..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Wangan Midnight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The game status has been set to "playable" just some month ago, so i tried to run it, but still the game won't boot and act as status nothing.

I tried the game occasionally over time, with 0.9.8, 1.0, 1.1.0, and today with the lastest svn.
Today i tried to check the compatibility thread of the game, thanks to user Haywan for succesfully testing it:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Wangan-Mi...5-U--29246
So i downloaded the working svn mentioned in the thread (5602), and used the exact plugins/config, but still the game won't boot. I also tried the 1.0.0 r5350.

Reposting the info here...
Used SVN 5602 windows x86 with:
GSdx 5580 SSE2 0.1.16 (gsdx32-r5580) (dx9 default config)
LilyPad svn (r5403) 0.11.0
SPU2-X r5559 2.0.0
cdvdGigaherz r5403 0.8.0
Usbnull
FWnull
DEV9null
Bios: U.S. 2.00 (2004)

Default config of the plugins, i tried to enable/disable speedhacks/automatic game fixes.

My build:
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9850 Black Edition
GPU: Nvidia Geforce 8200
RAM: 4GB

As said before i also tried different versions over time with default settings and different tweakings, but still nothing. Previously i also had as GPU a Geforce 9500GT but same results.
Used only the backup ISO made from my import disc, i also tried to run the game once directly from the disc but no different results whatsoever.

Thanks in advance.
Do you have MTVU enabled by any chance in the speed hacks menu? It's known to cause problems with a select few games which makes them not boot.
(08-31-2013, 04:01 PM)Koji Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have MTVU enabled by any chance in the speed hacks menu? It's known to cause problems with a select few games which makes them not boot.

I checked right now but it was already disabled, i tried anyway to enable speedhacks and disable MTVU in the lastest svn, still nothing.
What did you use to make the iso?
(08-31-2013, 07:05 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]What did you use to make the iso?
I used InfraRecorder, why? Is there a better software for backups?
imgburn should fit better
(08-31-2013, 07:21 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]imgburn should fit better
I tried it, no changes.
Btw, before trying the backup i made time ago i also burned the iso on a disc to make sure the game hadn't some kind of protection and if the iso was backed up correctly, so i put it in my mod PS2 and it just work correctly. I hardly think the iso is the problem.