..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there any plans to allow users to change/deactivate the tool's hotkey mappings?

I frequently use the touchpad-mouse on the controller for aiming in FPSes. However, since most games use L2 (L Trig) as zoom/iron sights, this means I spend a lot of time holding L2 while using the touchpad. If during this use I accidentally press too hard and click the touchpad, I deactivate it and suddenly can't aim at all.

This is hardly game-breaking (it can be reactivated easily) but since I never ever want to turn the touchpad off, it seems like an unnecessary hassle to deal with.

If there are no plans to add customizable shortcuts here, would you guys consider at least changing the shortcut for activate/deactivate to PS Button + Trackpad or something? It's much less likely that such a button combination might accidentally be pressed.

(Also on the subject, please consider an option for an inverted scrolling function. Many laptops which also use two-finger trackpad swipes to scroll use an upward swipe to scroll down, emulating the behavior of touch screens, which makes the ds4tool scrolling somewhat unintuitive).

Also thanks SO much for your work on this, the DS4 is far and away the best controller I've ever used on PC thanks to the trackpad, and enabling it to sit inside the XInput format let me replace my 360 controller with zero remapping/tweaking, which was amazing.
Perhaps an option to disable the hotkeys would be nice. I too have been leaning towards a 24/7 touchpad enabled setup as there's very little reason to disable it now that we have left right and middle mouse button simulations all on the touchpad itself. Only reason I can think of is accidental touching that might interfere with gaming but that's no biggie.

Perhaps in 2.0 release?
(03-06-2014, 07:21 AM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps an option to disable the hotkeys would be nice. I too have been leaning towards a 24/7 touchpad enabled setup as there's very little reason to disable it now that we have left right and middle mouse button simulations all on the touchpad itself. Only reason I can think of is accidental touching that might interfere with gaming but that's no biggie.

Perhaps in 2.0 release?
For 2.0 we are planning major and minor modes. Major modes would be simply sets of minor modes, and you would toggle them by having the touchpad touched and pressing the PS button. Minor modes would be full mappings like we have now but with more customization: different zones/gestures/chords rather than just the one to one mappings we have now. You would scroll through those by touching the touchpad with a thumb and hitting R1 or L1. In each case, we would use rumble and light bar flashes to indicate which mode you're in, and probably add an option for a very simple on-screen-display that just indicates the mode switch by name.

(03-06-2014, 06:12 AM)delt31 Wrote: [ -> ]Whenever I disconnect my bluetooth receiver from my pc and then reconnect, the ds4 tools program says it's working but the virtual xbox controller doesn't appear. If i uninstall the drivers and then install, the program says it works and it really does (xbox controller pops up). To summarize, how do I avoid having to uninstall/reinstall the driver each time I disconnect the bluetooth receiver?

Come up with a PERFECT set of steps that reproduces it every time, including what exact version of the software you are using. Then we will try to reproduce it from your scenario and we will have something to work on debugging.
Please have an option to set which button will be the "click" for the touchpad.

1.1 was perfect for me.

Try to select a few paragraphs of text now with the current "click the trackpad" solution :\
It's impossible.
(03-06-2014, 09:39 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]For 2.0 we are planning major and minor modes. Major modes would be simply sets of minor modes, and you would toggle them by having the touchpad touched and pressing the PS button. Minor modes would be full mappings like we have now but with more customization: different zones/gestures/chords rather than just the one to one mappings we have now. You would scroll through those by touching the touchpad with a thumb and hitting R1 or L1. In each case, we would use rumble and light bar flashes to indicate which mode you're in, and probably add an option for a very simple on-screen-display that just indicates the mode switch by name.

Doesn't this sort of not solve the problem, though?

I mean, it would solve it for me, simply because I would not use ANY modes besides the default one (or perhaps have two major modes, a default one and one where the left stick and d-pad are switched, with no internal minor modes)...

but okay, here's a scenario. Softgrip, just above me, mentions how he'd like to return to the L1/R1 for left/right click functionality of v1.1. Obviously, that's something he could do with a mode; problem is, by nature of what he wants to do, he will necessarily be touching the trackpad AND pressing R1 quite a bit. So essentially, he's unable to use minor mode switching at all, because the in-built hotkey for mode switching being hardcoded to touchpad+R1 interferes with his ordinary use of the buttons.

I think it ultimately becomes a question of "you can't please all the people all of the time"; no matter what your hotkeys are hardcoded to, they're going to interfere with the way someone wants to use the controller, and the only real solution is to let those people remap them onto a button combination they specifically would never use for anything else/by accident.

Unless there's an unseen reason why letting the user change those hotkeys would be extremely difficult on the programming end, in which case I suppose we should all just suck it up.
I agree with the point that it's not possible to create a product that would work for everyone in every way. This is free software and atm there only few people working actively on it, therefore we can not, and will not meet wishes of everyone.The best we can do is come up with a features that will work for the majority of users. Most commercial products won't offer flexibility and feature set we have planned in 2.0. And the most important is to create a tool that will allow gaming with DS4 as comfortably as possible, and that functionality is working and it's bug free for everyone. We are prioritizing our time on most important issues. The only way we can focus on smaller things if we won't move forward. Some things we might just have to live with if want to keep using Microsoft drivers for DS4 and not our custom one like DS3 SCP server does. For example Hide DS4 Controller switch will most likely remain, and people will just have to deal with it.
hey! still great work, many thanks.

I would like to ask something?

I try to follow every update of yours and electrobrains', but everytime I run a new version (exp: v1.2.1 or v1.2.2 etc.) should I install the Virtual Bus Driver (does it have a new version as well?) or I should keep the first version that I installed 1 month ago?

Many thanks, have a nice day.
(03-07-2014, 12:51 AM)omniamovens Wrote: [ -> ]hey! still great work, many thanks.

I would like to ask something?

I try to follow every update of yours and electrobrains', but everytime I run a new version (exp: v1.2.1 or v1.2.2 etc.) should I install the Virtual Bus Driver (does it have a new version as well?) or I should keep the first version that I installed 1 month ago?

Many thanks, have a nice day.

So far all version have been using the same one(Mentioned in Readme) So you don't have to re-install it. If it changes we will make it clear when we upload new DS4Tool
Been using DS4tool without a lot of (if any) problems through Bluetooth and USB on Windows 7 (64Bit) for at least three months now. On my most recent installation (I had to reformat in early February), I noticed that holding the PS Button didn't pull up Steam's Big Picture Mode, but the controller worked for games, and it didn't stop working whenever I stopped DS4 Tool. By that I mean that the Laptop still recognized the controller's inputs as a non-xinput controller when I turned DS4 Off.

Now, I had to charge the controller again the other day, so I plugged it into the laptop like I always did. But after it finished charging, I tried to use the controller with DS4 on Bully Scholarship Edition and except for that part with the octagonal signs that get shot down with a ball, the controller didn't work. I also noticed that the holding down the PS Home button started bringing up Steam Big Picture. Lastly, whenever I clicked to stop DS4 Tool, the controller stopped working altogether until I turned it off and on again.

Until after that charge, the controller worked fine with that game. It's also not like I haven't charged it before. The version I was using is the DS4Tool.zip (Size: 716,82 KB), and I just tried the 1.2.2 right now with still the same problem happening.

Anyone know what exactly is happening? I don't want to revert to using x360ce again.

Not sure if it's relevant, but before the reformat, every time the controller brought up Steam Big Picture, I had to do a cold reboot of the laptop. If I didn't, the controller wouldn't be recognized the next time I turned it on with or without the DS4Tool. But back then, I was also using the older version of the Tool, the one that didn't have the Rumble yet.

Any help or insight about this would be very much appreciated.

Ok, that part about the controller stopping to work entirely after going holding down the PS Home button, pulling up Steam Big Picture, holding the Home Button down again to turn the controller off, and getting out of Big Picture mode started happening again now. Really don't know what's going on. I've already removed and repaired the DS4 since this all started happening and it was a real pain in the rear, that didn't solve anything.
(03-06-2014, 07:21 AM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps an option to disable the hotkeys would be nice. I too have been leaning towards a 24/7 touchpad enabled setup as there's very little reason to disable it now that we have left right and middle mouse button simulations all on the touchpad itself. Only reason I can think of is accidental touching that might interfere with gaming but that's no biggie.

Perhaps in 2.0 release?

If this is added, it has to be optional. For some games, such as one of my favorites, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, even just having the touchpad on breaks the game's entire control system and I love being able to turn it off without taking my hand off the controller.

(03-07-2014, 02:33 AM)Bikuro Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know what exactly is happening? I don't want to revert to using x360ce again.

Bikuro, sounds like you switched it from Bluetooth to USB or were registering both at the same time. I recommend that you decide on a connection method and never use the other one again. If you decide on Bluetooth, get one of those USB to wall adapters popularized by idevices and charge the controller that way. If you decide on USB, your problem is solved.

As for how to fix your problem right now, make sure DS4 Tool/SCPserver is closed, then open up SCPdriver again and uninstall and reinstall it. No matter what problem you have with this program, that should fix it.