..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Noob question on memcard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I dual booted my system with windows 7 and ubuntu 13.04. I was previously using pcsx2 on my windows 7, and decided to try it out on my ubuntu side, I installed it and got my controller working, and copied my game from my mounted drive, as well as my memory card files. But the issue is my memory card files don't seem to want to work. I don't get an error or anything, I just don't have any data on them, where I had a small 25 hrs worth of FFXII before. Is there a reason for this? Do they not port over right or something?

Any information would be excellent. Smile And btw excellent work on the linux version works better than my windows version! Laugh Sound is so nice! Laugh
Afaik, windows version compresses memcards with ntfs method.
That could be the problem. You should try to expand them using win7 and then try to liad them under ubuntu.
To port your memory cards from Windows to Linux version, it's as simple as copy and paste over to your directory. I personally do so via the GUI on Ubuntu, "mount the Windows partition in Ubuntu (just clicking on the symbol in the file manager does it automatically), then find the file, then copy paste.

Try that. If that doesn't work, then please post a screenshot showing the errant memory cards on the GUI.
But if you got a Wubi install of Ubuntu, good luck with the above solution, as Wubi installs Ubuntu in a virtual hard drive in Windows.
I think they dropped Wubi from 13.04 onward. It still exists on Mint as Mint4Win.