..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-21-2014, 07:38 AM)youturnjason Wrote: [ -> ]Try delete it and re-pair it but this time choose to use a passcode and enter 0000. That should fix it.

Sweet! This fixed it. Thank you so much!
https://code.google.com/r/brianfundakows...ource/list

As promised I've started merging features over to a less-stale branch. I've gotten light bar flash patterns indicating all battery states now, so you can get a feel for how low you are. Open to ideas on tuning the exact patterns but I think it is pretty intuitive what it will do now... I've added support for toggling on and off the HID flushing because that is potentially going to make us miss important reports and should only be a compatibility feature for very old and slow systems AFAIK. There's no GUI toggle for it as of this current commit, and it's turned off, and you can change that in the config file.

I'm going to add an idle timeout feature where you set the idle duration (for example, 30 seconds) and set the idle position (for example, resting on the shoulder buttons and triggers, or resting on the thumb-pads and touchpad), and it automatically turns off when you set it down in that position. Before that I'm going to go through and do performance tuning. The custom mapping stuff is a great feature but things like that ought to be done as simple table lookups for latency reasons. This means mapping each of the buttons into a constant. We can take this code from my branch.

The touchpad mode you have implemented works decently but I had to disable jitter for now until we do touchpad sensor data journaling. It is bad for the user experience when the touchpad just happens to always eat the first tenth of a second of input, but we can maintain the potential delta and then invoke that as soon as it is not determined that it is touch input. Really, I just want to get the virtual HID driver working so we can use all of Windows' logic for this stuff.... I want to implement touchpad mode switching like in my branch so that we can have a mode that is like what you have, then a mode that is like what InhexSTER did where buttons are always active and not gamepad buttons, and then a mode like what I did in my branch which tries to be very unobtrusive but have a lot of features. A circular array of different touchpad classes would work fine, and then we can experiment with different things. I want to use sixaxis data to perform jitter compensation and contribute to the tap/drag determination protocol.

Also I need to get the trigger center-point linear remapping feature in because my Arthritis is killing me. It's nice not to have to hold them all the way down.
Note for future development: we can remove the instantaneous acceleration factor from the gyrometer readings (via calculus or differential equations) and expose a compensated gyrometer for much more precision in control mapping. If only Sony had also included a MEMS compass... well, we should be able to estimate position using the sixaxis, still, and expose that as another virtual/derived sensor. I think I'm going to try and make an AC4 "mod" so that I have something to prototype with, and just support sailing controls to start with.
Hi,
I noticed some bugs with Toshiba Bluetooth Stack driver:
1) not respond to color change for the led.
2) in games right stick is always turn to the left side by itself.
Also I can see this bug in properties of "virtual x360 controller" just like I am really touch gamepad when I am not.. It happens after game starts and for a while.

Is anyone have the same problem with Toshiba BT stack?

P.S. Btw works great with generic Microsoft Bt driver.
P.P.S. Toshiba Bluetooth Stack driver:
http://support.toshiba.com/support/viewC...Id=4004901
(02-21-2014, 05:35 PM)juari Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

From the 1st post in this thread:

(11-08-2013, 06:25 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]...
Make sure you have:

1. Microsoft .NET 4.0
2. Visual C 2010/2012 Runtime.
3. Latest DirectX Runtime.
4. Latest Official Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller Drivers available.
5. Minimum of Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR Dongle (if using Bluetooth).
6. Administrator rights on your PC.
7. Make sure you quit all other apps/games that can use the controller
(Steam/Uplay/TeamSpeak, etc) if you are using Hide DS4 controller option
8. Having MotionJoy drivers installed seem to cause issues for some people
9. This tool can't run at the same time as DS3 SCP server gui or service at this moment
10. Bluetooth Drivers from Microsoft or other driver that use Microsoft Bluetooth Stack

There have been various problems with the Toshiba stack. Please use the MS one if possible.
(02-21-2014, 11:55 AM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried using a different cable, a different port? Does it charge when connected? If it does charge but your OS wont recognise it have you tried connecting via BT and just using the cable to charge?

For those still struggling with getting BT connected, I found this quite helpful: (I think it was this, Internet is failing me atm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7DUV4T8744

I have connected the controller to my xbox and it lights up and gives me the orange/yellow light. I have tried other ports as well.
(02-21-2014, 05:35 PM)juari Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
1) not respond to color change for the led.
2) in games right stick is always turn to the left side by itself.
Also I can see this bug in properties of "virtual x360 controller" just like I am really touch gamepad when I am not.. It happens after game starts and for a while.

Is anyone have the same problem with Toshiba BT stack?

P.S. Btw works great with generic Microsoft Bt driver.
P.P.S. Toshiba Bluetooth Stack driver:
http://support.toshiba.com/support/viewC...Id=4004901

Yeah same issue here...
But generic Microsoft Bt driver also is giving me a hard time Sad...
Also, the DS4 battery life seems pretty piss-poor. I'm new to using it, so is there any secret way to make it conserve battery while not in use? (BT mode) Or does it just keep suckin' the juice just as hard while sitting on your desk idle?
I get no Xinput anymore. The tool opens and works, but no xbox controller is listed in my devices. It started when I tried out Heptic's 1.2.1 RC1. I've tried every other Heptic version and InhexSTER's 1.2 and I still get nothing. I even reinstalled the device drivers. I have also tried going back to USB, still nothing.
(02-21-2014, 11:34 PM)raptor1138 Wrote: [ -> ]I get no Xinput anymore. The tool opens and works, but no xbox controller is listed in my devices. It started when I tried out Heptic's 1.2.1 RC1. I've tried every other Heptic version and InhexSTER's 1.2 and I still get nothing. I even reinstalled the device drivers. I have also tried going back to USB, still nothing.

I've been plagued by the same issues. For me, it started when I first needed to charge the battery, and thus go from BT to USB. (Is that not recommended? It appear to consider it two different controllers, rather than the same controller simply being charged)

I don't know of an easy way to straighten it out, but I restarted my pc, then reconnected the controller and it is working now.