..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Dark cloud 2 problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i am streaming dark cloud 2 at 55-60 fps at cutscenes 40-50 fps but that doesn't matter much to me or the viewers but every 5-10 min it drops to 5-15 fps IT REALLY IS Frustrating

My PC specs:
8 core 3.1 ghz AMD FX-8120
8gb RAM
64 bit
And my videocard is just good idk name of it anymore

My Pscx2 config:http://gyazo.com/e88af8216a38a523f7a5777cbbed20b5
Speedhacks.
No game fixes on

My Direct3d11 Hardware settings:http://gyazo.com/afb8460e02a86d4526118ade920e63cb

Using Pscx2 0.9.9.5347
And my stream is at twitch my name on twitch is epicfail98
Try a different streaming codec or whatever it is that records your gameplay.
Tried that didn't work
2 things I don't get.
1 - Why are you using an old pcsx2 version ?
2 - why are you surprised to get slowdowns when most of the time, your EE% is over 90 % ?
1.Because for some reason the new ones makes the game even slower ._.
2. Because i thought maybe there is a way to make it
unfortunately, your cpu will limit you.
if you don't mind about the graphics, you could maybe use software mode with extra rendering threads to 6

but don't expect too much with that cpu...
Overclock your cpu and use MTVU hack. Experiment with EE timing and VU cycle stealing hack to see what works best. That's about all you can do.
As a streamer and an LPer, I'll take this in a different route. What are you using to stream and with what settings?

I assume whatever you're using to stream is using an h.264 variant, which offers great compression but it comes at pretty high CPU cost. To off set that, you're going to want to turn renderer quality down (sometimes listed as "fastest, faster, fast, normal, slow, etc", use the fastest or "real time" options). If you have the upload bandwidth, up your bandwidth to compensate for the faster renderer.
(07-25-2013, 06:59 PM)Nuhai Wrote: [ -> ](...)
every 5-10 min it drops
(...)
8 core 3.1 ghz AMD FX-8120
(...)
One cause seems very possible yet not listed:
Overheating

Streaming + pcsx2 + awful cpu that has little power per electricity it consume/heat it create makes that clear, I would firstly monitor the temps to see how high they go right before speed drops. As this looks like a typical throttling problem.