..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh, glad to see SC getting involved.

So SC's tool now supports DS4? I may try that...
(01-22-2014, 08:40 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: [ -> ]What Device ID does it show when you plug it in?

Xbox One Controller has USB\VID_045E&PID_02D1
Just simply adding id into xsub22.inf allowed me install the driver, but controller still shows up as unspecified device inside Devices and Printers
I'm glad to see the ramp up of collaboration with the project. I'm also glad to hear that InhexSTER feels strongly about not having to dedicate a BT dongle to the DS4. In Windows 7, I was able to have 2 BT dongles connected at the same time, having one dedicated to the DS3 and one for my other BT devices but since I upgraded to Windows 8.1 it doesn't seem possible to have 2 BT dongles enabled at the same time, so it's not possible for me to dedicate one for the controller.
Just wanted to thanks to those involved in the development of this, with this program the ds4 easily becomes my favorite controler to use on the PC over an xb wired and a razer sabertooth, im looking forward to where the project goes in the future.
@felixlighter: it is possible to have 2 dongles on Win 8.1. On my HTPC I have Win 8.1, 1 dongle dedicated to DS3/DS4 use, 1 dongle for BTH Keyboard/Mouse/iPhone use.

The Win 8.1 update is really more of a fresh install than a service pack style update, so you lose a lot of your device driver database. It just takes a bit of messing about in Device Manager to get everything working properly again.
(01-22-2014, 03:52 PM)Formula21 Wrote: [ -> ]Just wanted to thanks to those involved in the development of this, with this program the ds4 easily becomes my favorite controler to use on the PC over an xb wired and a razer sabertooth, im looking forward to where the project goes in the future.

muchly agree, nice to see people do these things. i just like throwing ideas as i think would match others being a gamer of pc games. i was thinking of trying some other games for pc to see how it is. works amazing with ffxiv and now the BT hotplug is sweet. no more start stop and no more having to restart the game everytime it was unplugged or off. cant wait for gyro
As promised, I've taken feedback into account and rolled a 1.2.1 release. This should assist in debugging as well, because I added output to the console whenever a log message appears in the window; you need only start ScpServer with the console output redirected to a file in order to store it for posting here.

This is the last release I'm going to do for a little while unless I personally find any horrible bugs. I sending this version out there for usability and bug testing and I would like it be the test target everyone goes to along with the original 1.1 versions. If anyone is interested in providing a small amount of assistance, I could use help making Alt-Tab work so we can stick that on L3 or R3 and a Windows key on the other. Ctrl-Alt-Del I realize is NOT possible without emulating a virtual keyboard; this is an inbuilt Windows security feature called the "Secure Attention Key".

*Full change log:*
Output all debug messages to the console so that we
can easily capture it to a file ("ScpServer > log.txt").

Add several touchpad modes that you toggle by pressing the PS
button while your finger is on the touchpad. The default mode
supports everything that is supported now, but L2, R2, L3 and R3
buttons assignments have been removed. L2/R2 will not come back,
but L3 and R3 will be used as programmable hotkeys. After that,
the next mode removes all buttons except pushing down on the
touchpad is still a left mouse button click/drag. The final new
mode has no button support, only moving the mouse cursor. Finally,
hitting the PS button again will toggle the touchpad to a disabled
state. Each touchpad mode transition has haptic feedback; the
controller will rumble differently to indicate what mode you are in.

Finally, eliminate button presses on the Xinput controller output
side of things while the touchpad is held and is absorbing those
button presses. This prevents a certain kind of dual-input.
Jw what buttons are l3 and r3

and good work btw. i dont got the brains to do this
(01-22-2014, 05:18 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]As promised, I've taken feedback into account and rolled a 1.2.1 release. This should assist in debugging as well, because I added output to the console whenever a log message appears in the window; you need only start ScpServer with the console output redirected to a file in order to store it for posting here.

This is the last release I'm going to do for a little while unless I personally find any horrible bugs. I sending this version out there for usability and bug testing and I would like it be the test target everyone goes to along with the original 1.1 versions. If anyone is interested in providing a small amount of assistance, I could use help making Alt-Tab work so we can stick that on L3 or R3 and a Windows key on the other. Ctrl-Alt-Del I realize is NOT possible without emulating a virtual keyboard; this is an inbuilt Windows security feature called the "Secure Attention Key".

*Full change log:*
Output all debug messages to the console so that we
can easily capture it to a file ("ScpServer > log.txt").

Add several touchpad modes that you toggle by pressing the PS
button while your finger is on the touchpad. The default mode
supports everything that is supported now, but L2, R2, L3 and R3
buttons assignments have been removed. L2/R2 will not come back,
but L3 and R3 will be used as programmable hotkeys. After that,
the next mode removes all buttons except pushing down on the
touchpad is still a left mouse button click/drag. The final new
mode has no button support, only moving the mouse cursor. Finally,
hitting the PS button again will toggle the touchpad to a disabled
state. Each touchpad mode transition has haptic feedback; the
controller will rumble differently to indicate what mode you are in.

Finally, eliminate button presses on the Xinput controller output
side of things while the touchpad is held and is absorbing those
button presses. This prevents a certain kind of dual-input.

thanks electrobrains!!

it's perfect for me now, with touchpad button as the left mouse click.
really awesome job!

keep it up Smile
New version works way better than 1.2. Stopping/Starting in exclusive mode seems to be working now. Turning off controller though while tool running caused it to hang the tool.
I think ultimately its better to come to one input standard:
One finger tap on touchpad = Left Click
Two finger tap on touchpad = Right Click
Two finger up/down = scroll
any other button should be modified keys if needed

Hardware is there to do 2 finger tracking, also there is a touch count for each finger