..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HELPPPPPPPP BLUETOOTH IS MESSED UP!

I've read through 20~30 pages of this forum and can't find my problem.

I have Win7 64bit ultimate.
DS4Tool 1.2

USB works PERFECTLY! first time, in less than few minutes, Bam! EVERYTHING works! Played couple of games... ALL GOOD.

Then bluetooth. - it's v4.0 + EDR CSR8510 Chipset.
- installed with native windows driver. wouldn't stay connected. tried install, uninstall, tried in 4 different usb plugs...would sync, but WOULDN'T work. Under "Device and Printers" the wireless controller icon would be greyed out. only when I press the playstation button on the controller, the icon would light up, then a half minute later, greyed out again. in ScpServer, keeps saying no controller found.

- So, I installed the manufacturer's bluetooth driver. BAM! CONNECTED, and stay connected, and WORKS! Sort of...

- would show up in ScpServer. but under options, the settings don't do anything. can't change LED, trackpad, rumble...nothing.

- Under Device and Printers, Xbox360 icon popped up, and in properties, when I TEST the buttons, this happens:

L2 pushes buttons 5,6,7,8,9,10 all at the SAME time.
R2 pops open Xbox360 HELP MENU.
L1 nothing.
R1 nothing.
Left analog, nothing.
Right analog moves the "Axes"
When I push the regular buttons, triangle, sqaure ect. only the "X Rotation" responds?

When I launched Octodad, using bluetooth, I can't move or select anything, b/c it seems like the controller is pusing "UP" Constantly.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(02-18-2014, 02:12 PM)Octodaddy Wrote: [ -> ]HELPPPPPPPP BLUETOOTH IS MESSED UP!

DS4Tool 1.2

USB works PERFECTLY! first time, in less than few minutes, Bam! EVERYTHING works! Played couple of games... ALL GOOD.

- installed with native windows driver. wouldn't stay connected. tried install, uninstall, tried in 4 different usb plugs...would sync, but WOULDN'T work. Under "Device and Printers" the wireless controller icon would be greyed out. only when I press the playstation button on the controller, the icon would light up, then a half minute later, greyed out again. in ScpServer, keeps saying no controller found.

- So, I installed the manufacturer's bluetooth driver. BAM! CONNECTED, and stay connected, and WORKS! Sort of...

- would show up in ScpServer. but under options, the settings don't do anything. can't change LED, trackpad, rumble...nothing.

- Under Device and Printers, Xbox360 icon popped up, and in properties, when I TEST the buttons, this happens:

L1 nothing.
R1 nothing.
Left analog, nothing.
When I push the regular buttons, triangle, sqaure ect. only the "X Rotation" responds?

When I launched Octodad, using bluetooth, I can't move or select anything, b/c it seems like the controller is pusing "UP" Constantly.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like you are using a Bluettoth stack that is not currently supported. Only Microsoft Stack based drivers are working right now
(02-18-2014, 02:12 PM)Octodaddy Wrote: [ -> ]HELPPPPPPPP BLUETOOTH IS MESSED UP!

DS4Tool 1.2

L1 nothing.
R1 nothing.
Left analog, nothing.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a similar problem where bluetooth would connect for a second and then disconnect. I had to uninstall all the bluetooth stuff from the device manager and let it reinstall itself for the device to stay connected.
I have had random Bluetooth issues myself. At one point the controller was recognised with the name "ยต" and did not register any input - had to reinstall drivers for it to once again read "Wireless Controller". I also haven't been able to pair the DS4 via BT for the last couple days (and so haven't been fixing the BT hot plugging).

Its related to the BT stack and the physical controller itself and not to the wrapper (which doesn't in any way affect BT or the DS4 driver other than 'hiding' it when requesting exclusive access). I am using an outdated BT dongle, but it worked for a time anyway.

What might give you some luck is resetting the controller to factory settings. You can do this by pressing a paperclip into the hole on the back beside the right screw for around 10 seconds.

Edit: Have had some luck doing as this person did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7DUV4T8744
I am going to release the version 1.2.1 soon that has all things HepticSeptic added, and I will try to get rid of BT unplug issue. I will try to see if there is any improvements can be made/bugs
I will also add another checkbox for "Flush input buffer after a read" so maybe it will improve the performance further over weak BT connections. Currently its always flushed and works well for me, but it can cause some input reports to be lost when flushing after each read.
(02-18-2014, 07:47 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]I am going to release the version 1.2.1 soon that has all things HepticSeptic added, and I will try to get rid of BT unplug issue. I will try to see if there is any improvements can be made/bugs
I will also add another checkbox for "Flush input buffer after a read" so maybe it will improve the performance further over weak BT connections. Currently its always flushed and works well for me, but it can cause some input reports to be lost when flushing after each read.

I just got my BT working again so will be looking into graceful BT unplug / plug-in as well.
(02-18-2014, 08:02 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]I just got my BT working again so will be looking into graceful BT unplug / plug-in as well.

I have a solution, but I think windows will still "think" its connected, but a tool will time out on the read and remove the controller from the list. Its really windows fault not reacting to disconnect, on Mac OS works just fine + they have disconnect button built in into OS for every device. Also, one thing you shouldn't be doing and also is not working at the moment is mac address retrieval, the method I use only works over USB.
I will be also testing 2 controllers setup as i haven't done so on your custom version to make sure each works still individually.
Hi,
i have a bit of a Problem. I dont have a bluetoothadapter yet, so im using usb. My OS is Win 7 64bit.
It works totally fine with Version 1.1, but it says in the readme that it doesnt Support rumble with Bluetooth.
Cause i want to buy a Adapter, i downloaded 1.2.
But there, rumble does not work (on USB).
Will it work with Bluetooth?

+is there a recommendet Adapter, cause i read that there is a Problem with some of them.

thx
(02-18-2014, 08:06 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]I have a solution, but I think windows will still "think" its connected, but a tool will time out on the read and remove the controller from the list. Its really windows fault not reacting to disconnect, on Mac OS works just fine + they have disconnect button built in into OS for every device. Also, one thing you shouldn't be doing and also is not working at the moment is mac address retrieval, the method I use only works over USB.
I will be also testing 2 controllers setup as i haven't done so on your custom version to make sure each works still individually.

Yes I noticed MAC was not working for BT (its why my initial hot plug didn't work for BT) I also found that the WndProc messages for detecting device changes were not only inconsistent, but also delayed - so I have stopped relying on them. Instead I am currently working on a much more consistent and efficient method.

So far instead of waiting for the ReadFile to timeout/lockup (hideous thing, that) I make use of the tmrUpdate_Tick (since its already there) to check in with it. Conveniently the ReadFile will either have 0 bytes read or uint.MaxValue bytes read as soon as it locks up. When this is found the CancelIOEx (very handy) is used and the ReadFile stops its attempt. The idea is to let this happen a few times before disconnecting the controller. It disconnects quite well at the moment for BT.

For reactivating or plugging in new controllers I have a method which compares the previous count reported by the EnumerateDevices function to the current count and if this differs from the current index of null in the DS4Devices array (and is not 4) then attempt to add the device.
(02-18-2014, 09:09 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I noticed MAC was not working for BT (its why my initial hot plug didn't work for BT) I also found that the WndProc messages for detecting device changes were not only inconsistent, but also delayed - so I have stopped relying on them. Instead I am currently working on a much more consistent and efficient method.

So far instead of waiting for the ReadFile to timeout/lockup (hideous thing, that) I make use of the tmrUpdate_Tick (since its already there) to check in with it. Conveniently the ReadFile will either have 0 bytes read or uint.MaxValue bytes read as soon as it locks up. When this is found the CancelIOEx (very handy) is used and the ReadFile stops its attempt. The idea is to let this happen a few times before disconnecting the controller. It disconnects quite well at the moment for BT.

For reactivating or plugging in new controllers I have a method which compares the previous count reported by the EnumerateDevices function to the current count and if this differs from the current index of null in the DS4Devices array (and is not 4) then attempt to add the device.

CancelIOEx is the one i am using except instead of timer i used built in DeviceMonitor (already exists), just to have to turn it on. And added logic for checking for timeOut inside isConnected. Its better if the device handles its own timeout, this way most of the logic is in ScpControl