..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-19-2014, 10:47 PM)nikita123098b Wrote: [ -> ]With 1.2 does not work in dark souls,please do something

Dark Souls issue has been mentioned several times and the devs are totally fed up with the issue. Just before they get pissed off again, I'd recommend you to run a search for Dark Souls and go to the last page of this thread where the issue was mentioned.
(02-19-2014, 10:47 PM)nikita123098b Wrote: [ -> ]With 1.2 does not work in dark souls,please do something

Moderators please, we need to do something about people who can't to a simple search. If one more person ask about the Dark Souls i will stop reading through this thread.
Hello, I really like this tool, now I can finally use my DS4 without the use of x360ce or Xpadder. I have a question, any chance you plan on adding direct input? I play some older games on my PC that don't support Xinput, I had an easier time playing those games with a ps2 controller since it uses direct input. I don't own a ps2 controller anymore so I had a tough time using a controller on those games (Blood Rayne 1 and 2 and a few others). Thank you for all your hard work!
From now on, use the report button for anyone asking for dark souls.
We'll give some warnings.
@nikita : before whining, use the search button.
(02-19-2014, 10:57 PM)HollowBattousai Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I really like this tool, now I can finally use my DS4 without the use of x360ce or Xpadder. I have a question, any chance you plan on adding direct input? I play some older games on my PC that don't support Xinput, I had an easier time playing those games with a ps2 controller since it uses direct input. I don't own a ps2 controller anymore so I had a tough time using a controller on those games (Blood Rayne 1 and 2 and a few others). Thank you for all your hard work!

There is a limited support of DirectInput in X360 Controller. No Vibration and triggers act different. Other option is to use of contoller without a tool and using in game settings to map buttons. Some games support it. Again no vibration as that's how DS4 DirectInput is defined.

There is no plans to add virtual DirectInput device at the moment. As it would requite reverse engineering another controller and emulating it on the virtual bus driver. At the moment I am relying on Scarlet.Crush's code to emulate X360 and he definitely knows more about it. But he doesn't support emulating DirectInput devices in his tool as well.

The goal of this tool at the moment is to emulate X360 controller on very low level. We are not emulating Xinput or DirectInput. We making it seem like a real 360 controller is plugged in.
The game chooses how to treat it. use as Xinput or DirectInput device
When I plug my controller in using USB it appears under unspecified as a wireless controller, what do I do? I am on windows 7.
(02-19-2014, 11:26 PM)WilliaM122 Wrote: [ -> ]When I plug my controller in using USB it appears under unspecified as a wireless controller, what do I do? I am on windows 7.

Did you use Scartlet.Crush's custom drivers? Do you have windows up to date and have you tried updating drivers through windows for the controller?
(02-19-2014, 11:30 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Did you use Scartlet.Crush's custom drivers? Do you have windows up to date and have you tried updating drivers through windows for the controller?

No I didn't use the custom drivers and my Windows if up to date. I also updated the drivers through the device and windows menu, I have also un installed them and plugged my DS4 back in and no luck.
(02-19-2014, 11:17 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]There is a limited support of DirectInput in X360 Controller. No Vibration and triggers act different. Other option is to use of contoller without a tool and using in game settings to map buttons. Some games support it. Again no vibration as that's how DS4 DirectInput is defined.

There is no plans to add virtual DirectInput device at the moment. As it would requite reverse engineering another controller and emulating it on the virtual bus driver. At the moment I am relying on Scarlet.Crush's code to emulate X360 and he definitely knows more about it. But he doesn't support emulating DirectInput devices in his tool as well.

Thank you so much for your reply, I tried to map the buttons without the tool and no success. The game confuses the triggers with the right joystick. But I understand it's not easy to do what you are doing I appreciate all your hard work and thanks again. I look forward to all future updates. Laugh
(02-19-2014, 11:36 PM)WilliaM122 Wrote: [ -> ]No I didn't use the custom drivers and my Windows if up to date. I also updated the drivers through the device and windows menu, I have also un installed them and plugged my DS4 back in and no luck.

Hmm that's strange. Have you tried running the tool?
Also if go into hardware tab of that device or device manager and find that device, you should be able to locate Hardware ID. The usual one should contain VID=0x54C and PID=05C4