..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-25-2014, 07:26 PM)Mkilbride Wrote: [ -> ]Who still uses VLC?

MPCHC is the standard for any media on PC.

I have MPC as well. I just use VLC for most things. MPC has some small quirks that annoy me and it stops me from using it full time.

I was just bring up the issue. I refuse to stop using VLC because of this small issue.
I know mass effect was not made to work with controllers but will this allow it too?
(01-25-2014, 11:50 PM)savino Wrote: [ -> ]1-when i play "burial at sea" with the ds4, i think i have a bug because when i press L1 there is one gunfire before the opening of the magic power menu !
somebody have the same problem ?

Just try to disable touchpad. Game thinks you left clicking by L1.
(01-26-2014, 06:41 AM)corgan89 Wrote: [ -> ]I know mass effect was not made to work with controllers but will this allow it too?

No, this is for Xinput support on DS4 and there aren't any mapping functions implemented as yet. Use Xpadder or wait and try out the Steam controller when it launches.
Angryinhexter. u did a great job so far. but sadly you're app is worthless. and i mean that. on every version. the program. it just simply fails to stay synchronized with the ds4. the responds time is horrible. USB or BT. it takes 3 seconds. before you're App realizes. that a buttons or a analog stick has been moved or pushed!!! the stock driver at least they don't have any issues with the respond time. i'v tried the final version. same case. even when u choose to hide the stock controller. which is supposedly conflicting with the 360 controller. if someone got the answer. let me know.

P.s. Motionjoy did a great job on the ds3. hope that they release a working tool. DS4
(01-26-2014, 11:02 AM)Dragun1988 Wrote: [ -> ]Angryinhexter. u did a great job so far. but sadly you're app is worthless. and i mean that. on every version. the program. it just simply fails to stay synchronized with the ds4. the responds time is horrible. USB or BT. it takes 3 seconds. before you're App realizes. that a buttons or a analog stick has been moved or pushed!!! the stock driver at least they don't have any issues with the respond time. i'v tried the final version. same case. even when u choose to hide the stock controller. which is supposedly conflicting with the 360 controller. if someone got the answer. let me know.

P.s. Motionjoy did a great job on the ds3. hope that they release a working tool. DS4

Sorry but works fine for me. This worked better than the broken XBOX 360 controller I recently bought and returned. Even with calibration the games wouldn't recognize the joystick fully going up. Characters would walk instead of run.

Tested brief on Saints Row the 3rd and Dead Island and didn't notice any lag using USB. Using Windows 7 too. Used beta update version 2.
To counter the negativity above, I'll say that I just started using this wrapper and it works fantastically, without a single hitch. Thanks so much for making it.

I will ask though, I see people making reference to versions 1.2 and 1.3 in previous posts. Is there an official page or thread where I can download those, or are they just buried in this thread somewhere? 1.1 Final is what I've been using, linked from InhexSTER's initial post.
Search for posts by me, you'll find the DS4-bff* versions easily enough. I'll try to post a roll-up later which has each different version to try.
(01-26-2014, 02:26 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Search for posts by me, you'll find the DS4-bff* versions easily enough. I'll try to post a roll-up later which has each different version to try.

Excellent, thanks. I'm using 1.2.1 now and it works quite well.
Oh and 1.3 will be the next big version, we're collaborating directly to get the major bug fixes and features into one branch of code again, and then 2.0 will be the next generation, fully-custom-behavior version with a slick but separate user interface for configuration and status.