..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: improve the pc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello everyone, I'm new and I speak Italian so via google translate and sorry in advance for how I write.

time for action

I have serious problems with the emulator even though the pc is not in a bad way.

CPU E6600
2GB DDR3 Ram
HD 4890 1GB

the video card should not have much trouble moving the emulator and the RAM I think is enough. one that leaves me in doubt is the processor. But I do not know which one to choose because I would not spend too much.
I'm doing a speech right? can someone help me? will greatly improve the situation if I had to choose just a Q8200 with SSE4?

thanks in advance
Your video card and ram are fine.

The Q8200 would be better because you can enable MTVU which will use more CPU cores, but it is still a little on the slow side. If you feel comfortable overclocking it, it should work well for an upgrade. Otherwise you'll want a quad core CPU in the 3ghz+ range. Unfortunately, I don't know which CPUs your board would support.
A used high-end Q, such as a Q9500 (2.8 ghz) or Q9700 (3.17 ghz) on a socket 775 motherboard sometimes costs more on ebay than a used i5 2500k! I guess you are stuck with that choice if you don't want to update your motherboard AND cpu. It would not do you much good to go from a 3+ ghz E6??? cpu to a Q8200 (only 2.3ghz). Even the awesome MTVU hack won't help you if your GS% is 99% due to weak cpu.

If you had good cooling and a good motherboard to support aggressive overclocking of a Q8200 over 3+ ghz then go for it instead and save a few dollars (or whatever currency you choose).
(08-08-2013, 09:51 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: [ -> ]A used high-end Q, such as a Q9500 (2.8 ghz) or Q9700 (3.17 ghz) on a socket 775 motherboard sometimes costs more on ebay than a used i5 2500k! I guess you are stuck with that choice if you don't want to update your motherboard AND cpu. It would not do you much good to go from a 3+ ghz E6??? cpu to a Q8200 (only 2.3ghz). Even the awesome MTVU hack won't help you if your GS% is 99% due to weak cpu.

If you had good cooling and a good motherboard to support aggressive overclocking of a Q8200 over 3+ ghz then go for it instead and save a few dollars (or whatever currency you choose).

E6600 is also only 2.4ghz. MTVU will offer a good 10-30% boost in most games, though I agree it'll still be well below ideal in most games.
the motherboard is a Asrock G41C-GS, supports all processors with Socket 775.
I hate to throw out of discrete components and by now well-established as such. but if the processor is my "bottleneck" I believe that or replace it.
has some decent prices I found the Q8300 and Q9300 obviously used. otherwise I have to wait a few auction on ebay
Quote:E6600 is also only 2.4ghz.

Hmm, I was not aware that model being only 2.4 ghz. I had a E5400 that was 2.7 ghz. It was really confusing to me as Intel recycled a lot of similar model numbers with lots of codenames during that time.
no, no... my E6600 have 3,02Ghz