..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: About shortcut / macro keys for PCSX2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hmm... I wanna ask, are there any macros or shortcut keys for PCSX2? I mean, in WinKawaks, you can set up a bunch of keys to 1 button in the specific .ini file.

Let me use The King of Fighters as an example.

To simplfy, you can pull off a desperation move by pressing just 1 button. If you go into the .ini file, and type all the buttons (direction keys and ABCD keys) and that need to be pressed for the move next to an option, and set the key bindings that you want to trigger that string of commands, then if you press the button you set, the system will do that chain of commands you set.

Is there any similar thing like this in PCSX2? Thanks in advacne!
you mean the hotkey commands similar to neoragex and mvspsp?

i'm not sure if Lilypad can combine the bind in 1 button or try XPADDER if they allow combined bind key controls e.g. A+B+C in just one button.
Anyone here?
you got a reply, don't ignore him, that's rude.
(10-17-2013, 11:50 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]you got a reply, don't ignore him, that's rude.

I am really sorry, when I typed "Anyone here" I didn't that reply, but when I refreshed the page several hours later it suddenly appeared. I am really sorry about that, and I didn't plan to ignore it!
(10-17-2013, 11:26 AM)smartstrike Wrote: [ -> ]you mean the hotkey commands similar to neoragex and mvspsp?

i'm not sure if Lilypad can combine the bind in 1 button or try XPADDER if they allow combined bind key controls e.g. A+B+C in just one button.

I am really sorry about not seeing your reply! But I really didn't see your reply when I bumped my post... I just saw your post when I pressed F5. I apologize! And I am rally glad that finally someone replied!

Back to topic, I didn't heard of neoragex and mvspsp, but I think you got what I mean. For example, a simple command:

↓↘→ + Heavy Punch = Hadoken

I can simply press "Numpad 0" to pull it off, that means when I press "Numpad 0" and the computer / game will execute "↓↘→ + Numpad 5 (Heavy Punch)".

You mean Lilypad and XPADDER can do what I said?
TwinPad is probably the only pcsx2 input plugin which allows combo keys, but yeah you can do it with quite a few external programs which will work with any plugin. I use GlovePIE myself, because it allows for some crazy stuff easily, but since it's based on scripting, it's probably bad/confusing for less geek'y people.
(10-18-2013, 01:26 AM)miseru99 Wrote: [ -> ]TwinPad is probably the only pcsx2 input plugin which allows combo keys, but yeah you can do it with quite a few external programs which will work with any plugin. I use GlovePIE myself, because it allows for some crazy stuff easily, but since it's based on scripting, it's probably bad/confusing for less geek'y people.
Okay thank you so much for your advice! I will try TwinPad first, but do you think it is enough for "↓↘→ + Numpad 5" or "↓↘→↘↓↙← + Numpad 5"? Things like Hadoken or OrochiNagi XD

I will try GlovePIE later if I found that TwinPad is not enough, but seems that it is some complicated stuff, can I ask you questions if I found difficulties when I use it? Thanks a lot!