..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Persona 3 problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been playing Persona 3 for a bit and when I try to enter the area where you join the track team I get nothing but a black screen and the next area won't load. I haven't run into any problems like this before and I get the same issue using 0.9.8 as I do in 1.0, I also tried messing with various video settings which didn't seem to help either. I played through Persona 4 a few months ago without any issues like this cropping up too. I'm on 64 bit Windows 7 if that means anything.
(08-03-2013, 01:48 AM)grafe Wrote: [ -> ]I've been playing Persona 3 for a bit and when I try to enter the area where you join the track team I get nothing but a black screen and the next area won't load. I haven't run into any problems like this before and I get the same issue using 0.9.8 as I do in 1.0, I also tried messing with various video settings which didn't seem to help either. I played through Persona 4 a few months ago without any issues like this cropping up too. I'm on 64 bit Windows 7 if that means anything.

Can you post the emulog.txt from right when it freezes.

A couple other questions, does the music keep playing? Or does everything freeze? Or does PCSX2 itself crash?
(08-03-2013, 02:09 AM)Koji Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post the emulog.txt from right when it freezes.

A couple other questions, does the music keep playing? Or does everything freeze? Or does PCSX2 itself crash?

(EE pc:00398258) TLB Miss, addr=0x2d4a710 [load]
(EE pc:00398264) TLB Miss, addr=0x2d4a714 [load]
(EE pc:00398270) TLB Miss, addr=0x2d4a71a [load]
(EE pc:0039827C) TLB Miss, addr=0x2d4a71c [load]

and yeah the music keeps playing, nothing crashes or anything like that
(08-03-2013, 02:30 AM)grafe Wrote: [ -> ](EE pc:00398258) TLB Miss, addr=0x2d4a710 [load]
(EE pc:00398264) TLB Miss, addr=0x2d4a714 [load]
(EE pc:00398270) TLB Miss, addr=0x2d4a71a [load]
(EE pc:0039827C) TLB Miss, addr=0x2d4a71c [load]

and yeah the music keeps playing, nothing crashes or anything like that

TLB miss means the game is most likely a bad dump... Copy your DVD using imgburn (do a google search for it, it's free) and use it to make a new ISO. You may want to do error checking just in case your disc has some scratches on it.
Also TBL errors can point to bad cheats as well I believe. So if redumping doesn't work, disable your cheats to see if that eliminates the issue.
(08-03-2013, 05:12 AM)Koji Wrote: [ -> ]TLB miss means the game is most likely a bad dump... Copy your DVD using imgburn (do a google search for it, it's free) and use it to make a new ISO. You may want to do error checking just in case your disc has some scratches on it.
Thanks for the help, it looks like the english version of the game is fine but I'd been playing with an undub and after looking around for a bit it seems like I need to update it to 1.02. Unfortunately it seems like all the downloads for the patch are dead but I guess at worst I can just switch over to english temporarily to get through any problem areas