..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: The FPS drops mainly in driving-games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

following problem: When i want to play driving-games such as "Colin McRae" or "BurnOut", the emulated "EmotionEngine" hits 100 % ( while "GS is about 50% ), and the FPS drops to under 10 !!

I have tried everything like ticking the speedhacks ( even "cycling" ), but nuthinĀ“ gets better ...

I have that feeling that "PcSX2" gets slower with every "svn" released !!

I tried different settings as well as "Directx x11 + 9 ( HW+SW )", sound to "nearest" and so on, but nothing helped ..

My Specs:

Intel i5 750 @ 2.67 GHz ( Quadcore )
GeForce GTX 650 ( latest drivers )

What can i do to speed the things up ?!
Overclock to 3.5 ghz if possible.
And set extra rendering threads to 3.
That may speed things up when using sw mode.

Dont expect too much (unless you can overclock) from a 2.7 ghz cpu though...
No, extra threading in SW makes it even worse !

Now the FPs is 5 to 7 !!

Overclocking, huh ? Can you recommend a overclocking-tool ( Freeware ) on intel chips ?
(07-17-2013, 08:35 AM)HerrVorragend1975 Wrote: [ -> ]No, extra threading in SW makes it even worse !

Now the FPs is 5 to 7 !!

Overclocking, huh ? Can you recommend a overclocking-tool ( Freeware ) on intel chips ?

download official intel overclocking utility >>

http://downloadcenter.intel.com
I was affraid your CPU could be too weak to handle games in sw mode...

dunno any software to help you with this, but : http://www.legionhardware.com/articles_p...ide,2.html
take time to read it Wink
Tick MTVU and set native resolution.
At this stage of development one should expect PCSX2 to become a bit slower for some games at each version, and more compatible with more games as well, what could translate in performance gain and less or no glitches to previously problematic games.

But the games you are trying are the kind which are hard on the CPU even on native PC games. That's because they are somewhat simulators themselves and as such require a lot of processing power, add to it that the actual "emulation" is still needed and the picture becomes a lot darker.

The previous posts advices are sound, if you can't get your CPU a lot faster than the nominal clock, these are just the wrong type of game for your machine actual power capacity.
Which Burnout game are you trying to run?
I don't know about CMR but i have the same CPU and can run Burnout 3 with fullspeed most of the time.
The i5 750 has a boost to 3.0-3.2 Ghz so its not that bad just make sure you have all recommanded Speedhacks activated + MTVU and try EE and/or VU Cycle at 1/2 not higher
(07-17-2013, 04:11 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: [ -> ]At this stage of development one should expect PCSX2 to become a bit slower for some games at each version, and more compatible with more games as well, what could translate in performance gain and less or no glitches to previously problematic games.

But the games you are trying are the kind which are hard on the CPU even on native PC games. That's because they are somewhat simulators themselves and as such require a lot of processing power, add to it that the actual "emulation" is still needed and the picture becomes a lot darker.

The previous posts advices are sound, if you can't get your CPU a lot faster than the nominal clock, these are just the wrong type of game for your machine actual power capacity.

yes true nosisab,i also get slowdown here & there in native pc games
but not all time
i agree with you.they are simulators themselve Smile