..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: New Speed Hack as of revision 532.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The message with the update says to use default with the new INTC option.

I tested it out and for some odd reason i get the bigest speed boost from using the x3 and the new option.

With INTC off and x3 on I get 66% speed.
With INTC on and x3 on I get 88% speed.
With default and the INTC I get 35% speed.

I'm just gonna use all the options.
[attachment=12961][attachment=12962]
It's all gme dependent. Anyway, it's still an experimental hack. So just use it at your own risk

And by the way, we do not offer support at all for hacks. They're there, but it's all up to the users, heh
Thats AWESOME. What game did u test, Allex?
(02-19-2009, 09:46 PM)Krakatos Wrote: [ -> ]It's all gme dependent. Anyway, it's still an experimental hack. So just use it at your own risk

And by the way, we do not offer support at all for hacks. They're there, but it's all up to the users, heh

I already know what I wanna do with it,

Just putting it out there.

I tested it out on Star Ocean 3.

My system setup is.

nForce 750i MotherBoard

Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.0 Ghz
FSB @ 1333 MHz
Bus Speed @ 333 MHz

Nvidia GeForce 8800
Core Bus @ 733 Mhz
Memory Bus @ 1011 Mhz

2.00 GB RAM @ 800 MHz DDR2

Hard Disk Drive:
Hitachi HDP7250GLA SCSI
500 GB

Windows Vista Premium 32-bit Operating System
Aero Effects off, Classic Theme.
we could start a list on what games we notice a speedboost.

Someone said he got a speedboost in FF12, i can't confirm this:
http://img1.abload.de/img/speedhack53qj.jpg
(i took these shots, there is no speedboost at all)

i didn't tested more games, but i will, tonight Tongue2
This new speedhack is great! I'm testing it now and every game has retained true to what is suggested: the new hack is best with EE at normal rate. Here's some data:

Xenosaga Episode 1:

396X3 - 84% fps
rev537 w/ INTC on and EE at default - 80% fps
rev537 w/ INTC on and EE at 1.5x - 78% fps
rev537 w/ INTC on and EE at 2x - 76% fps
rev537 w/ INTC on and EE at 3x - Output says 78% fps, but it runs more like 60% fps
rev537 w/ INTC off and EE at default - 59% fps

All of these are at the same exact scene with everything the same except what is listed. Great job team, anyone who's played Xenosaga knows that 396X3 was the only good way to play it, and now we're getting close to being able to dump that old build!
We aren't interested at all in comparisons with thrid party, hacked builds...
(02-20-2009, 01:40 AM)Krakatos Wrote: [ -> ]We aren't interested at all in comparisons with thrid party, hacked builds...
are they using Cheat Engine(third party) to boost up speed EVEN more....
(02-20-2009, 01:40 AM)Krakatos Wrote: [ -> ]We aren't interested at all in comparisons with thrid party, hacked builds...

There was no need to be so rude. I was merely giving my experience with the new hack. This could be helpful to some of the regular users out there. I'm sure you high-and-mighty testers don't care about what counts as a good thing to us lowly peasants, but you could at least try to be decent. Just because you are a moderator shouldn't give you the right to be so discourteous. This is a forum for discussion of our experiences with betas, and I did just that.
Its been tweaked a little more, so I'm gonna check it out some more with some games and report back.
Pages: 1 2