..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Dobabbeo Ok cool. I have set up a service already (its functioning just like DS4Tool except with only default settings so far). The way i set it up is we will not be needing to change pretty much in the service project. I wanna see your communication solution first, but i did some research and for performance the use of TCPListener/TCPCllient should be better than the pipes. In our case performance might be negligible as we should be sending tiny amounts of data.
http://stackoverflow.com/a/11229904
(03-13-2014, 10:46 PM)Grosky Wrote: [ -> ]hey guys, I just started to transfer custom mapping from control mk to ds4 tool because it's much more convenient. One thing thought that I just noticed is that in your control mapping inputs, you can't map d-pad buttons up-left, down-left, down-right and up-right whereas in control mk you could do that. It's quite disturbing since I previously mapped those buttons, so thank you if you could do so Smile

Moreover when I want to map my controller to play Modern Warfare (the game doesn't recognize the controller), I just can't play because I can't map the right joystick to mouse movements, so I just can't move the mouse (well actually I can, by moving my fingers on the touchpad but I'm not fan of the steam controller style...). It's the same too with mouse wheel directions. So thank you again if you can add this Smile
(03-13-2014, 11:25 PM)Grosky Wrote: [ -> ]Moreover when I want to map my controller to play Modern Warfare (the game doesn't recognize the controller), I just can't play because I can't map the right joystick to mouse movements, so I just can't move the mouse (well actually I can, by moving my fingers on the touchpad but I'm not fan of the steam controller style...). It's the same too with mouse wheel directions. So thank you again if you can add this Smile

Stick to mouse movements mapping question was answered by me before, in short it will be pretty bad, each of 4 basic dpad direction can be mapped already. It absolutely not common to treat diagonal as a separate direction. You wont see that kinda mapping ability pretty much in any tool. Aslo I am pretty much sure that there is official controller support in COD search settings to enable it. Even Ghosts still has ability to turn controller off/on
thx for responding, I guess I'll stick to control mk regarding games that don't support 360 controllers.
otherwise I'm talking about Modern Warfare 1 (COD4). I searched on the internet and I'm pretty sure it's not possible to make him recognize the controller
(03-13-2014, 11:41 PM)Grosky Wrote: [ -> ]thx for responding, I guess I'll stick to control mk regarding games that don't support 360 controllers.
otherwise I'm talking about Modern Warfare 1 (COD4). I searched on the internet and I'm pretty sure it's not possible to make him recognize the controller

Have you tried mapping the numpad keys to the right stick and turning Mouse Keys on?

Edit: If XPadder allows you to map the right analog stick to mouse movement then may as well use that as Tox suggests.
(03-13-2014, 11:41 PM)Grosky Wrote: [ -> ]thx for responding, I guess I'll stick to control mk regarding games that don't support 360 controllers.

If I might make a recommendation, xpadder works very well for this, specifically because it supports XInput fully (many other mapping tools have trouble with XInput's half-axis message format and still treat triggers as a single axis, making L2/R2 ironsight/shooting impossible).

I can confirm that xpadder works with DS4Tool flawlessly, I have been using it for some time now and have never had any problems. And perhaps more to the point, using xpadder will not only give you much more flexibility in terms of mapping the controller, but it can be configured to auto-associate keybinds with different games (whereas DS4Tool can only be manually remapped) and use other controllers as well.

At least for the time being it will enable you to use your DS4 the way you're attempting to, albeit not wholly from within DS4Tool itself.
Hi, I'm having trouble with double inputs even though I've got the latest version. Also, 'start' and 'select' (share and options) seems to be binded to L2 and R2 as well as the correct buttons. So when I press R2 I also press 'start' or 'options'

Other than that this works fine. I read on YouTube that you had trouble using the controller with your PS4. But this was after you had used a version which hasn't been uploaded for PC, right?

Regards
@hecticseptic, I didn't even know you could do that x) I'll check that
EDIT : I've looked what it does but seeing the way it works, I don't think it is going to fit well. Plus it is really binding to do so much short keys to get that.

@tex, it is weird because before using control mk I tried xpadder but there was no way the software could detect the inputs from my controller so I just deleted it. but now that you said it works flawlessly, I think I'll give it another try. did you have the same issue and if so, how did you fix it ?
Hey guys, I think we should have something like this for our mappings, i've been playing with CronusMax and its pretty awesome, i like their GTuner soft.

[Image: ZOX20AK.png]

Except with another field X360 Controls with either a list of all x360 controls or press a button on controller to map just like keystroke or mouse button options

So to map to triangle you right click on it choose X360 and then press a button on controller (Square) and it creates a mapping with Triangle to X (Square) (box will show Xbox X icon)

This approach should make easier to differentiate between binding options
(03-14-2014, 12:05 AM)Grosky Wrote: [ -> ]@tox, it is weird because before using control mk I tried xpadder but there was no way the software could detect the inputs from my controller so I just deleted it. but now that you said it works flawlessly, I think I'll give it another try. did you have the same issue and if so, how did you fix it ?

I've got the most recent XPadder (2014.01.01, v4.7 I believe), the last available freeware version does not work in Windows 8+ unfortunately. you can probably.. ahem... find a free copy in a bay suited for pirates, or you can give the guy the $10 he wants for it.

If you've got a version that works, AND you've got DS4Tool running and the controller active first, it should be a question of making the profile and following the on-screen instructions... or you can unzip the attached and place the file in the xpadder folder (or anywhere, really), and use the leftmost of the two menus to load it.

The pic below is what you should see if you did it right