..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for making this great tool, would it be too much trouble to ask for added Dualshock 3 support for this ? As I have a mixture of DS4 and DS3 controllers that I would like to use on my PC, using multiple programs at once doesn't seem to work as they conflict with each other.
(02-01-2014, 04:37 PM)TheRealDealReece Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for making this great tool, would it be too much trouble to ask for added Dualshock 3 support for this ? As I have a mixture of DS4 and DS3 controllers that I would like to use on my PC, using multiple programs at once doesn't seem to work as they conflict with each other.

As said before, it's not possible.

DS3 it's not directly compatible with the PC and so it need a special driver.

You should try the DS3 To Xinput Wrapper of Scarlet.Crush (this software is based on his work btw) that his compatible with bot DS3 and DS4
(02-01-2014, 06:00 AM)TheRedBaron91 Wrote: [ -> ]Could Anyone help me? I believe I have a problem.

Whenever I play with the controller and use the touch pad, after a certain amount of time the controller freezes for a couple of seconds, and it completely destroys my game play, is there any way to fix this?

It happened with beta 3,2 and the lag was only minimal when I was using beta 1.1, where it was only once every several tens of thousands of movements when the controller would freeze. and the icing on the cake is there is no rumble, whatsoever (it worked for a while)
I am using windows vista. generic USB

Even when I do not use the touchpad the controller still freezes on me and does funky movements very now and then
Thanks

Man, I have bad news for you. I described same trouble on page 71 (http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XI...#pid341718) and got no help. After 50 pages of discussions and few new versions the tool still has freezes. And I have to use old version (beta 1.1) where lags are minimal.

InhexSTER, electrobrains or somebody else PLEASE fix this bug in the new version. If you need donation or any support I'm ready to do it. But I'm too incompetent in programming to fix the bug myself.
Here we are, this is the first version of the DS4Tool GUI.
It's "feature complete" in the way that every function not connected directly to the wrapper it's already in place and mostly working, the one tied to the wrapper are simulated with a button in the toolbar (+C: add a controller, -C: remove a controller, +M: add a message log).

I want to be clear that the application at the moment it's just to test UI behaviour, the User Data and the About Window aren't activated.

Feel free to post any suggestion, request, advice or death threat.

.NET 4.5.1 required.
very good job and very good interface although I personally do not like the metro style.
Hi, I just would to thank you so much!
I'm was waiting for the sony drivers but nothing.
And I found ds4 tool, it works perfectly! no troubleshooting, I just tried with wrc4.

Rumble, touchpad/mouse, battery indicator led or no led to save battery!
I have not the ps4 yet, but it seems it's much better than the ps4! (they can't swith off the led etc...)
(full gta5 ready now) (maybe for march I hope)

So you made a great job! Thanks!!!
(02-01-2014, 05:47 PM)veviru Wrote: [ -> ]Man, I have bad news for you. I described same trouble on page 71 (http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XI...#pid341718) and got no help. After 50 pages of discussions and few new versions the tool still has freezes. And I have to use old version (beta 1.1) where lags are minimal.

InhexSTER, electrobrains or somebody else PLEASE fix this bug in the new version. If you need donation or any support I'm ready to do it. But I'm too incompetent in programming to fix the bug myself.

Yes we _absolutely_ need donation of specific hardware when the issue is only happening with specific hardware that we don't already have access to. I don't have money in my wallet for buying more computer hardware soon. I guess my one or two requests for donation hardware got lost in the 50 pages since then.
(02-01-2014, 05:58 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: [ -> ]Here we are, this is the first version of the DS4Tool GUI.
It's "feature complete" in the way that every function not connected directly to the wrapper it's already in place and mostly working, the one tied to the wrapper are simulated with a button in the toolbar (+C: add a controller, -C: remove a controller, +M: add a message log).

I want to be clear that the application at the moment it's just to test UI behaviour, the User Data and the About Window aren't activated.

Feel free to post any suggestion, request, advice or death threat.

.NET 4.5.1 required.
Wow, this looks great. From discussions with InhexSTER yesterday, I want 2.0 to be a little bit more intricate: you have a number of different DS4 devices (electrobrain's DS4, Donbabbeo's DS4, InhexSTER's DS4) which each have some associated preferences: custom mapping (like the arthritis mode I just added), LED configuration, etc. Then you have up to 4 virtual DS4 Xinput devices with the other remaining half of the configuration.

We multiplex a number of DS4 devices into the individual virtual DS4 devices. So we need to configure preferences where virtual DS4's get associated with (certain axes of) real DS4's, and we should also allow for a DS4 being hooked up with both BT and USB simultaneously and "just handle it". The GUI would have to let you individually disconnect each end, BT and USB, if both are in use.

One use I have in mind of ganging multiple DS4 devices is using the motion controls in conjunction, using two DS4 controllers at once, one in each hand, and mapping that to thumb-stick axes, etc., of a single Xinput device. The more common case would just be motion controls from a single controller mapped to one Xinput device, but I'm pretty convinced on this direction of allowing fully arbitrary mapping of controls, including muxing and demuxing at different layers.

Additionally, the output side will have 1-4 Xinput devices, that we already know. But I will be adding support for REAL virtual input devices, rather than the synthetic events system that is very limiting. So we need one or more devices represented other than just the Xinput devices, that will act as keyboards/mice/touchpads/tablets.
(02-01-2014, 07:17 PM)TrotiRider Wrote: [ -> ]Rumble, touchpad/mouse, battery indicator led or no led to save battery!
I have not the ps4 yet, but it seems it's much better than the ps4! (they can't swith off the led etc...)
(full gta5 ready now) (maybe for march I hope)

So you made a great job! Thanks!!!

Oh I just realized how we should treat the LED by default: just blink the indication color periodically instead of having it "solid" on. Have the blinking increase in urgency as battery runs down!
(02-01-2014, 09:19 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, this looks great. From discussions with InhexSTER yesterday, I want 2.0 to be a little bit more intricate: you have a number of different DS4 devices (electrobrain's DS4, Donbabbeo's DS4, InhexSTER's DS4) which each have some associated preferences: custom mapping (like the arthritis mode I just added), LED configuration, etc. Then you have up to 4 virtual DS4 Xinput devices with the other remaining half of the configuration.

We multiplex a number of DS4 devices into the individual virtual DS4 devices. So we need to configure preferences where virtual DS4's get associated with (certain axes of) real DS4's, and we should also allow for a DS4 being hooked up with both BT and USB simultaneously and "just handle it". The GUI would have to let you individually disconnect each end, BT and USB, if both are in use.

One use I have in mind of ganging multiple DS4 devices is using the motion controls in conjunction, using two DS4 controllers at once, one in each hand, and mapping that to thumb-stick axes, etc., of a single Xinput device. The more common case would just be motion controls from a single controller mapped to one Xinput device, but I'm pretty convinced on this direction of allowing fully arbitrary mapping of controls, including muxing and demuxing at different layers.

Additionally, the output side will have 1-4 Xinput devices, that we already know. But I will be adding support for REAL virtual input devices, rather than the synthetic events system that is very limiting. So we need one or more devices represented other than just the Xinput devices, that will act as keyboards/mice/touchpads/tablets.

Hey electro, can you confirm that people with windows 7 32bit can't run your tool?