..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-25-2014, 06:05 AM)Aleksandr Wrote: [ -> ]Testing out 1.2.1 and the touchpad works surprisingly well. Great job guys.

One little thing I'd really love to see is a 'prevent guide button from ever acting like an Xbox guide button' checkbox. I have the guide button remapped to a keypress but when holding it down to turn off the controller it still launches sodding Steam Big Picture.

Wouldn't be a problem if Valve let you disable it but they don't. Vowed never to use the stupid thing again after it crashed and I lost progress in whatever game it was I was playing.

Temporary fix for this, in custom mapping file write this:
<Button>
<cbPS>(Unbound)</cbPS>
</Button>
This will work only if Hide DS4 is enabled (as otherwise steam uses DS4 controller directly bypassing the tool)
There is no way to prevent controller directly passing data to steam if the checkbox is not on.
(02-25-2014, 05:36 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for noticing, Reposting a fixed version. Please re-download.

Does this also fix the problem I just discovered where pushing the touchpad results in a "hold" until you let go, then tap the touchpad (not push)?

Edit: Yes, yes it does.
I have a bit of a problem here.

The controller works excellently on Dead Space 3 and GTA IV. However, it seems to introduce some strange behaviours in Borderlands 2. When I try to start the game with the controller, my selected character doesn't show up in the main menu so I had to select one manually. However, the game crashes when I try to load the game with the selected character.

In Portal 2, the game fails to recognise the fact I've beaten the game several times as I can't start a game aside from the first level. Also, loading a previous save causes a crash to desktop.

It seems to be limited to Steam games, I'll try experimenting with different games.
@ TheDeclaimer

I tested with Borderlands 2, all fine.
Portal 2 also works for me (had to verify game files first through steam)

I always use contoller in hide DS4 mode. Only Uplay game really have problem with that mode (freezes) on Win 7
(02-25-2014, 06:09 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Temporary fix for this, in custom mapping file write this:
<Button>
<cbPS>(Unbound)</cbPS>
</Button>
This will work only if Hide DS4 is enabled (as otherwise steam uses DS4 controller directly bypassing the tool)
There is no way to prevent controller directly passing data to steam if the checkbox is not on.

Yup, tested and this works. Disconnect and reconnect with Steam open and you need to close Steam to stop it taking input, but seems like the only fix for that is to disable controller input in Steam. (Which is up to Valve and not going to happen. Shame.)
Just finished testing 1.2.1. You guys have done a damned fantastic job.
On 1.2.1 final release, and having issues with keymapping the guide button (possibly others as well.)

I set the guide button to trigger a Keyboard - Escape command, as this is very helpful for emulators where pressing the escape key can stop emulation and exit fullscreen mode. The odd thing is I find that it only works in certain applications and not others, while the controller itself works perfectly fine in all apps.

For example, Dolphin emulator pressing the guide key to stop emulation 100% works perfectly every time. ZSNES on the other hand, does not register the escape command to access the menu.

Is there a limitation to the keyboard mappings I'm not aware of?
(02-25-2014, 08:29 AM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]On 1.2.1 final release, and having issues with keymapping the guide button (possibly others as well.)

I set the guide button to trigger a Keyboard - Escape command, as this is very helpful for emulators where pressing the escape key can stop emulation and exit fullscreen mode. The odd thing is I find that it only works in certain applications and not others, while the controller itself works perfectly fine in all apps.

For example, Dolphin emulator pressing the guide key to stop emulation 100% works perfectly every time. ZSNES on the other hand, does not register the escape command to access the menu.

Is there a limitation to the keyboard mappings I'm not aware of?

Did you try ticking the scan code option when mapping the keys?
1.2.1 final
windows 7

I'm not sure what Repeat and Scan code do in Custom Mapping, but without ticking them, EVERYTHING WORKS FINE...seems they are only tickable when emulating Keyboard strokes...

Any chance of adding a TURBO button????? maybe 3 different speeds???? or variable speeds?

as aways, MANY thanks!!!

Also, I know I might be asking too much, but do you think ability to choose custom mapping using Hotkeys be doable???
thank you for 1.2.1 version it's great !

as for my fps issue, I have motioninjoy installed (for previous DS3 which I keep to play Left4Dead 2 splitscreen with buddies) and the drivers too, do you think it can be the cause of it ?