..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Dark Cloud 2 - sudden game issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there, I've been running the game fine for a long time, but now that I'm going through Heim Rada, The game is running into all sorts of performance issues and EE is maxing out all of the time now. I've checked about 5 threads on here, and mimicked what was suggested, but EE is still at about 100%.

Laptop is fairly well put together

Intel i7 2.3ghz 8CPU
8Gb RAM
Geforce 670M 4Gb
Win 7 64bit

PCSX2 1.0.0

It was working fine, with a sound glitch at Viniccio that went away.
I've been running default settings, and don't really know much in the way of fixing it myself, and as stated before, the suggestions for others and my aimless tinkering haven't done anything either.

Cheers
Some areas/effects can be more stressful than others in a game. EE at 100% tells us that your CPU can't keep up with the game... there isn't much you can do about that aside from overclocking your CPU (not an option on laptops) or trying to use more speed hacks which may have negative effects on the game.
Yeah, I was worried about that.

I'm surprised that an intel i7 can't keep up. I know emulators are stressful, but that seems a bit silly.

Thanks for the response.
An i7 can keep it up.
An i7 @ 2.3 ghz is a bit weak though...
(08-12-2013, 12:10 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]An i7 can keep it up.
An i7 @ 2.3 ghz is a bit weak though...

Sorry to hijack the topic, but I'm getting close to that part. What about an i5 3570 at 3.4Ghz?
(08-12-2013, 02:07 AM)xenoriddley Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to hijack the topic, but I'm getting close to that part. What about an i5 3570 at 3.4Ghz?

that ivy bridge is already enough for the game what is your video card?
take note that game is a major-demanding games you need a video card that is well-balanced with your ivy bridge.
(08-12-2013, 02:26 AM)smartstrike Wrote: [ -> ]that ivy bridge is already enough for the game what is your video card?
take note that game is a major-demanding games you need a video card that is well-balanced with your ivy bridge.

My video card is a SAPPHIRE 100355-1GOCL Radeon HD 7850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
(08-12-2013, 05:48 AM)xenoriddley Wrote: [ -> ]My video card is a SAPPHIRE 100355-1GOCL Radeon HD 7850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5

that ivy bridge+HD7850 is already enough to run this game but what is your main concern issues??
Yeah your VID card to good man. You shouldn't have any problems at all. I do not know why you went with the 1GB version but that's a different matter entirely. So have fun
(08-12-2013, 06:00 AM)fade2black001 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah your VID card to good man. You shouldn't have any problems at all. I do not know why you went with the 1GB version but that's a different matter entirely. So have fun

i guess his concern is the graphic issues "e.g. vertical,horizontal lines" and not the speed.
Pages: 1 2