..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-01-2014, 06:55 PM)kvazar412 Wrote: [ -> ]any thoughts?

In first screenshot, the ScpServer is not started (the state of start button should be "Stop") and there should be some info in log window
(02-28-2014, 12:26 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a version to test out:
This only includes some changes for hotplug, should prevent same controller connected twice from usb and bt
some minor fixes for hot plugging code
People who had issues please report. As for me on Win 8.1 it seems working well (tested with 2 BT controllers)

Problem fixed and solved.
Thanks a lot inhexSTER !
Good news!
I have reworked the communication protocol client/server and now implements a pubsub pattern using Named Pipe through WCF.

The client when it starts subscribe itself to the service events and the service broadcast the messages to all the clients connected. This allow us to have more than one client connected to the server at the same time.

Can anyone test that DS4Tool can effectively work (receiving events from DS4ToolServiceTester) without requiring admin rights? (keep in minds that DS4ToolServiceTester still require admin because it should install the service).

If everything is working correctly tomorrow i will start the last bit of client reaction (trayicon).

Disclaimer: as usual is just a mock application to test UI behaviour and is not (yet Laugh ) connected to the wrapper.
Without requiring rights admin, i use windows task.

I check rights admin to configure it.

When windows started, i have ds4tool tray icon.

Just push PS button to light on DS4.
I did some more testing about DMC and other games. For DMC, if I use BT, it works a few minute after which I get a monstruous lag of 20 sec, which worsen until the game crash and the DS4 get disconected. If I use USB, it does not crash the game but I still have issue with the DS4 not being recognise as an X360 controller.

For the others games, it worked some time with BT, but then the DS4 disconect. It did it with Borderlands 2 and Dust : an elysian tale. It happens after some time (15 to 20 minutes of play). I also have some lag. I tried Skyrim but didn't play long enough to have the problem.

If i use usb, it semmes to work well with game (apart from DMC). Don't know I it's because I just played a few minute.

Here is the config :

Connection type: BT (asus BT-211) / USB
Windows Version : 7
DS4 Tool Version : 1.2.2
Shared mode

@InhexSTER : I saw in one of your older post that you tried the same dongle as mine and said you did not have any issue. Are you still using it ?
Hi, I've connected by DS4 via usb to my PC [Windows 7], but after using your program my controller is still recognized as wireless controller (not x360 controller)
I went and fixed several memory allocations in the fastpath... people who were seeing large CPU usage or memory growth/release cycles should try this version. The changes are committed to ds4-tool Google Code repository already for review.
For some reason, my PS Button doesn't display as being pressed. I know it works, for I've paired it to my android phone, and that required me to hold the PS Btn down, along with the share button.
Is there some fix to it, or am I missing a check-box somewhere?

Yes; I've tried XinputTest. That's where I found out the button didn't work.
(03-02-2014, 06:33 AM)Chaquator Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason, my PS Button doesn't display as being pressed. I know it works, for I've paired it to my android phone, and that required me to hold the PS Btn down, along with the share button.
Is there some fix to it, or am I missing a check-box somewhere?

Yes; I've tried XinputTest. That's where I found out the button didn't work.

XinputTest doesn't show Guide button status, you can check in steam (launches big picture) or in games with GFWL
(03-02-2014, 07:34 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]XinputTest doesn't show Guide button status, you can check in steam (launches big picture) or in games with GFWL

I see.
Thanks.