..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been having an issue with this tool in conjunction with the Arkham games. It, for some reason, maps the Y/Triangle function to both the Triangle button and the R1, and the X/Square function to both Square and L1. I would've looked more into it myself, but I honestly have no idea where to even start looking.

To my knowledge, it only does it with the Arkham games, and I'd rather use a unified tool like this than have to plaster the same two files into every game directory that I want to use the controller with.
I can't seem to get Windows 8.1 64-bit to detect my controller as a 360 controller.

I've already installed the 360 drivers from the website (I've never own a 360 controller in my life), and I meet the other software requirements. I used x360ce with MGSR (successfully) before I installed this, but I don't see how that would conflict with anything.

I've done a restart, and nothing. Here's what my Devices and Server output look like:

[Image: 6Ddoo.png]

[Image: 6Ddka.jpg]

The DS3 driver installation was successful, no issues there, according to the output.
(01-30-2014, 03:24 AM)stormhertz Wrote: [ -> ]I can't seem to get Windows 8.1 64-bit to detect my controller as a 360 controller.

I've already installed the 360 drivers from the website (I've never own a 360 controller in my life), and I meet the other software requirements. I used x360ce with MGSR (successfully) before I installed this, but I don't see how that would conflict with anything.

I've done a restart, and nothing. Here's what my Devices and Server output look like:

[Image: 6Ddoo.png]

[Image: 6Ddka.jpg]

The DS3 driver installation was successful, no issues there, according to the output.

You are using DS4 1.0, download 1.1 final
(01-30-2014, 12:57 AM)Ilyich Wrote: [ -> ]I've been having an issue with this tool in conjunction with the Arkham games. It, for some reason, maps the Y/Triangle function to both the Triangle button and the R1, and the X/Square function to both Square and L1. I would've looked more into it myself, but I honestly have no idea where to even start looking.

To my knowledge, it only does it with the Arkham games, and I'd rather use a unified tool like this than have to plaster the same two files into every game directory that I want to use the controller with.

You probably have the touchpad enabled. Press L2+Touchpad.
This happened to me once, i was really confused until I realized this.

When you press L1, it's trying to do both left click and whatever the button is assigned to.
(01-30-2014, 03:31 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]You are using DS4 1.0, download 1.1 final

Ah, a simple mistake. I couldn't see the version number, so I figured I was already on the final version.

Thanks for the help, it seems to be working!
Not sure if this has been covered but when in game my L2 and R2 is mapped out as start and options and my L1 and R1 are mapped as buttons 5 and 6 not sure if this is intended, was just curious?
(01-29-2014, 07:21 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]In the future the mapper could be turned into the service, it will not happen until 2.0 for sure. As of now having a GUI it's easier to debug / receive output from the tool. Before it turned into a service it needs to be running stable enough. At the moment biggest limitation is applications that prevent use of exclusive mode until they are off.

It limits ability of Hot-Plug functionality because as soon as device plugged in there is chance of app like Uplay/Teamspeak and similar to grab access to controller before the DS4Tool will. Preventing use of exclusive mode.

Hopefully for 2.0 we will be able to find a better solution, that allows use of controller in shared mode but eliminates dual input but can't give any promises

We should be able to reliably grab exclusive mode if we always run in high priority (one of the first changes I made was to set the current process priority high automatically.) Once we start using the device arrival/disappearance event notifications like Steam/Uplay/FFXIV use, and tune our fastpath, we should be able to win the race every time.
Can someone help me out? I've switched to the final version but it seems to not really work half the time, I've only got it to work twice by randomly trying to use it but that's it. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, followed the instructions and have the xbox drivers installed, same for everything else. Basically whenever I go into a game everything just continues to spin in a circle or something like that.

Edit: Hmmm, seems it won't start when I run the Scpserver anymore. Here's a a couple images, not sure what's going on. Currently running windows 8.1

Edit 2: Got it working again, not exactly sure what was wrong and not sure what the fix was... weird..

Edit 3: Well, it broke again. It's been happening when I play sleeping dogs, not sure why but occasionally something causes sleeping dogs to crash, I'm not sure what the cause is as my hardware is definitely up for the job. But anyways, after it crashes it also causes scpserver to not work anymore either. Restarting scp doesn't seem to fix it either, anyone know what's up with this and how to solve it?
I bought a DS4 for Dark Souls.

Thank you very much, your DS4 To XInput Wrapper works perfectly for games such as Rogue Legacy.

However, with Dark Souls, it doesn't work properly. I use 'Hide DS4 Controller'. R1 and R2 are the attack buttons. They work initially but maybe after I press the L1 button, R1 and R2 stop working. I need more testing to verify this however. All the other ones are still fine but sometimes pressing them causes me to do the R2 attack.

Connection type: USB
Windows Version: 7 64 bit
DS4 Tool Version: DS4Tool_1.1_Final
Hide DS4 Controller is enabled

I would appreciate any kind of help, thank you very much.
(01-30-2014, 06:08 PM)nukunoko Wrote: [ -> ]I bought a DS4 for Dark Souls.

Thank you very much, your DS4 To XInput Wrapper works perfectly for games such as Rogue Legacy.

However, with Dark Souls, it doesn't work properly. I use 'Hide DS4 Controller'. R1 and R2 are the attack buttons. They work initially but maybe after I press the L1 button, R1 and R2 stop working. I need more testing to verify this however. All the other ones are still fine but sometimes pressing them causes me to do the R2 attack.

Connection type: USB
Windows Version: 7 64 bit
DS4 Tool Version: DS4Tool_1.1_Final
Hide DS4 Controller is enabled

I would appreciate any kind of help, thank you very much.

Sounds like you have touchpad mode enabled. L1+R1 act as left/right mouse buttons when in that mode