..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,
I have connected the pad because the battery was at 10% and i play for some hours but when i quit the game i see that the battery is at -150%!!! when i plug in the usb the pad disconnect and reconnect automatically and i see " - 150%"
anyone help me please?

I use Windows 8 X64 and tool version 1.2.2
Sorry guys for disappearing, but my dev machine is destroyed so i'm using my work pc during breaks to develop...
Anyway... If i'm lucky tomorrow will release the last version of the mockup GUI with the TrayIcon that change dynamically with the battery level and a stub of the configuration per controller.
By the way... i need some art for the trayicons because i suck hard in graphics Laugh

Then if everyone is fine i will start to contribute to the main branch and putting online the code of the GUI.
(03-13-2014, 09:16 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry guys for disappearing, but my dev machine is destroyed so i'm using my work pc during breaks to develop...
Anyway... If i'm lucky tomorrow will release the last version of the mockup GUI with the TrayIcon that change dynamically with the battery level and a stub of the configuration per controller.
By the way... i need some art for the trayicons because i suck hard in graphics Laugh

Then if everyone is fine i will start to contribute to the main branch and putting online the code of the GUI.

Cool, I can't wait for you to replace the whole preferences infrastructure on the GUI side. I'm going to wait for that before I develop more advanced touchpad features. I just need so much more out of a configuration GUI than some static fields.

How much work is making it pop up as an OSD? I imagine it's not hard, that we could have something like Steam's Shift-Tab overlay. I would probably consume the Guide (PS) button and map it to launching the DS4 Tool overlay, which then lets you easily select a software keyboard or hit the "Windows" key virtually or configure modes...
Guess I'll just go back to using my USB cable.
(03-13-2014, 09:39 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]How much work is making it pop up as an OSD? I imagine it's not hard, that we could have something like Steam's Shift-Tab overlay. I would probably consume the Guide (PS) button and map it to launching the DS4 Tool overlay, which then lets you easily select a software keyboard or hit the "Windows" key virtually or configure modes...

It's practically impossible as there is no way to display an overlay in desktop mode that is able to react to user input (only ugly way have a semi transparent form that shows up form the tool) and its superhard in the games (you need to inject a code into their DirectX drawing method (Steam does that but you are launching the game from steam for it to work)
(03-13-2014, 09:16 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: [ -> ]Then if everyone is fine i will start to contribute to the main branch and putting online the code of the GUI.

One thing i am concerned about is the fact of how many extra lib's your code uses, can we possibly reduce that? Its very nice thing right now we have only 3 dll's.
Also, I think its best if one of people who worked on DS4Control already will do the integration. Once its integrated and works, you can make improvements to UI on the main branch.
(03-13-2014, 10:13 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]It's practically impossible as there is no way to display an overlay in desktop mode that is able to react to user input (only ugly way have a semi transparent form that shows up form the tool) and its superhard in the games (you need to inject a code into their DirectX drawing method (Steam does that but you are launching the game from steam for it to work)

Okay, then we can probably have something more akin to the Start screen on Win8 -- You will leave the game, but we can automate switching back into it, too. I'd like the goal of having regardless of the controller mode the ability to configure it in every way you need, using just the controller itself.
hey guys, I just started to transfer custom mapping from control mk to ds4 tool because it's much more convenient. One thing thought that I just noticed is that in your control mapping inputs, you can't map d-pad buttons up-left, down-left, down-right and up-right whereas in control mk you could do that. It's quite disturbing since I previously mapped those buttons, so thank you if you could do so Smile
I don't know if I'm forgetting something or if I do something wrong, but it feels like the DS4 with this awesome tool has the rumble set to something like 50% power "side by side" with my 360 pad.
Is there any setting to adjust the rumble force ? I see some sliders there, but from what I've briefly read throughout these pages those are just for testing purpose. And in that instance the rumble seems to be fine with full force. But in actual games (all games that I've tried including some emulators) the force feedback seems to be the same 50% or so power... Most of the "subtle" feedback effects feel strong enough and consistent on my 360 pad but with DS4, the same effects feel very week and most of the times almost not present at all (like the rumble motors don't have enough voltage supplied but my battery is fully charged) There's no difference BT/USB in feedback force.
(03-13-2014, 10:13 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]It's practically impossible as there is no way to display an overlay in desktop mode that is able to react to user input (only ugly way have a semi transparent form that shows up form the tool) and its superhard in the games (you need to inject a code into their DirectX drawing method (Steam does that but you are launching the game from steam for it to work)

Unfortunately, pretty much this.

Maybe we can have a chat with japamd (the dev behind RadeonPro) but it will not be a one-size-fits-all solution and it will require that DS4Tool should communicate with RadeonPro.
An extremely long shot, not worth the effort and probably will look like crap anyway imho.

(03-13-2014, 10:20 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]One thing i am concerned about is the fact of how many extra lib's your code uses, can we possibly reduce that? Its very nice thing right now we have only 3 dll's.

Oh, no problem.
If it's necessary i can go directly to almost 0 extra libraries. I separate each "module" of the application in a different library to avoid cluttering too much the client during the development and to give the chance of latebinding dlls, that could be useful if we want to upgrade the app without redownloading the entire package.

(03-13-2014, 10:20 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I think its best if one of people who worked on DS4Control already will do the integration. Once its integrated and works, you can make improvements to UI on the main branch.

Fine with me, i will pull the entire repo in the next few days and start trying on my own repo just for fun, so you can see how the client communicate through the service and start integrating.
I will look forward to receive a lot of critics Laugh