..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-06-2014, 04:03 AM)eyencee Wrote: [ -> ]we need a frequently asked question section and most popular fixes its a drag going trough and seeing the same questions asked time and time again even tho the are already resolved because there is no section

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe also a list of Bluetooth adapters that have been confirmed to work with the DS4.
Just want to say thank you, InhexSTER for creating this driver for the pc. I got it working, almost, and have a couple of questions which probably been answered before but I can't find it.

1. How do you turn off the controller?

2. How can I setup the ScpServer to run at startup instead of manually opening up the program?
(02-06-2014, 05:02 AM)Amagon Wrote: [ -> ]Just want to say thank you, InhexSTER for creating this driver for the pc. I got it working, almost, and have a couple of questions which probably been answered before but I can't find it.

1. How do you turn off the controller?

2. How can I setup the ScpServer to run at startup instead of manually opening up the program?

1. Hold the PS button for 10 seconds. Be sure to stop scpserver before you do this, otherwise it'll trigger Steam's big picture mode after 5 seconds.

2. How to run a program at startup
Thanks
Hi,

I'm trying to link the DS4 to my Dell Venue Pro 8. I'm just trying to get it to link to Project 64 first then to my PC games later.

I've updated the BIOS and all the drivers.

I've updated the Direct x, C++, and down loaded the the xbox 360 controller drivers.

I restarted.

I downloaded the DS4 tool 1.2 and the xinput1_3.dll (does the dll need to be in a different folder?)

I ran the SCP Server and it recognizes my wireless controller.

I connected the DS4 via bluetooth (I didn't use a dongle though, it connected natively just like in the video. Bluetooth settings, made the DS4 discoverable and it recognized the controller and connected it)-- it only shows up as a wireless controller in devices and printers.

I need instructions on how to get the dell venue pro 8 to recognize the DS4 as an xbox controller.

Also, i tried something as simple as Project 64-- it recognizes the controller but will not allow me to configure the controls!!!!

I've been trying for two days and can't get it to run. Please help!
(02-06-2014, 09:50 AM)ElPoep Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm trying to link the DS4 to my Dell Venue Pro 8. I'm just trying to get it to link to Project 64 first then to my PC games later.

I've updated the Direct x, C++, and down loaded the the xbox 360 controller drivers.

I restarted.

I downloaded the DS4 tool 1.2 and the xinput1_3.dll (does the dll need to be in a different folder?)

I connected the DS4 via bluetooth (I didn't use a dongle though, it connected natively just like in the video. Bluetooth settings, made the DS4 discoverable and it recognized the controller and connected it)-- it only shows up as a wireless controller in devices and printers.

I need instructions on how to get the dell venue pro 8 to recognize the DS4 as an xbox controller.

Also, i tried something as simple as Project 64-- it recognizes the controller but will not allow me to configure the controls!!!!

I might be wrong, but it sounds as though you opened the DS4 To XInput Wrapper while the USB was connected and then either set up the Bluetooth while it was still open or turned it off and did not turn it back on. Could you try ensure that the tool is closed (even in the notification area) and then open it again once your controller is connected through Bluetooth as a Wireless Controller in device manager.

Also its possible the native Bluetooth on your Dell suffers similar issues as described in previous posts. I'm also guessing from your saying that USB worked that you installed the SCPDriver in the Virtual Bus Driver folder.
I have a question, if I switch off my DS4 (in BT) by holding PS button, and I switch on, the LED stay white, and If I want to have correct LED color, I need to stop & start DS4 To XInput Wrapper.

It's a know problem ?
(02-06-2014, 11:41 AM)DirtyShady Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question, if I switch off my DS4 (in BT) by holding PS button, and I switch on, the LED stay white, and If I want to have correct LED color, I need to stop & start DS4 To XInput Wrapper.

It's a know problem ?

I don't think this is a problem. If you turn the DS4 off, then the wrapper obviously won't be able to read it, so when you turn it back on, it makes sense that you'd have to restart the wrapper to get it to see the controller again. Simply turning the controller on puts it into Sony's default DInput mode.
Why the ps button and touchpad button don't work with xinput activated?I cannot map them,there are only 12 buttons instead of 14!
(02-06-2014, 02:31 PM)rafael123456 Wrote: [ -> ]Why the ps button and touchpad button don't work with xinput activated?I cannot map them,there are only 12 buttons instead of 14!

Because Xinput is not DirectInput. It supports EXACTLY what the XBox 360 Controller supports. When we have keyboard-mapping in 2.0, you'll be able to set those buttons to keyboard keys and bind them exactly as you see fit.

(02-06-2014, 12:35 PM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think this is a problem. If you turn the DS4 off, then the wrapper obviously won't be able to read it, so when you turn it back on, it makes sense that you'd have to restart the wrapper to get it to see the controller again. Simply turning the controller on puts it into Sony's default DInput mode.

It will get fixed for 1.3. I've been meaning to do that for a while, and it is not difficult.

(02-06-2014, 09:50 AM)ElPoep Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I restarted.

Do NOT use an xinput*.dll file. This is for x360ce, NOT for DS4 Tool.