..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-11-2014, 07:15 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]It used to be the case that Hide DS4 was always on with no control over it,was hidden from user creating issues with uplay.

This has been fixed in a recent uplay update. It used to always freeze uplay but it works fine for me now.
I'm using the 1.3 RC2 update on Windows 7 x64, and every time after rebooting my PC DS4Tool still closes itself if I connect my controller through USB before opening the tool. It works fine if I open DS4Tool again after the application shuts down, only the initial start-up gets an error message. It is also works fine if I open DS4Tool first and then sync my controller through USB afterward.

This is the error message Windows 7 reports:
Quote:Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: ds4tool.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.3.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 531f47b9
Problem Signature 04: DS4Library
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 531f47b9
Problem Signature 07: 41
Problem Signature 08: 369
Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 098e
Additional Information 2: 098eba66cb8cafa2639d80afa09fd3d5
Additional Information 3: 4f62
Additional Information 4: 4f629c3c41dffc4f77437a3033b37d07
Just installed RC2, and wanted to say thank you to InhexSTER, electrobrain, HecticSeptic, et al for the update.

Inverted scrolling is so much more comfortable and intuitive. Switching the mouse-mode hotkeys to touch+options/share is a huge improvement for me; now not only am I not accidentally disabling my aiming while my iron sights are active, but I can intentionally use the trackpad click to fire while aiming (sometimes the DS4 triggers give me problems with rapid multiple shots). I did once accidentally disable the trackpad while browsing my inventory in STALKER (I attempted to navigate the inventory before I had released the share button, which it is bound to), but it reactivates much more easily than before, and even now I'm far less likely to do it by accident. In terms of hardcoded hotkeys, trackpad + share/options is a major improvement, I feel like just about everyone is unlikely to hit those in combination by accident with any frequency.

Unfortunately, shortly after installing ds4tool crashed on me. It's an isolated occurrence, but it never happened with the prior version (1.2.2) so I'm going to keep an eye out and if it happens again try to figure out how to reproduce it.
(03-12-2014, 01:25 AM)Tox Wrote: [ -> ]Just installed RC2, and wanted to say thank you to InhexSTER, electrobrain, HecticSeptic, et al for the update.

Inverted scrolling is so much more comfortable and intuitive. Switching the mouse-mode hotkeys to touch+options/share is a huge improvement for me; now not only am I not accidentally disabling my aiming while my iron sights are active, but I can intentionally use the trackpad click to fire while aiming (sometimes the DS4 triggers give me problems with rapid multiple shots). I did once accidentally disable the trackpad while browsing my inventory in STALKER (I attempted to navigate the inventory before I had released the share button, which it is bound to), but it reactivates much more easily than before, and even now I'm far less likely to do it by accident. In terms of hardcoded hotkeys, trackpad + share/options is a major improvement, I feel like just about everyone is unlikely to hit those in combination by accident with any frequency.

Unfortunately, shortly after installing ds4tool crashed on me. It's an isolated occurrence, but it never happened with the prior version (1.2.2) so I'm going to keep an eye out and if it happens again try to figure out how to reproduce it.

Ooh, sounds like I should only make it trigger if you touch the touchpad *first*! Thanks for all the valuable input!
(03-12-2014, 12:02 AM)kairu64 Wrote: [ -> ]maybe you guys can help me.
I have windows 7 and I'm using a micro USB cable

my problem is whenever I plug in my Ps4 controller. it does not automatically install the starting drivers.
so that leaves my PS4 controller unrecognized to my PC.
not even an unknown device is and my device manager

how well I go upon fixing this problem?

still no luck on finding a way to install the starting drivers after hours of research.

hopefully someone knows a fix for this
I got it to work but i am hitting a new wall.
now the program cant find the gamepad
http://oi61.tinypic.com/3cxe0.jpg
please anyone help it does this with all versions
Is there going to be a way so that we can open the tool With the Controller? cuz i was sitting on the couch and I accidentaly closed it and I had eto og and open it again.
(03-12-2014, 03:58 PM)roli Wrote: [ -> ]Is there going to be a way so that we can open the tool With the Controller? cuz i was sitting on the couch and I accidentaly closed it and I had eto og and open it again.

The tool is what enables the controller, if you close it there's nothing we can do. Unless you want some extra program that you cannot close (at least not by mistake) in the background - a service. That's coming eventually.
(03-12-2014, 01:59 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Ooh, sounds like I should only make it trigger if you touch the touchpad *first*! Thanks for all the valuable input!

that, and/or make it "clicking trackpad" rather than "touching trackpad", I would say. (Or--and this would likely be categorically more difficult to implement--clicking the trackpad and pressing options/share simultaneously, where holding one and then touching the other doesn't trigger the action. I can't even conceive of a circumstance when you would need to do that in any capacity)... Though I want to reiterate that as it is it's really quite nice, I don't want to give the impression that I'm complaining Tongue

Also: it crashed again, now I'm trying to pin the cause down. I THINK it has to do with a loose USB cable; very occasionally, my controller will disconnect because the DS4's USB port is terribly designed and cables do not seat well in it (it's gotten to where I'm using the little 6-foot Sony Official Cable thing plus an USB extension cord) and sometimes when setting the controller down, it disconnects-and-reconnects right away.

I think this happening too quickly may be causing DS4Tool to crash, since in both cases the crash occurred right after I had finished playing a game and set the controller down to do something else. It might also be caused by closing Steam, I suppose, I'm trying some stuff. Can anyone else confirm very occasional crashes in this RC of DS4Tool that may be linked to wired use of the controller, and were not present in 1.2.2? (running Win 8.1, I know there are a couple crashes associated with Win7)
Hi guys,

Seems its been ages since I've posted any standalone (not part of the main release) revisions. Just thought the Options window could use an overhaul since all those extra controls were thrown in there. They did not resize very happily before. So here's my 2c before the next big change:

[Image: 2aje79v.png]

Edit: This change is shown committed here: https://code.google.com/r/nand-ds4tool-h...t?name=dev