..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: is pcsx2 safe to use ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello i was wondering is pcsx 2 safe to use will my pc overheat or something from it since its emulation my specs are i7 2600k and hd6970 and 8gb ram my ps2 broke so i will start using pcsx 2 Tongue
unless it's not a laptop you don't need to.

if you need to "watch the temps"
install CoreTemp or Speecy for monitoring temperatures.

if your computer jolts at 80C~ better stop playing 1st it maybe the CPU needs to check that may haved depletes it's thermal paste.
(09-28-2013, 04:37 PM)smartstrike Wrote: [ -> ]unless it's not a laptop you don't need to.

if you need to "watch the temps"
install CoreTemp or Speecy for monitoring temperatures.

if your computer jolts at 80C~ better stop playing 1st it maybe the CPU needs to check that may haved depletes it's thermal paste.
thanks for answer its not lapotop anyways im gonna run it Wink
It's never a bad idea once a month or so to run a highly stressful CPU benchmark (say intel burn-in) and watch your temps to make sure there isn't something going on. Depending on the game, PCSX2 could very much push the heat envelope quite a bit... but it's very hard to damage any computer with overheating hardware anymore.

This is because since the last decade or so, computers have had safety systems designed to deal with heat in whatever way they can. This is where automatic downclocking and (in extreme cases) automatic PC shut down occur. There is always the chance when a sudden shutdown occurs that you could have data loss, but it's not likely to effect your hardware, at least not in the short term (it would take months of this extreme heat/shutdowns of not taking care of the real problem)
For CPU stress testing, I like Prime95, since it can detect calculation errors and give you a heads-up in case your CPU is failing and/or you've overclocked it too much. Tongue
(09-28-2013, 04:26 PM)tony:p Wrote: [ -> ]my specs are i7 2600k and hd6970
On your PC you can play day & night and PC will be cold as ice.
PCSX2 not pushing modern hardware to their limits Smile
If your mobo Intel then you can check PC status with Intel Desktop Utilities and will be a warning if overheat or something else.