..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just made a video about this tool! Laugh

http://youtu.be/pAeNqMcr8aQ

Thanks so much for everything InhexSTER! This really is the best way to use the DS4 for PC! Laugh
i'm having a little problem on my end the problem is that it double click on the analogsticks and D.pad anyone who knows how i can fix this ?
Sony just announced a Bluetooth Headset for the PS4. Think this could be using the same protocol as the controller and be helpful for reverse engineering this function?

link: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/02/0...-detailed/
(02-03-2014, 08:20 PM)headegg Wrote: [ -> ]Sony just announced a Bluetooth Headset for the PS4. Think this could be using the same protocol as the controller and be helpful for reverse engineering this function?

link: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/02/0...-detailed/

It's wireless via a usb wireless receiver, as in it's not bluetooth.
Looking for help:

Environment:
Connection type: USB
Windows Version: 7 (Professional)
DS4 Tool Version: 1.1 Final
Are you using Exclusive vs Shared mode ( is Hide DS4 Controller checkbox enabled): I've tried both

It seems every ~30 seconds my controls remain frozen for ~5 seconds.

So if my character was moving forward, and I stop, my character will continue to move forward until it feels like stopping. This extends to any buttons, but it's very annoying making some games unplayable Sad

Any solutions or things I could try?
Updated GUI to the 0.0.2.0 version, first draft of the translation environment.
Actually i only made tabs header dynamic, so just 3 rows of file.
In the next days i will integrate language selector (actually is static, there should be a default.xml file in the same directory of the executable) with author mention and version checking (a warning if you are using a language file with a different version than the application).

Bad news for XP afficionados: the version of the style library that i'm using for metroing the interface (FYI is MahApps) require 4.5, if i remember correctly there should be a 4.0 version, so i will revert to it in a future release.

Same disclaimer as before, the app is just for testing UI behaviour and isn't functional.

@InhexSTER & electrobrains
(02-02-2014, 04:57 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: [ -> ]USB/Bluetooth recognition it's already planned, it will be showed via an USB cord or/and a bluetooth symbol near the controller image.

I will think how to represent in a simple and elegant way all of those info, i probably represent the virtual input with miniatures of mouse/KB/touchpad etc in the right area of the controller, any suggestions for xinput virtual device?

I have in mind something like this:
[Image: u3lE4pxl.jpg]

It's right? What should be different?
(02-03-2014, 10:07 PM)Demasterpl Wrote: [ -> ]Looking for help:
It seems every ~30 seconds my controls remain frozen for ~5 seconds.

So if my character was moving forward, and I stop, my character will continue to move forward until it feels like stopping. This extends to any buttons, but it's very annoying making some games unplayable Sad

Any solutions or things I could try?

I have the similar problem with 1.1 Final in Dishonored and Bioshock Infinite. I think the reason is rumble. It creates some kind of input lag.

Connection type: BT
Windows Version: 7 Ultimate x64
DS4 Tool Version: 1.1 Final
Are you using Exclusive vs Shared mode: Both

1.1 Beta3 seems works fine.

@Donbabbeo, Nice GUI, I hope it'll be implemented soon. I can help translate it in Russian.
(02-03-2014, 11:00 PM)xammer23 Wrote: [ -> ]1.1 Beta3 seems works fine.

I actually tried Beta3 first, and 1.1 Final didn't seem to make a difference
Great GUI Donbabbeo, thank for languages support,

1/ Could you add antialiasing on your DS4 icons (too pixelised)?

2/ Could you add option for magnetics border and add a possibility to minimize in systray (small ds4 white icon as windows 8 default systray icons) ?

As it was already present DS4Tool default application in Windows 8 (Perfect Windows 8 integration)

Maybe a possibility to hide automaticaly DS4Tool, when it is drag on right/left border (windows 8 capability). And click on a very small arrow to view temporaly DS4Tool.

I don't like slides to choose GUI Colors, not very easy.

Thanks for your works, you are a king !

These are only recommendations and not orders Tongue
(02-04-2014, 12:01 AM)DirtyShady Wrote: [ -> ]Great GUI Donbabbeo, thank for languages support,

1/ Could you add antialiasing on your DS4 icons ?

2/ Could you add option for magnetics border and add a possibility to minimize in systray (small ds4 white icon as windows 8 default systray icons) ?

1- already in todo list. Not a priority at the moment, i want to complete all the code first

2- magnetic border: hadn't thought about that, i will investigate in the future.

2 bis- systray already planned, probably i will do it after the translation manager will be completed.

Glad you like it Laugh

(02-04-2014, 12:01 AM)DirtyShady Wrote: [ -> ]As it was already present DS4Tool default application in Windows 8 (Perfect Windows 8 integration)

I'm not sure that i understand what are you suggesting Huh

(02-04-2014, 12:01 AM)DirtyShady Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe a possibility to hide automaticaly DS4Tool, when it is drag on right/left border. And click on a very small arrow to view temporaly DS4Tool.

I was planning to reduce to systray on exit button.

(02-04-2014, 12:01 AM)DirtyShady Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like slides to choose GUI Colors, not very easy.

Color picker like this is better?
[Image: colorpicker.jpg]
As usually not a priority but i will investigate on it considering you are not the first asking for it.