..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-06-2014, 09:44 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

Have added the settings for the previously mentioned values which I felt were 'nice to haves' on the settings page.

[Image: 14m8knn.png]

While I still believe I should test it more, changing color (by clicking the square above Full or Low, which opens a color picker) now is set on the controller in real time. You can effectively click and move the cursor around the 'colorwheel' (not a wheel) and the controller will use those values. These will be as is while the color picker is open, but after you cancel or select okay any modifications to the color (i.e. use LED as Battery Indicator) will take effect again.

I have not yet implemented the Real-time Changes checkbox (I'm wonder if it should not just be default behaviour) so Set will still need to be clicked to check other settings. I did squeeze in a logging window alternative if you resize the window as small as it goes (shown in image). The application now remembers the last window size since last close.

I've uploaded the new version, if any one wants to take a look. The differences between it and InhexSTER's are not massive.

I like the extra options, although I am having a few issues with your custom version. First, I assume this is built off of the v1.2 from InHexSTER? On your custom build I cannot click with the trackpad. For me, using Bluetooth, it appears to click down on an object, but does not recognize the lift off. Like it is stuck on click & drag. Right-click seems to work though.

My only other complaint though is that the two-finger scrolling is a bit harder to do compared to the regular v1.2. On yours my fingers must be RIGHT next to each other, basically touching. On InHexSTER's version, as long as there are two fingers present the spacing doesn't seem to matter. I think it is a little more natural feeling.

I do love the color wheel option though, makes finding a custom color very easy to find. I'm going with an orange color currently because it is more subtle, and easier on the eyes. Then I Imake it darker - almost barely lit.
Hey HepticSeptic, I tried your new version and it can find my controller now and everything's working great, except that it doesn't register when the touchpad is released, and so when I click it thinks I'm still holding it. Love your modification so far though.

Also custom colors are not saved.
Hey, just signed up to thank the people working on the project, it's coming along great!

Also I have an idea for the PS/home button. Why not make it so it keeps "Alt" pressed for as long as it's held and presses "Tab" every 1 second, that way you can hold the button and release it when windows highlights the app you wanna switch to. Just my 2 cents.
Everybody, I've been thinking about how this thread is so hard to manage, and everybody keeps asking the same questions over and over again.

I created a Steam group for Dualshock 4 users and I invite everybody to join. It will be a much better way to interact without people having to go through hundreds of thread pages. I will be happy to make InhexSTER and other developers admins on the group. It will also be a good way to help more Dualshock 4 users discover this amazing tool.

Here is the link to the Steam group.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DS4users
So I just came back to this thread to discover that this doesn't work for me because of the Toshiba BT stack.

Can anyone recommend a bluetooth dongle that definitely works?
(02-07-2014, 04:05 AM)EvaUnit02 Wrote: [ -> ]So I just came back to this thread to discover that this doesn't work for me because of the Toshiba BT stack.

Can anyone recommend a bluetooth dongle that definitely works?

InhexSTER said this one works well for him:
ASUS USB-BT400

This one is one I personally use that also works well:
Kinivo BTD-400

(02-06-2014, 11:35 PM)ElPoep Wrote: [ -> ]it don't believe the venue pro comes with the drivers but it is a full W 8.1. can i download the W7 32 bit or would you advise against it?

I have the Dell Venue 8 Pro and it worked fine without having to manually go install 360 drivers, so I'm pretty sure it does come with them already.

Also just double checked to see if it still worked fine with InhexSTER's 1.2 and it does.

(02-06-2014, 11:35 PM)ElPoep Wrote: [ -> ]i then check printers and devices and only wireless controller shows up and i try to use Project 64 and it knows i have a wireless controller but will not allow a configuration.

Not really sure what is wrong there since I see the 360 controller AND Wireless Controller on my end.
I'm having an issue where holding down a button registers it as a normal press rather than long press. Anyone else encountering this?
(02-07-2014, 05:27 AM)BravoGangUS Wrote: [ -> ]InhexSTER said this one works well for him:
ASUS USB-BT400

This one is one I personally use that also works well:
Kinivo BTD-400

I have the Dell Venue 8 Pro and it worked fine without having to manually go install 360 drivers, so I'm pretty sure it does come with them already.

Also just double checked to see if it still worked fine with InhexSTER's 1.2 and it does.

Not really sure what is wrong there since I see the 360 controller AND Wireless Controller on my end.
So, are you using a dongle or the native bluetooth?

(02-07-2014, 05:27 AM)BravoGangUS Wrote: [ -> ]I have the Dell Venue 8 Pro and it worked fine without having to manually go install 360 drivers, so I'm pretty sure it does come with them already.

Oh, and did you install the xinput1_3.dll?

I did and wonder if that's part of the problem.
(02-07-2014, 06:12 AM)ElPoep Wrote: [ -> ]So, are you using a dongle or the native bluetooth?

Oh, and did you install the xinput1_3.dll?

I did and wonder if that's part of the problem.

Native bluetooth for Venue 8 Pro. Dongle is for my desktop PC.

Before this tool I did use that dll among a few other things which I just copy and pasted into each game I wanted to use my DS4 with. But I have since removed that from any games I was using it with.
Not sure if just having it would cause your computer to not even show a 360 controller when you look at Devices and Printers. I think it would just cause issues with trying to use your controller in a game.
(02-07-2014, 06:16 AM)BravoGangUS Wrote: [ -> ]Native bluetooth for Venue 8 Pro. Dongle is for my desktop PC.

Before this tool I did use that dll among a few other things which I just copy and pasted into each game I wanted to use my DS4 with. But I have since removed that from any games I was using it with.
Not sure if just having it would cause your computer to not even show a 360 controller when you look at Devices and Printers. I think it would just cause issues with trying to use your controller in a game.

have you tried configuring Project 64?