..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-04-2014, 07:16 PM)Kekkon Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having a problem with the way the DS4 is detected, even before using the ds4tool just as a regular wireless controller the L2/R2 triggers show up as being both axis' and buttons, and the axis acts as always being fully negative, halfway pressed acts as neutral and fully pressed acts as positive, pressing it at all acts as the button.
Not being pressed:
http://i.imgur.com/NptJnUr.png
Being pressed:
http://i.imgur.com/anNcoDA.png

So if I try to map anything in a game/program it'll always go to the axis of the triggers, with DS4tool open it remaps everything except those axis as xinput, and they still prevent me from mapping things in games.
I used to have the motioninjoy drivers installed but I'm pretty sure I got rid of them, when I plug the DS4 in the two drivers it use are 'HID Compliant Game Controller' and 'USB Input Device' the default drivers from Microsoft.

Read opening post DirectInput section, also if it works in XinputTest it means something is wrong in the game. Looks like the game itself is DirectInput only.
The screenshots above show a default behaviour of DS4 on PC. I haven't tried but calibration might fix it.
(03-04-2014, 07:27 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Read opening post DirectInput section, also if it works in XinputTest it means something is wrong in the game. Looks like the game itself is DirectInput only.
The screenshots above show a default behaviour of DS4 on PC. I haven't tried but calibration might fix it.

Well the problem with calibration is it has you move an axis in both directions then hit a button on the controller, but since L2 and R2 are both being read as an axis and a button it skips the screen if you try press them.

The other problem is a game/program supports both directinput and xinput it seems to prioritize direct, meaning it WILL detect the xinput from ds4tool but it will also map everything to the negative x/y rotation from the direct input.
I thought DS4 tool cancelled out the directinput signals when it was in use but that doesn't seem to be the case.
(03-04-2014, 07:57 PM)Kekkon Wrote: [ -> ]Well the problem with calibration is it has you move an axis in both directions then hit a button on the controller, but since L2 and R2 are both being read as an axis and a button it skips the screen if you try press them.

The other problem is a game/program supports both directinput and xinput it seems to prioritize direct, meaning it WILL detect the xinput from ds4tool but it will also map everything to the negative x/y rotation from the direct input.
I thought DS4 tool cancelled out the directinput signals when it was in use but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Hide DS4 controller will prevent the game from seeing Dualshck 4. Only X360 controller visible, but it also has DirectInput, so it up to the game on how to use X360 controller
(03-04-2014, 08:02 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Hide DS4 controller will prevent the game from seeing Dualshck 4. Only X360 controller visible, but it also has DirectInput, so it up to the game on how to use X360 controller

That's weird, the option wasn't working earlier but now it is! Strange, dunno what changed but heck if it's working I ain't complaining!
Hide DS4 should always work if you quit apps like steam, uplay, etc, that have access to DS4, I am not going to answer anymore question about why X360 controller doesn't show up when i click Hide DS4:

THIS MEANS ERROR!
It can't be simpler than that. It even tells you what to do. and explained in detail in a link in the opening post.

Could not open the controller 1 for exclusive access
Try to quit any applications that can be using the controller
Then press Stop and Start to try accessing device again

If you see something else only than report a bug
Anyone have a problem with the their controllers turning off instantly after you turn it on wirelessly? I'm thinking this is more of a bluetooth problem with my Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter. Anyone with similar adapter might be able to help?
(03-04-2014, 09:53 PM)Thrice Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone have a problem with the their controllers turning off instantly after you turn it on wirelessly? I'm thinking this is more of a bluetooth problem with my Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter. Anyone with similar adapter might be able to help?

Did it work before? Try removing device (unpair) and repair again, i've seen similar issue on Windows 7, but after complete removal it worked again
how to turn off ds4 when use it by usb?
when i disconnect ds4 from pc, the LED turn off immediately
is that mean the ds4 is turned off?
(03-04-2014, 10:35 PM)Web Developer Wrote: [ -> ]how to turn off ds4 when use it by usb?

Yes, the controller is shut off immediately when it's unplugged.
(03-04-2014, 10:35 PM)Web Developer Wrote: [ -> ]how to turn off ds4 when use it by usb?

Think of it as USB mouse. its always running while plugged in to PC. That's why i think PS4 doen't let you control LED colors / turn them off because its always on when controller is working. Kinda like its ON indicator.