..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just thought I would chime in for a know-good USB BT adapter. I bought this Kingston Bluetooth adapter off of Amazon for $15.

No issues at all running v1.2 and Heptic's custom build.
(02-09-2014, 06:51 PM)taberu Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Inhexster and everyone else who contributed to this thing, it's great.

I have a problem though. When I updated from 1.1 to 1.2, Dark Souls stopped recognizing the controller input. It still works in the GFWL layer and all other games/Steam Big Picture though.

I tried removing "Wireless Controller" from the Windows devices area and pairing the DS4 again, but still no luck. Reading other forums it seems Dark Souls is very picky about other controllers being connected, as it will only recognize one primary controller, and somehow it's seeing another controller as the primary one instead of the DS4. But I have no other controllers connected and nothing about my setup has changed since Dark Souls was working fine with 1.1 (I tried rolling back to 1.1 but it doesn't work with that now either).

Any advice?

(02-10-2014, 02:48 PM)kittipot1 Wrote: [ -> ]After I updated to 1.2 from 1.1, Dark souls didn't recognize my controller anymore Sad

For Dark Souls to recognize the controller without any issues, turn on "Hide DS4 Controller" in the DS4 To XInput Wrapper UI.
Explanation: Since Dark Souls has issues with multiple controllers, this will ensure only your Wrapper controller is visible (Virtual Xbox Controller) and not the Wireless Controller (Actual DS4)
Hi everyone,

Pleased to announce the release of the latest addition to my custom version for InhexSTER's SCP Server DS4Tool!

This new version features a couple changes, most prominently the Custom Mapping functionality which many have been asking for. For a more comprehensive list of changes, see my personal branch.

Presently, you can remap each of the basic buttons on the Dual Shock 4. That is, the touchpad click will not be customizable at present. However, a click on the top of the touchpad (off the touch-sensitive area) is in the works for customization. Certain 'buttons' have not yet been separated into smaller sections (such as Left Stick up is still Up/Down) so it would make less sense to change them at this stage. Also the sixaxis is going to be added to the customization screen - you can view this on the options screen in the mean time.

[Image: fyplde.png]

Buttons can be remapped to other buttons (swapping, for e.g. Left Stick and Right Stick) or set to any keystroke that your keyboard supports (Including Volume Up etc.).

Real-time changes have also been added to the options screen.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues Smile
(02-11-2014, 07:41 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]Buttons can be remapped to other buttons (swapping, for e.g. Left Stick and Right Stick) or set to any keystroke that your keyboard supports (Including Volume Up etc.).

good work !
Is it possible to assign a trigger specific to each axis?
(02-11-2014, 07:50 PM)Pro_info Wrote: [ -> ]good work !
Is it possible to assign a trigger specific to each axis?

Thanks Smile

I'm not sure whether you mean trigger as in L2/R2 (only 100% and 0% at the moment) or the Left and Right Stick's X and Y axis (there's one per axis, later will make it per general direction).
Any chance of getting the custom button mapping to trigger keyboard letters?
Awesome job HecticSeptic, i haven't had a chance to test it out much, but i like the GUI. One small issiue, looks like it crashes if there is no config file. I know it comes with it, but little check at the start of options wouldn't hurt. Hmm, options menu crashes frequently when you open it
(02-11-2014, 08:55 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome job HecticSeptic, i haven't had a chance to test it out much, but i like the GUI. One small issiue, looks like it crashes if there is no config file. I know it comes with it, but little check at the start of options wouldn't hurt. Hmm, options menu crashes frequently when you open it

That's quite strange that it crashes without a config. I can run it in my environment with only the ScpServer.exe, ScpControl.dll and HidDevice.dll so maybe its environment specific. Could you let me know what error details are shown from the crash (if any)?

I've thrown in a quick rebuild for those Options errors, will need to add in some locks to account for the cross thread interaction during the close event.
(02-11-2014, 08:52 PM)mwhite5471 Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance of getting the custom button mapping to trigger keyboard letters?

To assign a keyboard key to one of the DS4 buttons:

In the custom mapping window, select the drop down list for the button you want to assign it to. You can click the drop down list to select it or you can press TAB until it is highlighted. You will also see a glow on the button in the picture. In future you will be able to click the picture's buttons to select the drop down list.

Once you have selected the drop down list, press the key you want on your keyboard. The text in the drop down list's selected item should now describe the key you pressed.

If you want to assign keys like DEL or TAB, first press the delete key once to clear the text (or right click and select delete) and then press DEL or TAB. If you want to reset everything to default, you can simply delete the Custom Mapping Settings file.

Edit: I should probably mention that if you do not save the custom mapping then it will not be activated. Once you save it, it will load by default (so to turn it off either delete the file, rename it, or manually set the buttons back to their defaults).
Do you think it's possible to add possibility to switch off ds4 from Gui ? without holding PS button ?