhacks.

Oh ok. Thanks. I guess I'll just go back to using my ps2
(06-28-2013, 01:48 AM)Archeroo Wrote: [ -> ]Oh ok. Thanks. I guess I'll just go back to using my ps2

or look at some tricks in my short configuration guide in my sig
thanks Smile