..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-18-2014, 09:01 PM)[email protected] Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
i have a bit of a Problem. I dont have a bluetoothadapter yet, so im using usb. My OS is Win 7 64bit.
It works totally fine with Version 1.1, but it says in the readme that it doesnt Support rumble with Bluetooth.
Cause i want to buy a Adapter, i downloaded 1.2.
But there, rumble does not work (on USB).
Will it work with Bluetooth?

+is there a recommendet Adapter, cause i read that there is a Problem with some of them.

thx
Rumble works fine for me over bluetooth with 1.2

As for recommended adapter...

I personally use this one and I haven't run into any issues:
Kinivo BTD-400

InhexSTER said this one works well for him:
ASUS USB-BT400

These have also been mentioned in the thread: Belkin F8T065tt and Kensington K33902US

(02-20-2014, 11:40 AM)[email protected] Wrote: [ -> ]with Bluetooth it doesnt even connect. I click add devices on Win 7 and it just cant find it. Of course i pressed the share/ PS Combo.
Does anybody have a clue?
So even when the light bar on your controller is actively blinking, Windows can't find it? It should show up fairly quickly as Wireless Controller so I'm not sure what could be the problem other than maybe you need a different bluetooth adapter
(02-21-2014, 04:43 AM)youturnjason Wrote: [ -> ]When you paired the controller in windows is the LED a solid white? Make sure when you pair it you select to use a passcode and enter 0000.

Yeah, it's solid white but I didn't use any sort of passcode. I just started the sync on the controller, then I went to add a device under Windows, and it was found as a wireless controller. Is there a different way I should be going about this? Haven't had much experience with bluetooth devices.
(02-21-2014, 06:35 AM)RBELSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it's solid white but I didn't use any sort of passcode. I just started the sync on the controller, then I went to add a device under Windows, and it was found as a wireless controller. Is there a different way I should be going about this? Haven't had much experience with bluetooth devices.

Try delete it and re-pair it but this time choose to use a passcode and enter 0000. That should fix it.
(02-21-2014, 04:50 AM)Aleksandr Wrote: [ -> ]?!
Its the truth Smile

I've used it before, some time ago to play a game I think needed it (Hitman?), but never made an account or played with it (friend's account). Have reinstalled Windows since then Tongue
Windows 7 64bit.
Bluetooth
DS4Tool 1.2.1 RC / 1.2 / HecticSeptic Custom

I just wanted to report that DS4Tool 1.2.1 RC worked first time. then next day, during a game, it would disconnect, then connect, disconnect, then connect....ect.

I've reverted back to 1.2 and everything's fine.

Also, I was wondering if it's possible to SWITCH Dpad and left analog stick???? that would F'Rock!!!

I've tried remapping with HecticSeptic's Custom Control Mapping to SWITCH Dpad and Left analog without success. I might not be doing it right. If it is possible, a little help, please?

Oh, one more thing. In Custom Control Mapping, the "picture" of the DS4 is INVERTED left and right. Blink

and of course...many thanks!!!!!!! and looking forward to the "turn off" DS4 feature. Biggrin
I have purchased a dualshock 4 and when i connect it to my PC via USB 3.0 port it doesn't identify the controller (no orange/yellow light either). It states "USB device not recognized" I have updated every driver I could think of. My dualshock 3 connects without any problems.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue?

Specs:
intel core i7 3770k 3.5Ghz
asus mobo
gtx 780 gpu
8gb RAM
windows 7 64 bit

Thanks!
(02-21-2014, 10:21 AM)Octodaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Windows 7 64bit.
Bluetooth
DS4Tool 1.2.1 RC / 1.2 / HecticSeptic Custom

I just wanted to report that DS4Tool 1.2.1 RC worked first time. then next day, during a game, it would disconnect, then connect, disconnect, then connect....ect.

I've reverted back to 1.2 and everything's fine.

Also, I was wondering if it's possible to SWITCH Dpad and left analog stick???? that would F'Rock!!!

I've tried remapping with HecticSeptic's Custom Control Mapping to SWITCH Dpad and Left analog without success. I might not be doing it right. If it is possible, a little help, please?

Oh, one more thing. In Custom Control Mapping, the "picture" of the DS4 is INVERTED left and right. Blink

and of course...many thanks!!!!!!! and looking forward to the "turn off" DS4 feature. Biggrin

I've attached a Custom Mapping xml for you. Load it at the Custom Mapping screen and then close and restart the program. To turn it off either delete or rename the file.

The image is shown from behind so that all the buttons are visible - its not the usual 'face up' way of doing it, but I wanted to be unique. The dir pad is then on the left if you're using the current version. I flipped it so that mapping is still left buttons on the left, right buttons on the right. Of course we could use a non-original 'face up' that hides the LED and L2/R2 buttons, but I'm not sure how acceptable that is from a copyright point of view.

I had trouble getting the controller to connect sometimes, but that may be my BT device at fault. Once connected I haven't had it drop though. It may be that your BT device is dropping, how far away are you from the receiver? If its your USB which loses connection that's a bit more serious.
(02-21-2014, 11:19 AM)yellowpaintballhat Wrote: [ -> ]I have purchased a dualshock 4 and when i connect it to my PC via USB 3.0 port it doesn't identify the controller (no orange/yellow light either). It states "USB device not recognized" I have updated every driver I could think of. My dualshock 3 connects without any problems.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue?

Have you tried using a different cable, a different port? Does it charge when connected? If it does charge but your OS wont recognise it have you tried connecting via BT and just using the cable to charge?

For those still struggling with getting BT connected, I found this quite helpful: (I think it was this, Internet is failing me atm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7DUV4T8744
On version 1.1 controller wors in dark souls wonderful
(02-21-2014, 11:46 AM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]I've attached a Custom Mapping xml for you. Load it at the Custom Mapping screen and then close and restart the program. To turn it off either delete or rename the file.

The image is shown from behind so that all the buttons are visible - its not the usual 'face up' way of doing it, but I wanted to be unique. The dir pad is then on the left if you're using the current version. I flipped it so that mapping is still left buttons on the left, right buttons on the right. Of course we could use a non-original 'face up' that hides the LED and L2/R2 buttons, but I'm not sure how acceptable that is from a copyright point of view.

I had trouble getting the controller to connect sometimes, but that may be my BT device at fault. Once connected I haven't had it drop though. It may be that your BT device is dropping, how far away are you from the receiver? If its your USB which loses connection that's a bit more serious.

Thank you for the file.

I've loaded it in Custom Mapping screen, closed everything, restarted. went back in to custom mapping to see....and I can see that "Up" is left Y-axis 2, and "Left" is Left X-Axis 2.

I tried on 2 different games. Octodad, and NHL 14. In Octodad, Dpad and Left stick doesn't work at all. buttons still work. In NHL, in menu screen, the screen is behaving as though I'm pressing "UP" constantly. in the NHL game, the player moves left for a bit, then moves right for a bit....repeatly on its own. I can't control the player at all.