..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Can my laptop emulate PS2 games at good fps?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys i know there is a sticky regarding this, but i don't really know about some of the things posted over there, so i just want a quick reply regarding if my laptop can emulate ps2 games with good fps, i really really really want to play FF X, KH, PSU, .hack games, Tales of the Abyss, anyway, i really love the PS2 so here goes, my specs are:

I'm using an Asus G75VW laptop

Windows 8
Processor Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.30 GHz (has reached 3.30 GHz with Turbo Boost)

8 GB RAM

1 TB HDD

Graphic Card Nvidia GeForce Gtx 670 3 GB

Direct X 11

Not sure if those are the specs i need to point out, let me know please, i hope i can emulate those games i mentioned. Thanks and regards.
As long as it runs at its turbo speed, it should handle a lot of games just fine. Make sure you set your Windows power-plan to "Performance" mode to prevent throttling.
(10-20-2013, 11:20 PM)NarooN Wrote: [ -> ]As long as it runs at its turbo speed, it should handle a lot of games just fine. Make sure you set your Windows power-plan to "Performance" mode to prevent throttling.

Very well, thank you for the quick reply. Laugh
Try out throttlestop too, you can get it from techinferno.com. This will help you keep a high frequency and prevent throttling. Make sure you monitor your temps though with something like coretemp.