..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Hi there, drop of framerates on vibration [SOLVED / Explained]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone, first of all, thanks for the amazing job, there is plenty of awesome games for this console and the option of porting the console bios to an strong emulation platform to preserve my digital copies of games (for ever) is the best, so here is the problem.

When gaming, on any game, fps drops by half on any vibration on the controller pad, I was searching for this issue and found two related threads:

The important one

and the other one

So, I'll tell my system specs if u know some knwown bug or something:

[Image: hardwa11.png]

Now my PCSX2 config:

[Image: pcsx2_10.png]

And my controller is a Genius Maxfire Blaze 3.

As in the first thread, I updated everything and reinstalled, but problem goes on Sad and the user that posted the problem didn't posted he's solution, so please help, vibration is crucial in any thriller games and I want to revive the Project Zero saga, thanks for any response.

Best Regards!! Laugh
Well while not related to your question, you should use the GSDX with SSE4 I think. The FX 8350 supports it and the instructions will be faster than SSE2 in some cases. Good luck with your main question.
(09-24-2013, 04:00 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Well while not related to your question, you should use the GSDX with SSE4 I think. The FX 8350 supports it and the instructions will be faster than SSE2 in some cases. Good luck with your main question.

Hi there Laugh thanks for your response, well, I tried the SSE4, but frames drops a little on NTSC, like at 45~50 fps, but with SSE3 works better ^^ full on 59,9~60, unfortunately the vibration slowdown continues.

Thank you very much for your kind advice ^^
(09-24-2013, 04:26 AM)Zomdark Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there Laugh thanks for your response, well, I tried the SSE4, but frames drops a little on NTSC, like at 45~50 fps, but with SSE3 works better ^^ full on 59,9~60, unfortunately the vibration slowdown continues.

Thank you very much for your kind advice ^^

HMM... it drops with SSE 4? I wonder if it is because of AMD processor? My FX 6300 is the same Vishera core and I noticed in PassMark benchmark the SSE test is MASSIVELY slower than Intel processors(50.4 vs 25.8 for i7 3700k vs Fx 6300 on SSE test.)... now I'm gonna have to do some tests in game.

On a similar note, I can't make vibration work at all. I'm using a regular PS2 controller with a multi converter box I bought at wal-mart years back. I don't think it even has a brand but it has 2 USB ports, a Playstation 2 port, a Gamecube port and an Xbox port.
I did some testing and found in certain situations my setup is faster with SSSE3 as well. Specifically I had to dial down the graphics and turn off the framelimiter so I became CPU limited in FF12. Here are results:

FX6300 @ 4.1GHZ
8GB DDR3 1600 9,9,9,27
Geforce GT 610

FFXII IZJS 2x resolution, MTVU, frame limit off, all else default:
SSE2: 80FPS
SSSE3: 80FPS
SSE4.1: 80 FPS

Native resolution:
SSE2: 124 FPS
SSSE3: 130 FPS
SSE4.1: 124 FPS

Very interesting.
(09-24-2013, 04:37 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]HMM... it drops with SSE 4? I wonder if it is because of AMD processor? My FX 6300 is the same Vishera core and I noticed in PassMark benchmark the SSE test is MASSIVELY slower than Intel processors(50.4 vs 25.8 for i7 3700k vs Fx 6300 on SSE test.)... now I'm gonna have to do some tests in game.

On a similar note, I can't make vibration work at all. I'm using a regular PS2 controller with a multi converter box I bought at wal-mart years back. I don't think it even has a brand but it has 2 USB ports, a Playstation 2 port, a Gamecube port and an Xbox port.

Humm, I think the multi converter box is sending the signal for a common usb controller, I don't think that the converter deals with the vibration motors
UP!!!
So Bulldozer-based chips are better off using SSSE3 then, hmm? Very interesting...

Maybe try using a different PAD plugin?
(09-24-2013, 09:16 PM)NarooN Wrote: [ -> ]So Bulldozer-based chips are better off using SSSE3 then, hmm? Very interesting...

Maybe try using a different PAD plugin?

Thanks for your response Smile I'm a bit new on this emulator, so I don't really know how to isntall other PAD plugin that is not included on the original build, and on those two, LylyPad is the only one that have vibration options :/

Are there other Pad plugins? in that case, may I ask where to get? thanks by the way Laugh

regards!
I recommend this one.

It's the one I use now, I don't bother with Lilypad anymore (even though I had no problems with it before.) This plugin automaps the buttons without me having to go in and re-do them every time I download a new SVN or anything. Pretty awesome.
Pages: 1 2