..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-23-2014, 11:01 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Oops, thanks for testing that. It was a one-character bug (accepting trigger value 127 alone instead of values 128-255, when going to disable the touchpad, like 128-255 now work for enabling it. Previously, only 255 or "full trigger" worked, and no games actually use that kind of behavior of requiring a full trigger pull to indicate "on" versus "off." Here's a fixed version, maps 0-127 of either trigger to "off" and 128-255 as "on."

Yes, I will support several touchpad modes selectable through pressing the Guide/PS button while you have finger(s) touching the touchpad. The existing one HecticSeptic and InhexSTER designed will be one mode. Another mode will be the one I derived from the original InhexSTER did, where buttons act as mouse buttons, but also including tap, two-finger scrolling, and the up-to-9-programmable virtual button zones on the touchpad. Then, of course, there will also be an "off" mode and maybe a cursor-movement-but-no-clicking mode as well.

Excellent, glad to hear the Touchpad modes are coming back. I can't tell you how cool it was to put it into the cursor-but-no-clicking mode to aim in Doom 3. That was some fun stuff.

And yes, that file you uploaded fixed the Touchpad. Thanks for looking into that. Laugh
hi, I'm new here and I must admit I registred only for this thread, I follow it since the beginning and thank you for all the good stuff you provide us.

Now, I know inhexSTER won't upload a new version for a while and some of you guys make their own one with new features that sound great (including electrobrains and others). The little issue is that now I get lost among all those differents and alternative versions so it is difficult to compare them and choose which one can replace my actual version (1.2 of inhexSTER)

So that would be great if someone can put together some list of all the different versions available and what they add to inhexSTER's 1.2 version because it would help not just me, but everyone on this topic I think. (or at least tell me the page from which people propose alternative versions)

A big thank you in advance Smile

PS : While Tomb Raider (the 2013 version) does recognize the controller without anything, the inputs doesn't match at all those from the xbox 360 controller and there's no way to change it...

PPS : what informatic language do you use to code this ?
(02-23-2014, 08:12 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]* Arthritis mode is in. You can remap the midpoint of your L2 and R2 triggers.

* Rumble translation into light bar flashes for accessibility (not everyone can feel rumbles in their hands, or feel anything in their hands, despite being able to use a controller effectively.)

Great to see you keeping accessibility in mind. I'm not in need of these things myself, but I'm sure this will mean so much to people who are.
(02-23-2014, 11:26 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: [ -> ]@electrobrains: I've got 2 X360 Controllers, 1 wired and 1 wireless. I did extensive testing while developing the bus, that was the behaviour on XP, Vista, Win7. It may be MS have since changed the behaviour on Win8/8.1 (or introduced bugs) - but the Bus has no control over which XInput Pad Id is assigned, it just informs Windows that a controller has been connected. Everything from then on is controlled by the XInput Subsystem. Which OS are you using?

The Bus implements X360 Wired Controllers - they don't have a battery, so no way to get the MS overlay to display it.
Ah, I see, and I have only been testing with Windows 8 because that's what I have running on my home computer. Sounds like that might be the difference. I have been able to reproduce this weird dead input with Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD so maybe I can get to the bottom of it. I definitely cannot reproduce it upon demand so far.
(02-24-2014, 01:14 AM)Aleksandr Wrote: [ -> ]Great to see you keeping accessibility in mind. I'm not in need of these things myself, but I'm sure this will mean so much to people who are.

Smile The custom mapping of buttons that was added in my 'absence' also is a big boon for accessibility, for games that ask for huge chording (especially trigger + buttons) when plenty of people out there don't have the benefit of controlling ten fingers. I'm gonna use this opportunity to also note that I need to add an "epilepsy filter" option that keeps the controller from ever trying to flash patterns that are fast enough to trigger one's epilepsy.
@electrobrains, imho your are waisting time with support of different touchpad modes just for touchpad. I think the proper way is allowing user to select what touchpad does through custom mappings and then save the profile. (if its cursor only mode user leaves the specific buttons unbound). It will add a lot of flexibility, rather then having predefined modes. It will be so controllers config's will based on profile ID vs Controller number. Hotkey will switch between custom mapping files and controller config (LightBar and other settings) files. This is a way some gaming mice do it. Lightbar can indicate which profile you are in, selected by user.
(02-24-2014, 01:53 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]@electrobrains, imho your are waisting time with support of different touchpad modes just for touchpad. I think the proper way is allowing user to select what touchpad does through custom mappings and then save the profile. (if its cursor only mode user leaves the specific buttons unbound). It will add a lot of flexibility, rather then having predefined modes. It will be so controllers config's will based on profile ID vs Controller number. Hotkey will switch between custom mapping files and controller config (LightBar and other settings) files. This is a way some gaming mice do it. Lightbar can indicate which profile you are in, selected by user.

I like all of this. I'm envisioning a scheme that goes kind of like this:
* Profiles like "Brian's standard configuration" contain a mnemonic (flash and rumble pattern to indicate you have switched to them), and then a list of "modes." The modes contain mapping information, the entirety of what is currently in the Options. The first mode will be activated upon switching to that profile. You would switch profiles by pressing PS/Guide button while you have a finger on the touchpad. (I will need help pulling all of the configuration out like this.)
* DualShock 4 identifier's like "Brian's first DS4 (MAC aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:Ff)" contain mostly one configuration item: list of profiles that can be accessed. Every time I plug in or turn on my controller, it will automatically look up "Brian's first DS4 (MAC aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff)" and then use the profile "Brian's standard configuration", along with the first mode therein. I think that accessibility features should also be saved here. Perhaps this is also where things like battery level indicator settings should go.
* Modes are globally-named we import or export XML at these levels mostly. The existing mapping XML configuration would integrate here.
* You would switch mapping modes by having a finger/thumb down on the touchpad and hitting L2/L3 to scroll left and R2/R3 to scroll right. I want to absolutely reserve certain button chord combinations for system usage. Each mode also has a flash/rumble pattern like the profiles do, to help you know what you just switched into without having an on-screen display.
* options like HID queue flushing are saved by getting a hardware identifier for the parent (USB controller for USB connection, Bluetooth controller for Bluetooth connection). I don't know what other settings might matter on a per-controller basis... actually, supposedly audio is limited to only 16KHz (or else you get packet loss, I guess) if you are sharing a Bluetooth channel with four controllers, so it might be easiest to enforce audio rate limiting at that level.

Can we do a meeting soon, whoever wants to chip in thoughts, and do some configuration brainstorming?
Is there a way to enable touchpad to allow custom mapping for it (to use for push-to-talk, or whatever else), but at the same time turn off the trackpad functionality?
Can confirm that the scan code keypresses work in Skyrim (at least for me on Win 8.1) when previously they wouldn't. Great work.
Hi! Great thanks for your job) i ask one qwestion. , will support music output on the controller as it is on the ps4?