..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-14-2014, 07:57 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like I should go off and develop my own software, then. It's been fun.

Ok, yes you have more experience then me in years, hopefully it will allow you to create a better product. Just to remind you if not my "little" experience you probably wouldn't even be here. And I hope that you will keep my name in you software as i will keep yours. I am very curious to see what you come with. Please create your own thread so this thread will not get even more confusing. Thank you for your contributions and good luck.
(03-14-2014, 08:07 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, yes you have more experience then me in years, hopefully it will allow you to create a better product. Just to remind you if not my "little" experience you probably wouldn't even be here. And I hope that you will keep my name in you software as i will keep yours. I am very curious to see what you come with. Please create your own thread so this thread will not get even more confusing. Thank you for your contributions and good luck.

You're right, if you hadn't decided to start this project then I would probably have chosen some entirely other peripheral to hack on. Future development will occur in https://code.google.com/r/brianfundakows...s4windows/ and of course all the history is preserved. I'm going to hold off on doing any radical reorganization until the GUI work gets integrated so I can take advantage of that. In addition to architecture, I'll be working on haptics, integrative control schemes, trigger lock modes, browser-centric controller modes, many more zones on the touchpad, gestures, thumbpad dead-zone expectancy compensation/general thumbpad remapping, reliable output report delivery, reporting back battery and other status to the X360 dashboard, and whatever else seems good.
(03-14-2014, 06:55 AM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]On an off topic, been playing around with another unlicensed/original controller image (but better) which shows all the controls. Since I did this based only on photos I took myself I can't imagine anyone claiming copyright Smile

Thoughts anyone?

Looks good! Using the static image with threads/arrows is certainly easier than what I had in my head below.

So, since I've got some good use out of this tool I thought I'd try and contribute something. It's just a quick vector sketch at the moment.

[attachment=49461]

What I had in mind was to have all the components separated so they can be overlaid/hidden/inserted in software to give a visual representation of the mappings. Like the Xpadder thing but not so MS Paint. There would be set locations for the images to overlap, and you could show keyboard keys remapped to the face buttons or whatever.

Anyway. Let me know if you're interested in vector assets and if so what you'd want out of them. I probably wouldn't be that into making it photo-real though ... that can take forever. If I was to go ahead and make the assets I'd probably try and figure out a way of getting the triggers integrated like Hectic's image but keeping the straight-on perspective.
(03-14-2014, 10:39 AM)Aleksandr Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good! Using the static image with threads/arrows is certainly easier than what I had in my head below.

So, since I've got some good use out of this tool I thought I'd try and contribute something. It's just a quick vector sketch at the moment.

What I had in mind was to have all the components separated so they can be overlaid/hidden/inserted in software to give a visual representation of the mappings. Like the Xpadder thing but not so MS Paint. There would be set locations for the images to overlap, and you could show keyboard keys remapped to the face buttons or whatever.

Anyway. Let me know if you're interested in vector assets and if so what you'd want out of them. I probably wouldn't be that into making it photo-real though ... that can take forever. If I was to go ahead and make the assets I'd probably try and figure out a way of getting the triggers integrated like Hectic's image but keeping the straight-on perspective.

Its definitely is a good option, let's discuss this with HecticSeptic. Anyways I am excited to start working on UI improvements.

I think we should do a meeting with HecticSeptic and discuss exact plan and feature and what version it will go to. HecticSeptic let me know how and when we can chat.
I have already found at least 1 more feature we can possibly put in 1.3 that some people been asking.
Hi I'm having troubles with this, i tried troubleshooting, (first it didn't work when i had it plugged in via charge cord, i thought it was because i needed a bluetooth connection) so i went and bought a bluetooth dongle and pair the controller up via bluetooth but i still cant get it to work, it says every thing is fine and what not, i've watch a ton of videos and done exactly what the video maker does and it just wont work, one thing i've noticed: is where it as your controller once you open up Scpserver, mine has all the info but then at then end instead of saying TRUE mine says FALSE (BT) , im guessing this is the problem, im wanting to use the controller for titan fall, please help Laugh P.S i've downloaded all the necessary things, one thing i noticed when i opened "microsoft accessory status" it'd give me this message: "This application was unable to start correctly (0Xc000007b) click OK to close this application"

I'm guessing the problem may lie there but i've repaired that folder twice now and have the same issue, help is muchly appreciated!!
when will Wireless sound support in DS4 ?
(03-14-2014, 08:49 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]You're right, if you hadn't decided to start this project then I would probably have chosen some entirely other peripheral to hack on. Future development will occur in https://code.google.com/r/brianfundakows...s4windows/ and of course all the history is preserved. I'm going to hold off on doing any radical reorganization until the GUI work gets integrated so I can take advantage of that. In addition to architecture, I'll be working on haptics, integrative control schemes, trigger lock modes, browser-centric controller modes, many more zones on the touchpad, gestures, thumbpad dead-zone expectancy compensation/general thumbpad remapping, reliable output report delivery, reporting back battery and other status to the X360 dashboard, and whatever else seems good.

That seems like a lot to do. Anyway can you create a new thread with your branch. Otherwise I am pretty sure the user's here will not be able to follow development progress on it and be able to comment on any bugs they find in it and it will fade into obscurity.
(03-14-2014, 04:22 PM)maguss Wrote: [ -> ]That seems like a lot to do. Anyway can you create a new thread with your branch. Otherwise I am pretty sure the user's here will not be able to follow development progress on it and be able to comment on any bugs they find in it and it will fade into obscurity.

I will consider doing that soon, but like I said, for now, I want to see people improve 1.3 as it is the common base that I'm working off of. I'm also focusing now on fixing problems in that common codebase before moving forward. When I have some more major features implemented, i.e. many-buttons support for the Button mouse mode or profiles/per-controller settings or sixaxis support, the forums will be the first to know. You can check out ongoing development via Google Code and build the software yourself along with my development commits if you desire.

https://code.google.com/r/brianfundakows...t?name=1.3
I LOVE THIS CONTROLLER. Zero Dead zone FTW. zero dead zone is wonderful for fps. the only other controller I have ever played with 0dz is the black ops 2 controller. It was an awesome controller and the only controller Ive been able to play with max sensitivity on anything. Very important when I play pc games. You can stand up against kb and mouse with out max sensitivity. Its people who play on 3-4 instead of ten that make people like me look bad. my score has changed dramatically in BF4 sense I've been using this program.

One thing though. Is there a way to change the dead zone on the emulated 360 controller? The madcats driver might be a better driver to emulate since it acts as no deadzone on ghost while the ds4 emulates the basic 360 dead zone which is way bigger. the madcats black ops 2 with precision aim has magic in those sticks but its a cheap made controller.
UPDATE the x360ce has an anti-deadzone setting thats worth checking out. helps with games that have a built in deadzone.(like cod ghost) Dont know why the f*** you would want a deadzone for anything. let hardware limitation stay hardware limitations. back to (20) insane sensitivity again.
Biggrin