..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My problem is that I used to use xbox360ce to run my games with a third-party controller. I just got the PS4 controller and as of now, I only found Portal 2 and Outlast to work since I never used xbox360ce on them. How could I get it to work on my other games like Dark Souls? Currently only the guide button works on it. I am using a USB Cable through Windows 8.1 x64 and using the latest DS4 V1.1
(01-24-2014, 09:03 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]In first post there is a link to a post explaining difference between two modes

cable still connects and reconnects...still minimal input lag in fifa 14....tried both modes...tried every version...

Sad
(01-25-2014, 06:12 AM)DemonicTaild Wrote: [ -> ]My problem is that I used to use xbox360ce to run my games with a third-party controller. I just got the PS4 controller and as of now, I only found Portal 2 and Outlast to work since I never used xbox360ce on them. How could I get it to work on my other games like Dark Souls? Currently only the guide button works on it. I am using a USB Cable through Windows 8.1 x64 and using the latest DS4 V1.1

Delete x360ce.exe, x360ce.ini and all xinput*.dll from game executable directory, for all games that you used x360ce with.
(01-25-2014, 06:12 AM)DemonicTaild Wrote: [ -> ]My problem is that I used to use xbox360ce to run my games with a third-party controller. I just got the PS4 controller and as of now, I only found Portal 2 and Outlast to work since I never used xbox360ce on them. How could I get it to work on my other games like Dark Souls? Currently only the guide button works on it. I am using a USB Cable through Windows 8.1 x64 and using the latest DS4 V1.1

To remove X360Ce you need to delete xinput1.3.dll from your games
I've had problems with stuck or unregistered button presses with electrobrains' 1.2.1; InhexSTER's 1.1 is a bit more laggy but works perfectly fine. Also using Windows 8.1 x64 and a Belkin bluetooth (4.0) adapter.

(01-25-2014, 01:51 AM)Manu270891 Wrote: [ -> ]electrobrains' 1.2.1 version works perfectly, but InhexSTER's 1.1 version doesn't, the controller lags constantly. I'm using Windows 8.1 x64 and a Belkin bluetooth adapter. Thank you for this amazing software!
We had a very productive/exciting conference for the past couple hours, and InhexSTER will be posting in detail about our plans for 1.3 and 2.0! For now I'd like two share two things:

First of all, we figured out the "dual-input" thing! Simple open up "Device Manager" and hit "View" (menu) -> "Devices by Connection". Find your DS4 device and the associated "Wireless Controller" with the standard Bluetooth icon next to it. Right click it and choose "Disable" and suddenly no games which take both at once will actually be reading any values from the non-Xinput Bluetooth device. This means you can JUST enable "Shared mode" and it will work!

Second of all, I want to state what I'm getting at asking for donations. I want to be able to get a second DS4 and a number of Bluetooth adapters to test compatibility, range, performance, etc. If anyone with a Toshiba Bluetooth adapter would like to get support going soon, we could use someone donating one of us or both of us a Toshiba adapter. Likewise, I only have a couple old Bluetooth 2.0 adapters. I could use other various Bluetooth 2.1, 3.0 and 4.0 adapters. I have a copy of Windows 7 I can put in a Virtual Machine so I can test both Windows 8.1 and 7. If anyone would like to get our addresses to donate hardware for the cause, please send us private messages or post here. Buying more hardware is not in my budget so I'm just working with what I have.

Expect a full report of our discussions from InhexSTER soon! Also, polls are in: InhexSTER has gorgeous hair Tongue2
So here is what we have for 1.3:
We are going to carefully go through our code and find as many bugs/performance issue we can fix.
We are going to have basic touchpad support with few modes. More or less what 1.2.1 has
So we will have to verify a fix for dual input on both UBS and BT as well as how it behaves on different Windows version.
We will try incorporate the fix inside the tool, so disabling "Wireless Controller" would be automatically done while tool is running, so no need for "Hide DS4 Controller button"
Will try to enabled Toshiba dongles support if we can get the tech, or at least dedicated testers.
Hopefully released in 1-2 weeks.

For 2.0:
We have completely new architecture in mind.
It will allow modularity for functional elements, such as a touchpad and led control will be different *.dll files and will be able to compile independently from the tool.
We will have separate API to talk to the controller, so developers of games or console emulators can have native access to the controller function without needing xinput/directinput. This includes all the input data from the controller.
I will be looking in audio support, i have some ideas in mind.
Possibly ability to create your own behaviour for touchpad or lightbar by adding scripting language support
Allowing button mapping and configuration of the tool through the xml file, hopefully with GUI editor for it as well
We discussed tons of touchpad/controller features that can be cool to add, but since 2.0 is going to take some time we will discuss them later.
We discussed a lot of architectural stuff behind the code, and we will take some time investigate which approach will be the best.
(01-25-2014, 07:19 AM)Aleksandr Wrote: [ -> ]I've had problems with stuck or unregistered button presses with electrobrains' 1.2.1; InhexSTER's 1.1 is a bit more laggy but works perfectly fine. Also using Windows 8.1 x64 and a Belkin bluetooth (4.0) adapter.

Try disabling the "Wireless Controller" device as I just described, while using Shared mode, and see how things work?
@InhexSTER
please post the hangout record because i missed the live hangout Sad
Is there a way to make the touchpad click into a recognizable button? I was thinking of using it for Push-to-Talk but since it doesn't get recognized as a button I can't use it with something like JoyToKey.