..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just to point it out now: the GUI is targetting .NET 4.5.1, so no WinXP at the moment.
I will try to revert it to .NET 4.0, it should be an issue free change, actually i'm not using any of the new and shiny features, BUT there is some chance that the GUI will not work in the far future.
(01-31-2014, 09:18 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for bringing to our attention the fact that 1.2.1 wasn't working on XP. It's now fixed in 1.3. It actually might have affected all 32bit OS systems

That would explain why someone said their windows 7 or 8 was having that same issue. They were probably running 32-bit. I keep forgetting there are people who own gaming PCs with 4GB or less RAM...LOL!
Native Toshiba Bluetooth support would make things simple. But here's a solution (on Windows 7, at least) to make your Toshiba play nice with the DS4 right now.

1) Computer > System Properties > Device Manager
2) Expand the Bluetooth section. There could be as many as four Bluetooth devices listed here, but you'll want the Bluetooth Module or the one similarly named.
3) Right-click > Update Driver Software
4) Browse my computer for driver software
5) Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
6) You should see Generic Bluetooth Adapter in the Model list, which is the Windows standard driver. Choose it and click Next.
7) Wait for Windows to do its thing. You'll probably be prompted to restart your computer.
7.5) Go get your beverage of choice.
8) Your Bluetooth hardware is now being driven by the generic Windows driver instead of the Toshiba driver. Use DS4Tool as usual. Play games.

If for any reason you want to reverse this process, simply follow the steps again, this time choosing Generic Bluetooth Adapter in Device Manager, and when you reach the Model list, choose the Toshiba driver instead.

I haven't tested this on any other Toshiba Windows configuration, but I would be astounded if this change didn't work for anyone experiencing Toshiba-related issues.
(02-01-2014, 05:05 AM)Nobulus Wrote: [ -> ]Native Toshiba Bluetooth support would make things simple. But here's a solution (on Windows 7, at least) to make your Toshiba play nice with the DS4 right now.

1) Computer > System Properties > Device Manager
2) Expand the Bluetooth section. There could be as many as four Bluetooth devices listed here, but you'll want the Bluetooth Module or the one similarly named.
3) Right-click > Update Driver Software
4) Browse my computer for driver software
5) Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
6) You should see Generic Bluetooth Adapter in the Model list, which is the Windows standard driver. Choose it and click Next.
7) Wait for Windows to do its thing. You'll probably be prompted to restart your computer.
7.5) Go get your beverage of choice.
8) Your Bluetooth hardware is now being driven by the generic Windows driver instead of the Toshiba driver. Use DS4Tool as usual. Play games.

If for any reason you want to reverse this process, simply follow the steps again, this time choosing Generic Bluetooth Adapter in Device Manager, and when you reach the Model list, choose the Toshiba driver instead.

I haven't tested this on any other Toshiba Windows configuration, but I would be astounded if this change didn't work for anyone experiencing Toshiba-related issues.

Great news! We can at the very least add a simple warning when a Toshiba adapter is found to be using that driver, I should assume.
Hello, please move this if this is not the place to put possible bugs.
I just started using the program and ever since it has been installed that game that i do play (an MMO) has started to get sluggish.

Now i know it is the program because i closed the program while the game was running and it returned to normal. Later i kept playing with the program in the background and eventually, 1hr into the game, the game crashed, computer became unresponsive and then i had to hard restart. When the Windows load screen came up, it stated that a recent program instal has caused windows to stop working, blah blah blah... Once i hard booted my computer, it started to run fine and i could get into the forum to see if anyone else had this problem.

Please see my computer specs below

AMD FX 6300
AMD Radeon Gigabyte 7950
Win 7 ultimate (64bit)
Gigabyte 990FX UD5 Mobo
8gbs of AMD Entertainment edition RAM
750 PSU
USB DS4 connection

I have looked at other causes, but i am at a loss seeing this is the only program that i have added to my computer for about months now.

Please let me know if there are anything i can do to resolve this issue or if this is an issue being worked on.

Thanks Guys, btw, i do love the program as i love the DS4.
Could Anyone help me? I believe I have a problem.

Whenever I play with the controller and use the touch pad, after a certain amount of time the controller freezes for a couple of seconds, and it completely destroys my game play, is there any way to fix this?

It happened with beta 3,2 and the lag was only minimal when I was using beta 1.1, where it was only once every several tens of thousands of movements when the controller would freeze. and the icing on the cake is there is no rumble, whatsoever (it worked for a while)
I am using windows vista. generic USB

Even when I do not use the touchpad the controller still freezes on me and does funky movements very now and then
Thanks
This is the final release of my 1.2 branch, completing the basic feature set that I wanted to achieve to merge into 1.3. I did not merge any of the bug fixes InhexSTER has made in the past few days. The next big release should be 1.3 now, but I would also expect to see another 1.1.x release or two as InhexSTER and I implement bug fixes.

*Changes in 1.2.2*
Add configuration to the Options page for the empty battery
LED color value.

Add "Arthritis mode", letting you change the effective center-point
of your triggers.

Add "FFXIV touchpad mode" so that the touchpad is not so terribly
inconvenient. You can press L1+R3 in-game to turn on "mouse mode"
when playing Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. This lets you use
L2 (and the X button) to trigger a ground-targeted AOE, something
that is otherwise hard to do sometimes using pure controller mode.
FFXIV touchpad mode, accessible like the others by touching the pad
and hitting the PS button, disables any virtual mouse clicks by the
touchpad. The only button press event this mode provides is pushing
down on the touchpad until it clicks, translating to hitting the
tedious L1+R3 combination. None of the normal controller buttons
are affected.
The UI additions are definitely beautiful; not having to go into the config file is fantastic. USB mode is pretty broken now, though, and the program freezes just by trying to close it. I can't get just one controller to show up in USB mode; it does that double thing, and since it freezes so much, it's not really possible to change any settings. I'll have to wait on 1.3.

EDIT: I just restarted my computer, and it's not doing the freezing thing anymore, so, yeah.

The rumble and custom LED colors still aren't working in USB mode. I know you said you wanted to work on the wireless aspect, but will 1.3 provide any USB improvements as well? If not, I still keep 1.2b handy.
Yes, 1.3 has the explicit goal to make either BT and USB work the same and correctly do hot-plugging. We are merging features from 1.2 into 1.1 to become 1.3. Thank you for going out of your way to test each version.
Dude, thank YOU for going out of your way to make all this happen. The DS4 is my favorite controller ever, and if I don't have any programming knowledge, the least I can do is test every version of this program that I can if my feedback helps in any way at all. I look forward to doing it.