..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-04-2014, 11:27 PM)delt31 Wrote: [ -> ]First off - great product!

As of today, I tried this with wired - worked. I then tried with wireless and the pc sees the controller (properties allows me to press buttons) but as soon as I start this program, the light on the ps4 goes dark blue and the pc no longer accepts the controller inputs. Essentially the controller is dead and I need to remove it from bluetooth and add it back for it to function again. The DS4 program does see the bluetooth controller (it starts as normal) but no inputs are permitted.

Any idea? I'm on win 7 x64 btw

btw - the program is not making the extra controller option in the devices screen which is probably causing the problem. any suggestions?

Edit - wired no longer works now either - the virtual controller is never created

EDIT 2 - FIXED it. I uninstalled the drivers and then installed and then setup again and all works.
(03-04-2014, 11:40 PM)delt31 Wrote: [ -> ]btw - the program is not making the extra controller option in the devices screen which is probably causing the problem. any suggestions?

Edit - wired no longer works now either - the virtual controller is never created
EDIT 2 - FIXED it. I uninstalled the drivers and then installed and then setup again and all works.

You dont need to reinstall drivers, just restart Scp Virtual Bus device inside Device Manager under System.
I think people using newer development version no longer experience this issue
(03-03-2014, 10:10 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't tested myself but from links i posted above USB connection is 4ms (250 Hz) rate. Also if i remember correctly looking at DS3 Scp server limits it to 16ms

I am not saying its not good to have higher rate but something like 250hz will be more then enough. Just will be better to allow people lets say go down to 60hz if they have older dongle or laptop with older hardware. I so far am enjoying the tool and never had a performance problems with last few version.

The USB input Rate for DS4 is 250Hz, DS3 is 100Hz.

The DS3 ScpServer does not limit Input rate, the 16ms Timer used is for output (Timer object used is 60Hz, so has a resolution of ~16ms). The periodic output is used for flashing LEDs [and to account for the possibility of dropped packets on BTH].

X360 controllers only send Input packets if a Button/Axis has changed, the Bus mimics this behaviour. Each report is compared to the previous report and only forwarded to the XInput subsystem if something has changed.

When a DS4 connects to a PC on BTH it initially send out reports on Input Report ID 0x1 [basic report - no touchpad/gyro data], like an X360 it only sends these reports if a Button/Axis has changed. After sending an Output Report ID 11 [Led/Rumble], it stops sending Input Report ID 0x1 and starts sending Input Report ID 0x11 [includes touchpad/gyro] data, at a rate that supports these extra input parameters.
(03-05-2014, 12:40 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: [ -> ]The USB input Rate for DS4 is 250Hz, DS3 is 100Hz.

Yeah everything seems about right. It seems for touchpad to be more or less usable it should be ~250hz. At 60hz touchpad becomes quite unresponsive. Good to know about need to send OUT report before it gets 0x11, maybe this can be used to fix Toshiba and other BT stacks. Still quick disconnect then will require a separate version for each stack
This program has a serious need of a troubleshooting documentation so that people will stop asking about the same issues over and over again. A good addition to 2.0 would be such a documentation included in the zip as a text file, with all problems reported here listed. I can only think of a couple off the top of my head, but it would be a good idea to get a list of all the problems.
I've seen another bug. When ds4tool is running, it prevents the mouse pointer from disappearing in other apps (for example vlc in fullscreen).

Like before, it is windows 7 x64, this happens just by having the application running, even if it is in stop state and there is no controller.
Wanted to say thank you for making this tool.

I was unable to play wirelessly with my BT Stack adapter, but I purchased the Targus BT adapter mentioned in this thread for $8 and it's been working beautifully since.

Question:
Would it be possible to add a feature that allows us to assign keyboard or mouse functions to the touchpad button and the PS button?
I like using xpadder to assign actions to those extra buttons, but the DS4 tool will not start up if Xpadder already has control of the DS4.

Thanks again.
(03-05-2014, 03:50 AM)cheepnis Wrote: [ -> ]Wanted to say thank you for making this tool.

I was unable to play wirelessly with my BT Stack adapter, but I purchased the Targus BT adapter mentioned in this thread for $8 and it's been working beautifully since.

Question:
Would it be possible to add a feature that allows us to assign keyboard or mouse functions to the touchpad button and the PS button?
I like using xpadder to assign actions to those extra buttons, but the DS4 tool will not start up if Xpadder already has control of the DS4.

Thanks again.

Yes, but don't expect such functionality before 2.0. Right now we are trying to fix major bugs, making sure the software works for everyone.
Hi guys,

Sorry to bother you again but now all of a sudden the Xbox 360 controller stopped being emulated! It doesn't show up in the controllers menu in the control panel.
Oh and I do have the Xbox Accessory software installed (I checked).

If anyone could help me out here, I would appreciate it.
(03-05-2014, 07:20 AM)AssassinVenice Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

Sorry to bother you again but now all of a sudden the Xbox 360 controller stopped being emulated! It doesn't show up in the controllers menu in the control panel.
Oh and I do have the Xbox Accessory software installed (I checked).

If anyone could help me out here, I would appreciate it.
Try shutting down the software, unplugging and plugging back in the Bluetooth adapter, and then starting it back up. I've had strange issues ever since the Quick-Disconnect feature came in.