..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-10-2014, 10:07 PM)zappadappa Wrote: [ -> ]Great program, but I am having some trouble with my analog sticks. If I map a keyboard key or mouse movement to one of the sticks (it seems to be worse with the right stick than the left) I get erroneous inputs when the stick should be in its neutral position.

Any chance of adding a slider that won't 'activate' the stick's movement until it has passed a certain point, say 30% or 50%?

I am using version 1.2.2 of the DS4 wrapper, with windows 7.

So I did a little playing around with the settings.

Originally, I was using version 1.2 which didn't have key mapping yet, and using Joy To Key to get my keybinds. While playing Dragon Age Origins, this is where my problems with my sticks started. I downloaded 1.2.2 and continued to use Joy To Key because it was already set up, and still had the same problems, so it may be a Joy To Key issue.

However, with 1.2.2, I just tried the keybinding abilities you provided (w, a, s, d, etc). In normal text entry programs (google chrome, word, etc) it works fine. But in some full screen games that don't normally support controllers, the keybinds wouldn't register. I tried Dragon Age Origins and also The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, both through steam.

In Dragon Age there is a "login" option, and when clicked a text entry field pops up. Here, the keybinds work just fine, but once I leave that field and go back to the game none of the keybinds seem to activate. I have the same issue with The Witcher.

As an aside, I also noticed the keybinding program J2k has similar issues with Dragon Age Origins, the keybinds don't seem to register in-game except for the login screen, while the similarly named program Joy To Key is able to pass them through, albiet with the previous joystick issues I described above.
When I connect my controller to my PC, it connects, but does not allow me to use any buttons like yours did in your video. Everything else seems to be working fine except this and it not showing up as a xbox360 controller. Do you know what the problem may be? I'm using windows 7 and i have ds4 1.2.2. I have tried with both BT and USB and neither of them have worked.
Here is 1.3 RC2 as promised.

Touchpad modes:
Standard (as in 1.2.2 and 1.3 RC1)
physical buttons (you can use square/l1 left click, circle/r2 right click and so on) with a finger on touchpad
Cursor movement only and Disabled

Should come up with more simple descriptive names for the modes.
Some fixes for ScpVBus, BT lost connection / read time out handling fixes
I encourage to use quick BT disconnect vs PS button 10s hold as it more "clean" disconnect
Double click on the log message to see all of it in message box

@electrobrains is having a finger on the touchpad for physical button mode intended or should i fix that?
(03-11-2014, 05:25 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Here is 1.3 RC2 as promised.

Touchpad modes:
Standard (as in 1.2.2 and 1.3 RC1)
physical buttons (you can use square/l1 left click, circle/r2 right click and so on) with a finger on touchpad
Cursor movement only and Disabled

Should come up with more simple descriptive names for the modes.
Some fixes for ScpVBus, BT lost connection / read time out handling fixes
Double click on the log message to see all of it in message box

@electrobrains is having a finger on the touchpad for physical button mode intended or should i fix that?

This is another excellent release. Laugh Sixaxis motion still isn't registering anymore, though, although I don't think it matters right now.

EDIT: The program now crashes if it's started before the controller is turned on (only for Bluetooth), and no previous version did that. It happens randomly, and when it works, it gives a BUNCH of "removed or lost connection" errors, followed by a BUNCH of "is now disabled" notifications before it finally hooks. Windows 7.

EDIT 2: Yeah, it seems that the program randomly freezes with Bluetooth. Literally, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Even pressing Stop and Start in the program itself does different things sometimes -- it either works, or it crashes the program.
(03-11-2014, 07:06 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]This is another excellent release. Laugh Sixaxis motion still isn't registering anymore, though, although I don't think it matters right now.

Yeah, it's temporarily disabled. Also re-uploaded it with tiny fix, accidentally was changed back to RC1 in the title.

i will try to replicate this on win7 tomorrow. But it should be working ok on Win 8.1 Are you using PS button hold to turn off contoller? Mayne send me pm with exact steps that cause issues
So far so good for me. It even stopped the 360 Controller notifications when disconnected from showing up. Thanks a bunch and keep up the great work.

Tried starting DS4Tool before turning the controller on via Bluetooth. It kinda spazzed out. It didn't detect the controller after I turned it on, then for some reason another DS4Tool Window opened up and closed instantly. Only for another one to pop up within Avast's Deep Screen mode as if it wanted to quarantine it or something.
(03-10-2014, 06:18 AM)Aleksandr Wrote: [ -> ]Did something change with the way the PS button is handled in 1.3 RC1? Having problems remapping it plain and with any combination of scan code or repeat.

When mapped to the 'x' key it produces this in this text window: 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'.

This seems to have been fixed in RC2.
(03-11-2014, 03:49 AM)zappadappa Wrote: [ -> ]So I did a little playing around with the settings.

Originally, I was using version 1.2 which didn't have key mapping yet, and using Joy To Key to get my keybinds. While playing Dragon Age Origins, this is where my problems with my sticks started. I downloaded 1.2.2 and continued to use Joy To Key because it was already set up, and still had the same problems, so it may be a Joy To Key issue.

However, with 1.2.2, I just tried the keybinding abilities you provided (w, a, s, d, etc). In normal text entry programs (google chrome, word, etc) it works fine. But in some full screen games that don't normally support controllers, the keybinds wouldn't register. I tried Dragon Age Origins and also The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, both through steam.

In Dragon Age there is a "login" option, and when clicked a text entry field pops up. Here, the keybinds work just fine, but once I leave that field and go back to the game none of the keybinds seem to activate. I have the same issue with The Witcher.

As an aside, I also noticed the keybinding program J2k has similar issues with Dragon Age Origins, the keybinds don't seem to register in-game except for the login screen, while the similarly named program Joy To Key is able to pass them through, albiet with the previous joystick issues I described above.

Sounds like you should try binding them as scancodes instead.
(03-11-2014, 05:25 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]@electrobrains is having a finger on the touchpad for physical button mode intended or should i fix that?

Yes, this was the schema I devised for making it not interfere when you have a game that supports both Xinput and mouse input -- i.e. Assassin's Creed 4 and Final Fantasy XIV. You just gave me an idea: add a minor mode for "mouse lock" when you are in the button-mouse mode. We'd use the push button on the touchpad to toggle between the current behavior and the behavior you are describing which is similar to the behavior you had for mouse mode back in the 1.1 days. I like having both easily available. Tapping support is something I could add back, using the rewind methodology I came up with on my 1.2 branch. But I want to keep jitter compensation out of that particular mouse mode for now.
any reason why my controller sometimes moves left right up and down by itself? Lasts for only a couple of seconds but wondering if anyone else has experienced this.