..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Internal Gsdx pcsx2 vs epsexe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As all we know gsdx pcsx2 can be used in epsexe.
Gsdx internal res pcsx2 there are native,custom and scaling 2x,3x,etc.
Gsdx internal res epsexe there are H x 1 - V x 1 , H x 2 - V x 1, H x 2 - V x 2, etc.
I have some questions
1. why pcsx2 can't display scaling like in epsexe (i know epsexe only software mode)?
2. Can pcsx2 hardware mode show those scaling?
3. Is it possible for pcx2 implement those scaling ( like in epsexe )? All of us know scaling in pcsx2 can caused gap, but in epsexe i see no gap. May be if we implement those scaling, gap issue will be fixed. Thank you Smile
Actually i'd be more interested to know why GSdx always runs without a frame-limiter when used in PS1 emulators, i still haven't figured that out.
(09-18-2013, 11:24 AM)billyash Wrote: [ -> ]As all we know gsdx pcsx2 can be used in epsexe.
1. why pcsx2 can't display scaling like in epsexe (i know epsexe only software mode)?
Is it though? i mean the graphics look crap, sure, but the PS1 does Tongue It's more likely if it has some sort of renderer scaling that it's done on the hardware renderer.

(09-18-2013, 12:43 PM)Coornio Wrote: [ -> ]Actually i'd be more interested to know why GSdx always runs without a frame-limiter when used in PS1 emulators, i still haven't figured that out.

Probably because if you took it off, it would run at about 900fps on modern machines.
(09-18-2013, 03:14 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Probably because if you took it off, it would run at about 900fps on modern machines.

Might want to re-read that Tongue
(09-18-2013, 03:22 PM)Coornio Wrote: [ -> ]Might want to re-read that Tongue

whoops Tongue2 yeh i dunno lol
(09-18-2013, 03:14 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Is it though? i mean the graphics look crap, sure, but the PS1 does Tongue It's more likely if it has some sort of renderer scaling that it's done on the hardware renderer
no, what i mean is scaling methode. So scaling per vertical (x) and horizontal (y) , instead 2x (vertical and horizontal). Thank you Smile
You could do it manually if you know the native res Tongue2
(09-18-2013, 12:43 PM)Coornio Wrote: [ -> ]Actually i'd be more interested to know why GSdx always runs without a frame-limiter when used in PS1 emulators, i still haven't figured that out.

use spuasync as audio out method with lock the game to 60fps for some reason its soundplugin setting that fixes this
(09-19-2013, 03:14 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: [ -> ]use spuasync as audio out method with lock the game to 60fps for some reason its soundplugin setting that fixes this

There are tons of ways to force something to "run full speed" when it's going over. You can limit a game based on frame rate, audio samples, cpu cycles, etc. That said, it would be nice if gsdx did have a fps option. Since PCSX2 is it's primary use, and it handles framerate using the latter option (instead of the former) that's why it lacks one. Or at least that'd be my guess.
(09-19-2013, 12:31 PM)Koji Wrote: [ -> ]There are tons of ways to force something to "run full speed" when it's going over. You can limit a game based on frame rate, audio samples, cpu cycles, etc. That said, it would be nice if gsdx did have a fps option. Since PCSX2 is it's primary use, and it handles framerate using the latter option (instead of the former) that's why it lacks one. Or at least that'd be my guess.

IT never has and problably never will it been like that since forever
Pages: 1 2