..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-12-2014, 12:28 AM)Donbabbeo Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the delay Laugh

A new version 0.0.4.0 GUI is now available!

Mostly i worked in refactoring and polishing stuff, separating most of the code in different library, so no great change in the software.

A lot of communication inside the application is now by means of Messenger Pattern (MVVM Foundation docet), that vastly improve a SOLID principle.

As a new "feature" (if we can say so) you can see now that the username and the user image should be correct, the image of the controller is now without aliasing and i corrected all the language typos.
(Most of the menus are now empty, i did it by purpose).
Adding a new controller is possible by pressing ABOUT.

This is only a first step in the direction i want this app to go, in the next few days i hope to almost complete the application layer, so i can create a testing service to communicate with and see effectively how the app will work.

Enjoy and refer any bug Laugh

Doesn't start for me.
Hi InhexSter. Thanks for the tool! worked great for a while with Dark souls, but I started having issues when I updated to 1.2
Wired USB
Windows 7 Home
DS4 tool 1.1 Beta 2 Update 1, DS4Tool 1.2
Hide DS4 box unchecked

I've only ever been able to get Version 1.1 Beta 2 update 1 to work with Dark souls. Any version afterword can be downloaded, and will work with other games, but will not respond for Dark souls. I Downloaded version 1.2, ran it, but it did not work. Having the “hide DS4 Controller” box did not seem to affect much. The camera would spin endlessly, and all of the buttons and stick had been rearranged (x is now back, O is now A, etc.) The real problem is that now when I run the older version (beta 2 update 1) the controller is no longer recognized. I have tried reinstalling the drivers and updating the Xbox controller driver, but nothing worked.
Is Dark souls super picky or am I missing something?
Thanks
(02-12-2014, 09:01 AM)Gajuno Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I thought I had typed it in. My Alienware says it has a Dell Wireless 375 Bluetooth Module in it, manufactured by Broadcom.

You might have Broadcom's WIDCOMM stack installed, which could be causing problems. Try completely uninstalling and removing your bluetooth device in Device Manager, reboot, then let Windows Update take care of the drivers and software. If the DS4 can pair then you've found the culprit.
(02-12-2014, 10:32 AM)Catfish999 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi InhexSter. Thanks for the tool! worked great for a while with Dark souls, but I started having issues when I updated to 1.2
Wired USB
Windows 7 Home
DS4 tool 1.1 Beta 2 Update 1, DS4Tool 1.2
Hide DS4 box unchecked

I've only ever been able to get Version 1.1 Beta 2 update 1 to work with Dark souls. Any version afterword can be downloaded, and will work with other games, but will not respond for Dark souls. I Downloaded version 1.2, ran it, but it did not work. Having the “hide DS4 Controller” box did not seem to affect much. The camera would spin endlessly, and all of the buttons and stick had been rearranged (x is now back, O is now A, etc.) The real problem is that now when I run the older version (beta 2 update 1) the controller is no longer recognized. I have tried reinstalling the drivers and updating the Xbox controller driver, but nothing worked.
Is Dark souls super picky or am I missing something?
Thanks

Wow, can you people please start reading the thread? Maybe at the very least search for "Dark Souls" before you post the exact same thing people are posting five times a day? You're getting something FOR FREE, and you won't do us the respect of trying not to waste our time. You saying "did not seem to affect much" helps not even the slightest, because we can't know what it means, it might even be a complete lie, it's useless language. If you were to want to help you would post DETAILED description of what changes were present, or you would say "did not affect things."

Personally, I have less than no interest in ever installing Dark Souls or any other game people are having trouble with, because it is up to the game manufacturers to stop putting out stupid buggy games. Have you ever considered that you should complain to them, not us, that it's impossible to select a controller on the system? "Sorry" for the rant but the entire last 20 pages are pretty much just people trying to run "Dark Souls" and it just isn't our fault that some games out there are programmed by idiots.
Guys, I had big problem to connect my DS4 via Bluetooth. I triad 3 dongles, original soft, bluesoil soft, Broadcom's WIDCOMM any many others and DS4 didnt want to pair with them. But it was on Windows 7 64, so i thought changing windows will help. On windows 8.1 everything is working just awesome ! If you have problems, just change system.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORK GUYS !

(02-12-2014, 09:24 AM)DirtyShady Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't start for me.

+1
(02-12-2014, 01:14 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]@HecticSeptic Fantastic job. Have you considered adding more mouse actions than just click ie right/middle/mouse wheel?

EDIT: tried using the tool on starbound, I noticed all the keys when press remain on, ie I assign the A key to left d pad, once I let go the A key is still "pressed down." I have to touch the A key on my actual keyboard for it to release.
(02-12-2014, 12:36 AM)Aleksandr Wrote: [ -> ]@HecticSeptic Great work! Any chance you could add in an option to use the PS button as a modifier, that could then be used for custom mappings such as PS (hold) + Square? I know it's complicated and would require some GUI work but it'd be super useful!

EDIT: Oh, weird. So it works fine in Windows, but using it in Skyrim lost the PS button remap. Seems to have remapped to a 'None' key? It spammed the Steam Screenshot feature, like it was a stuck hotkey, when I had that hotkey set to 'None' in Steam. Is remapping meant to work in combination with XInput mode?

Hi guys, seems the way keys are handled don't quite emulate the keyboard just right yet. I will need to experiment on a few games, but this appears to be the case at the moment: When a mapped key is pressed this does a key down event for windows, however releasing it does not trigger a key up event (usually it doesn't need to).

Would have to see how easily I can perform the right key up events without taking up unnecessary memory or adding any latency - if I cannot, I suppose I could add an option, either per control or per controller, whether it should trigger on both the start and end of a press or only on the start.

Will see if I can take a look tonight still.
(02-12-2014, 06:48 PM)Jellenio Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, I had big problem to connect my DS4 via Bluetooth. I triad 3 dongles, original soft, bluesoil soft, Broadcom's WIDCOMM any many others and DS4 didnt want to pair with them. But it was on Windows 7 64, so i thought changing windows will help. On windows 8.1 everything is working just awesome ! If you have problems, just change system.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORK GUYS !

+1

I use my Broadcomm 2046 on Windows 7 x64 just fine. But it can be picky during the initial pairing. What I found immediately cured the problem was unplug the adapter, put it in a different USB slot, then either leave it in that one or put it back in it's original. This seemed to fix the pairing every time.
(02-12-2014, 09:24 AM)DirtyShady Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't start for me.

DS4Tool goes under Users/[CURRENT_USER]/AppData/Roaming.

Next thing to do is autocreate the directory, too much confusion.
(02-12-2014, 07:45 PM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]I use my Broadcomm 2046 on Windows 7 x64 just fine. But it can be picky during the initial pairing. What I found immediately cured the problem was unplug the adapter, put it in a different USB slot, then either leave it in that one or put it back in it's original. This seemed to fix the pairing every time.

I was trying 2 days to connect them ! I bought 2(2.1 erd, 4.0) another dongles, nothing. They was trying to connect, but all time failed when pairing. Changed system to Windows 8.1 and all is good now.
(02-12-2014, 11:00 AM)Aleksandr Wrote: [ -> ]You might have Broadcom's WIDCOMM stack installed, which could be causing problems. Try completely uninstalling and removing your bluetooth device in Device Manager, reboot, then let Windows Update take care of the drivers and software. If the DS4 can pair then you've found the culprit.

By Bluetooth Device, do you mean the PS4 controller or the actual Bluetooth Module?