..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-17-2014, 11:54 AM)YoItsObama Wrote: [ -> ]Yo seriously, can anybody help me? All movements in games are jerky and inaccurate with the left stick.

Do you have the things from "Make sure you have:" section on the first page.
(03-17-2014, 12:32 PM)Bliss Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have the things from "Make sure you have:" section on the first page.

I do
(03-17-2014, 05:13 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Because 1.0 used DirectInput API ( very abstract and high level) to read data, to be able to do lightbar and rumble i had to find lower level access to the controller. I am investigating right now a way to make rumble lightbar work with toshiba drivers, i already found a way to make it read inputs and touchpad, but i am holding off releasing it yet as rumble and lightbar still do not work with toshiba

Thank u very much for your hard work. Hope u would fix it in an upcoming release :d And for myself, inputs & touchbar is much more important than lightbar & rumble...
i still can't get this to work at all, the system picks up the controller and everything seems good, but when i open titanfall the controller won't work with it, can someone run through some troubleshooting with me? I've updated all the Microsoft Frame work etc, I know that my XboxStat.exe doesn't work, if i try to open it an error comes up. Help is appreciated
(03-17-2014, 01:57 PM)Nxtplz Wrote: [ -> ]i still can't get this to work at all, the system picks up the controller and everything seems good, but when i open titanfall the controller won't work with it, can someone run through some troubleshooting with me? I've updated all the Microsoft Frame work etc, I know that my XboxStat.exe doesn't work, if i try to open it an error comes up. Help is appreciated

I Have tried uninstalling and re-installing Xbox 360 controller drivers but when trying to open it get this message "The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b)."

How can i fix this?
(03-17-2014, 02:17 PM)Nxtplz Wrote: [ -> ]I Have tried uninstalling and re-installing Xbox 360 controller drivers but when trying to open it get this message "The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b)."

How can i fix this?

It could be number of things, but this is to do with windows troubleshooting:
DirectX is not correctly installed or corrupt.
Maybe something to do with VS C++ distributables
Maybe some conflict with old motion joy driver and such.

I could potentially help you through TeamViewer, as this seems like a Windows issue and its really hard to determine whats wrong through just forum messages.
I remember the Titanfall beta was a little finnicky with DS4 tool. I don't have the release version, but I did get it to work. Just make sure that everything is connected and the controller is on and Hide DS4 controller is checked before you start the game and it should work.
As promised, i uploaded all the code.
I wasn't sure what was better from GitHub or Google Code, so i choose both Laugh

Keep in mind that ATM the code is pretty confusing, need a lot of cleanup and a lot of comments should be added or translated.

https://code.google.com/p/ds4ui/

https://github.com/donbabbeo/ds4ui

PS: if someone find a better name feel free to share Laugh
PPS: i kept the license of DS4Tool and DS4Windows, if someone with some expertise in the matter want to chime in, i'm willing to change it.
(03-17-2014, 10:38 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: [ -> ]As promised, i uploaded all the code.
I wasn't sure what was better from GitHub or Google Code, so i choose both Laugh

Keep in mind that ATM the code is pretty confusing, need a lot of cleanup and a lot of comments should be added or translated.

PPS: i kept the license of DS4Tool and DS4Windows, if someone with some expertise in the matter want to chime in, i'm willing to change it.

Thank you! I will start looking and integrating the code this week.
(03-17-2014, 10:38 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: [ -> ]As promised, i uploaded all the code.

Sweet, looking forward to check it out in detail! I have a lot of experience with matters of license, so let me break down the freedoms of GPL affords you:
First of all, anyone may create a branch and release it as GPL, and anyone may also take the source code and use it privately, with or without modification. However, if the software is ever distributed again, it must be with the GNU General Public License and it may not be substituted with another version of the GPL or another license altogether without authoral consent.

The consent required for changing a license is basically just a written note, even an e-mail, but it must be from every novel contributor if they put their name in the copyrights. (This is one licensing complication that kept me from really thinking names in software code is appropriate.) Basically, this software and all derivatives are restricted to being GPL. The only way around this that I know of is simply using this software as a reference point to learn how the hardware/firmware works, and creating a new piece of software that does not share any of the code.

All of the Scp* software, and all of the DS4* software, on this forum is AFAIK "stuck" on the GPL now. That is one reason we often in the BSD circles call the GPL the GPV -- it spreads itself like a Virus by taking over host projects. Still, it is a very positive license in that it gives you legal teeth if someone steals the code and starts selling it as a product without releasing their source code modifications.

Donbabbeo, if you want to reserve the rights to code that you're writing now but want to integrate into the DS4 projects, make sure you annotate those files with a copyright that names yourself directly. That is an important protection and ensures that other people cannot easily try and sue you if you decide you want to change the license. You would want to be able to do have that option if you ever decided you wanted to take your code commercial. There's a reason I don't like dealing with the GPL, and that's simply that it marries you to the corrupt extant court systems of the land.