..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Games that don't benefit from emulator development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I find it quite interesting that some games do not benefit from Pcsx2 development at all. For example I have tested LOTR Fellowship of the Ring and Ico on Pcsx2 0.9.4, 0.9.5, Playground, as well as on the most recent subversion (478) and these games behave in the same odd manner (identical bugs, 3D graphics glitches) neglecting efforts of the developers.

I wonder how many titles are there, refusing to show any progress...
Maybe it would be helpful to create a list of such games ? - in oposition to the fully playable that we have already on the forum...
Burnout 3 doesnt care about development. Katamari texture bugs are absolute stable since 0.9.4 or even 0.9.2...
@Alpha
I think all games are considered. However I believe there's a priority for games that have "major" bugs or compatibility problems.
Also, if the bug is related to the gpu plugin, then upgrading pcsx2 won't do anything.
the LOTR Action-Adventure games seem to have graphical bugs so it's logical that they don't progress with PCSX2.
Most bugs are caused nowadays from the VUrecs which are EXTREMELY complicated code made by zerofrog,preventing most from understanding it,let alone modify it Tongue
I think the LOTR games get fixed by disabling VU0rec by the way
(02-13-2009, 11:49 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Most bugs are caused nowadays from the VUrecs which are EXTREMELY complicated code made by zerofrog,preventing most from understanding it,let alone modify it Tongue
I think the LOTR games get fixed by disabling VU0rec by the way

Thanks for the clue I will check it asapSmile...I hope cottonvibes will deliver his own, improved VU recs in the future

Indeed with Vu recs disabled game runs almost flawlessly. It has some minor green stripes on textures, but it looks like the domain of the gsdx plugin, cause in software mode glitches are gone.
In fact this game is playable but needs 40 times more powerfull cpuTongue
So I can hope for better VUrecs or wait next few years for faster processor being releasedRolleyes
Should these green stripes be reported to gabest as a gsdx bug (if they do not appear in software mode)?
(02-14-2009, 12:52 AM)Alpha Wrote: [ -> ]So I can hope for better VUrecs or wait next few years for faster processor being releasedRolleyes

cotton is already working on new VUrecs wich are also threadable, this means more speed on quadcores Happy
Quote:cotton is already working on new VUrecs wich are also threadable, this means more speed on quadcores

That's great news, however I count on better compatibility.
We can talk about Xenosaga too. In fact, works better in SVN 377 than in Playground or SVN 478 Tongue
Pages: 1 2