..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-22-2014, 06:39 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Here is an RC2 for 1.2.1
Its very close to final release:

Fiixed some custom mapping issues:
Now all mapping should work, except for emulating key hold for keyboard (keystroke atm)
Fixes issues with some mappings not being saved into xml file
Refactored and rewritten underlying code for custom mappings

Will final release manage to get the touchpad press to act as a button thus allowing it to be mapped to something?
Or is turning the touchpad into a button not possible atm?
(02-22-2014, 09:05 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Merged all the branches together into https://code.google.com/r/brianfundakows...ource/list now, and also committed a fix to the rumbles being reversed. Next I'll add a toggle for HID queue flushing (should not be necessary except on ancient systems afaik), the linear trigger remapping (Arthritis mode), and I'll work on a replacement touchpad mode. We can simply use the sixaxis sensors to perform jitter compensation around critical events (button press/unpress, finger tap/touchpad push/unpush/release, etc.)

How do you know rumble is reversed? Small, and Big variables are referring to X360 motors (the values xinput sends back). So only thing that's not right is left/right in Options should be big/small
On x360 Big one on the right when on DS4 its left.
(02-23-2014, 01:16 AM)BravoGangUS Wrote: [ -> ]Will final release manage to get the touchpad press to act as a button thus allowing it to be mapped to something?
Or is turning the touchpad into a button not possible atm?

Touchpad is a button and acts like a left mouse button. I am not sure why HecticSeptic didn't include it in the mapping menu.
Hi InhexSTER, i have some problems with my controllers, i want to use the ds3 and ds4 togheter for play games in two player. But the Scp ds3 not work (i have lag on control) i use asus bt211 dongle.
There is a possibility to use ds3 and ds4 togheter? or i must buy another ds4?
Thank you for your great work!
The tool doesn't support DS3, I haven't tried but i believe DS3 Tool could possibly work with DS3 with separate BT dongle or through USB with motionJoy but not sure if they are compatible. Some people had issues having the DS3 drivers installed causing DS4 not work. DS3 requires custom drivers and DS4 Tool aims not to use custom controller drivers.
(02-23-2014, 01:20 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Touchpad is a button and acts like a left mouse button. I am not sure why HecticSeptic didn't include it in the mapping menu.

The touchpad code is where it is handled, which is in a different area to where the custom mapping was. Its also not as much a remap as including a variety of conditionals. Will need further refactoring for it to be done correctly, but it will happen sooner or later. Right now, on my development version, I have drop downs for clicking the pad, two-finger clicking the pad, and clicking the top part of the pad (the part which does not detect touches). For now there aren't any plans for these to swap with XInput, only key presses and mouse clicks. By default they are left, right and middle click respectively.
(02-23-2014, 01:17 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]How do you know rumble is reversed? Small, and Big variables are referring to X360 motors (the values xinput sends back). So only thing that's not right is left/right in Options should be big/small
On x360 Big one on the right when on DS4 its left.
Tested side by side with x360ce. They were reversed... It's not left versus right that games care about; those are just design side-effects. What games care about is getting correct the distinction between the big heavy slow centrifuge and the small light fast one. Go ahead and try an X360 controller and see.

(02-23-2014, 02:01 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]The tool doesn't support DS3, I haven't tried but i believe DS3 Tool could possibly work with DS3 with separate BT dongle or through USB with motionJoy but not sure if they are compatible. Some people had issues having the DS3 drivers installed causing DS4 not work. DS3 requires custom drivers and DS4 Tool aims not to use custom controller drivers.

Both at once works fine, you just need to learn how to specify the DS3 driver on only one of the Bluetooth adpaters.
Here is very small update with RC3:
Fixed tap to click support (now quick swipes should not trigger accidental taps)
Reversed motors to map correctly, thanks to electrobrains
(02-23-2014, 02:36 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Tested side by side with x360ce. They were reversed... It's not left versus right that games care about; those are just design side-effects. What games care about is getting correct the distinction between the big heavy slow centrifuge and the small light fast one. Go ahead and try an X360 controller and see.

Yes and on 360 controller heavy one is on the right side of the controller, and light one on the left i believe. On DS4 its reversed, I tested with PCSX2 they have Xinput mode and 2 Axis. Slow/Fast. Fast = light, slow = heavy. You are right. It's the output report. the right side (light one) comes first in the output buffer.
I'm not sure how many versions back it goes to, but using 1.2.1 RC3, when using the custom mapper to map, what's assigned to Share and Options are switched.