..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: New to pcsx2, having problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am new to pcsx2, but not to emultation. I run gamecube games on dolphin with graphical enhancements, while maintaining a 60fps framerate. However, I have had a great deal of difficulty getting a playable framerate on pcsx2. The games I am running are sly cooper 1 and 2, and here are my computer specs:

Intel i7-3610 QM 2.3-3.3 ghz
16 gb ram
GTX 675M graphics card

It is a gaming laptop, and I have tried overclocking but it resulted in no gains. Hence, I am assuming the problem lies within the settings I am using, which are the standard ones.
Or you could also assume that the games are improperly emulated instead, and find something else to play Tongue
What type of non default speed hack you use .
(08-18-2013, 07:46 AM)Coornio Wrote: [ -> ]Or you could also assume that the games are improperly emulated instead, and find something else to play Tongue

I didn't see them on the list of bad games... unless there is another one (Looked at the one on the main website)

(08-18-2013, 07:51 AM)Brock lessner Wrote: [ -> ]What type of non default speed hack you use .

I have everything on default, downloaded from the main website. The only change I made was to enable MTVU, which resulted in a gain of 20fps from 30 to 50. However, I am having difficulty maintaining 50 and it jumps down to 40 regularly.
Try to put ee and gs slider to 2 or set it by self what best for your game enable speed hacks and use native resolution !
(08-18-2013, 08:02 AM)Brock lessner Wrote: [ -> ]Try to put ee and gs slider to 2 or set it by self what best for your game enable speed hacks and use native resolution !

Native resolution was already enabled, speed hacks were already enabled, sliders had no effect.
Enable frame skip.
make sure you set power plan to performance mode.
Sly Cooper series are a bit demanding, and your CPU may not be up to the par.

As a last resort, Throttlestop may help you too
Throttlestop helped in some areas of the game, frameskipping hurts my eyes too much... I guess I should invest more in the cpu when it comes time to replace this computer.
(08-18-2013, 04:48 PM)PantherDeutschV Wrote: [ -> ]Throttlestop helped in some areas of the game, frameskipping hurts my eyes too much... I guess I should invest more in the cpu when it comes time to replace this computer.

frame skip does not work well in some games .
Pages: 1 2