..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-28-2014, 05:46 PM)rafael123456 Wrote: [ -> ]How can i use the GYRO/ACELEROMETER as input for my games?

There is no support of these in Xinput therefore only way is to replace one of the axis like X,Y. That's why at the moment its not supported.
All PC games are not meant to use them anyways. The only emulator that can make use of this is Dolphn. So hopefully dolphin developers will step up and release native DS4 support, either through our API in version 2.0 or through their own
(02-28-2014, 09:34 AM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]Found a serious bug that needs attention. Here's the steps to reproduce:

- Windows 7
- Connect DS4 with Bluetooth
- Press PS + Options to disconnect controller
- Now try using your mouse to click and drag different elements in Windows, like desktop icons
- You cannot click and drag until you reboot the PC

Anyone else having this problem? It's weird, I actually first noticed this bug last night while plugged into USB, but am unable to replicate it. I am only able to immediately replicate it on command using the steps above. It's always when I disconnect the controller via the new button combo that it triggers the glitch.

Nobody else is experiencing this? A bug I can reproduce 100% of the time with DS4 Tool?
(02-28-2014, 07:15 PM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody else is experiencing this? A bug I can reproduce 100% of the time with DS4 Tool?

I can't reproduce this, so the mouse buttons are not working at all? did you try to click left/right/middle mouse few times? Does this happened with touchpad off ?
(02-28-2014, 07:15 PM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody else is experiencing this? A bug I can reproduce 100% of the time with DS4 Tool?

What mouse do you have? Does it have any software that runs alongside it? That could be interfering somehow.
Just made an account to say thanks for making this wrapper, I use it every day and it's great how full featured it is now. The only things I could ask for at this point is the ability to use it to sync up ps3 controllers too, (although I don't know if that's possible) better sensitivity when moving your finger slowly across the touchpad (which may just be a fault of the touchpad itself) and possibly the ability to set modifier keys (like, pressing X does one thing, but holding left trigger and X does another so you could effectively double the amount of inputs on the controller)

Anyways thanks a bunch for making this wrapper, It's pretty much great.
(02-28-2014, 07:23 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]I can't reproduce this, so the mouse buttons are not working at all? did you try to click left/right/middle mouse few times? Does this happened with touchpad off ?

No no, the mouse buttons do work. The problem is with click and drag using left mouse button. Say you want to move an icon around your desktop, this is the most easy way to see if the glitch occurred. Once I press the PS + Option buttons to disconnect my controller, 100% of the time this bug occurs and requires a reboot to fix.

(02-28-2014, 07:27 PM)supercalleh Wrote: [ -> ]What mouse do you have? Does it have any software that runs alongside it? That could be interfering somehow.

I am using a G500. I don't have any software running right now and am using basic windows drivers.
PS+Options is definitely one of the best new features in a while Laugh
It's so useful
Alright so I found out what was causing my issue.

I have been custom mapping the PS button to simulate Escape key pressing, for the sake of ease of remote use when playing on emulators. I also had scan code enabled on this button.

I believe what's happening is something glitches where the computer thinks I'm pressing escape as I shut off the controller, and it goes into some loop of sorts. I confirmed it's definitely this keymapping as resetting it back to just be the guide button and unchecking scan code has made it work perfectly, no more click and hold bug.

But this pretty much means I can't bind the guide button to anything else, because it causes problems with the PS + Options disconnect, which I so desperately need to use, it's just too amazing to give up. I can avoid this situation by disconnecting the controller the old way, just stopping the server and holding the PS button for 10 seconds, so at least there's a sort of alternative if I need to remap the guide button.

But at least we now know what the issue is here.
Hi, i had this working perfect on my old pc but i have just upgraded to an monster machine...

trying to get the wrapper working but when i hit devices here is what it's showing for the controller when plugged in via usb .... http://s24.postimg.org/fux56bs9x/hfghf.png

i follow the steps with the xinput manager and it isn't picking it up.

Any help on this would be appreciated!
(02-28-2014, 08:01 PM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]No no, the mouse buttons do work. The problem is with click and drag using left mouse button. Say you want to move an icon around your desktop, this is the most easy way to see if the glitch occurred. Once I press the PS + Option buttons to disconnect my controller, 100% of the time this bug occurs and requires a reboot to fix.

I am using a G500. I don't have any software running right now and am using basic windows drivers.
I have a G500s that I am using now and don't have this issue. Maybe it's your bluetooth dongle? Did you try unplugging your mouse then replugging it back in to the PC to see if that would fix it rather than a reboot?

v1.2.2 rocks btw. Love the immediate turn off feature PS+Options Smile

Edit: I see you found the problem so ignore this Smile