..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-18-2014, 03:48 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Can you expand the window, the log is hidden

lol actually I dont know how lol

edit: never mind ill get right on it

quick update, I downloaded and tried RC4, im going to launch titanfall and see what happens. as for right now this is what it looks like

[Image: 10qjvpj.png]

[Image: 2rhwpb8.png]
(03-15-2014, 01:53 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Have you installed drivers from ASUS website? Atm tool will set controllers in the way they are hotplugged, or if you click start/stop it will list them in order windows returns them.

Thanks for the advice. I was under the impression from discussions that it was better just to leave whatever drivers Windows installed so I deliberately did not install the drivers from ASUS' website. Now that I have though, I find 1.3 RC3 to be very stable and my controllers have not disconnected once since then.

I find 1.3 RC4, however, to have some issues. I have Windows 7 x64, WIDCOMM bluetooth stack, and Hide Controller enabled. Here's a reproducible bug on my end:

- Run DS4Tool. Have Controller A wierelessly connected as Player 1, and have Controller B wirelessly connected as Player 2.
- Turn off both controllers with Options + PS Button.
- Turn on Controller B so it connects as Player 1, and turn on Controller A so it connects as Player 2.

For me, Controller A would not properly connect as Player 2. The lightbar flashes white and then turns off. It shows up in DS4Tool with the proper ID number but it's at 0% battery power. It also shows up in the Controller settings as an Xinput device with 10 buttons but the buttons and sticks won't register when you do the test. Controller B as Player 1 does register though. Not until I press Stop and Start again in DS4Tool do both controllers work properly, but Windows automatically assigns Controller A as P1, and Controller B as P2. With 1.3 RC3, I can freely hot-plug the controllers and rearrange them without having to ever press Stop/Start.
Another issue for me is after a reboot and I open DS4Tool before turning the controller on, the controller would not connect properly. Just like before, it flashes white and shows up as 0% battery power when I turn on the controller. Pressing Stop/Start afterward establishes a proper connection. 1.3 RC3 connects upon a reboot every time. I've tested it numerous times on RC3 and RC4. Connecting the controller before opening DS4Tool works just fine though.

[Image: cOlnVl5.png]
The above image is what my Game Controller settings look like if I disconnect my controllers, stop DS4Tool and close it. After a reboot and not doing anything, options for "Wireless Controller" show up in there even though I don't have my controllers plugged in nor have I pressed any buttons. I understand that's the normal DirectInput device that the PS4 controller is seen as, but has it always shown up as connected after a reboot? I know it's always there in the Devices and Printers panel but I'm not sure about the Game Controller settings.

Edit: My controllers aren't automatically on and connected. It just shows up on the computer as if it is.
did ya fall asleep? LOL

also titanfall still doesnt work, not sure why
(03-18-2014, 12:07 AM)Donbabbeo Wrote: [ -> ]Cool, now i'm more confused than before Laugh

Put it even simpler: if you had the chance, would you keep LGPL or switch to another license? Biggrin
This is all a matter of opinion, but for new code I wrote I would go with something like BSD, X11, MIT license at the first tier, because they are the most "free" in the sense that I care the most about. Then LGPL is a good option because it is far less restrictive than the GPL. GPL would be a last resort to me because I don't think it's very realistic to enforce; companies just steal GPL software anyway and then release the source code when people notice it, so the GPL never really gets tested in court.
(03-18-2014, 04:41 AM)tenkashixd Wrote: [ -> ]did ya fall asleep? LOL

also titanfall still doesnt work, not sure why

What do you mean it doesn't work? If you're having the same problem as me just turn off the touchpad
RC4 works great. I'm also super excited about the mouse mapping options. Laugh
(03-18-2014, 05:49 AM)Godboo Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean it doesn't work? If you're having the same problem as me just turn off the touchpad

for some reason the game doesnt recognize my ds4 as a xbox controller, other games do though.

my touchpad is disabled.
(03-18-2014, 04:13 AM)TheBlueCrow Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the advice. I was under the impression from discussions that it was better just to leave whatever drivers Windows installed so I deliberately did not install the drivers from ASUS' website. Now that I have though, I find 1.3 RC3 to be very stable and my controllers have not disconnected once since then.

I find 1.3 RC4, however, to have some issues. I have Windows 7 x64, WIDCOMM bluetooth stack, and Hide Controller enabled. Here's a reproducible bug on my end:

- Run DS4Tool. Have Controller A wierelessly connected as Player 1, and have Controller B wirelessly connected as Player 2.
- Turn off both controllers with Options + PS Button.
- Turn on Controller B so it connects as Player 1, and turn on Controller A so it connects as Player 2.

For me, Controller A would not properly connect as Player 2. The lightbar flashes white and then turns off. It shows up in DS4Tool with the proper ID number but it's at 0% battery power. It also shows up in the Controller settings as an Xinput device with 10 buttons but the buttons and sticks won't register when you do the test. Controller B as Player 1 does register though. Not until I press Stop and Start again in DS4Tool do both controllers work properly, but Windows automatically assigns Controller A as P1, and Controller B as P2. With 1.3 RC3, I can freely hot-plug the controllers and rearrange them without having to ever press Stop/Start.
Another issue for me is after a reboot and I open DS4Tool before turning the controller on, the controller would not connect properly. Just like before, it flashes white and shows up as 0% battery power when I turn on the controller. Pressing Stop/Start afterward establishes a proper connection. 1.3 RC3 connects upon a reboot every time. I've tested it numerous times on RC3 and RC4. Connecting the controller before opening DS4Tool works just fine though.

[Image: cOlnVl5.png]
The above image is what my Game Controller settings look like if I disconnect my controllers, stop DS4Tool and close it. After a reboot and not doing anything, options for "Wireless Controller" show up in there even though I don't have my controllers plugged in nor have I pressed any buttons. I understand that's the normal DirectInput device that the PS4 controller is seen as, but has it always shown up as connected after a reboot? I know it's always there in the Devices and Printers panel but I'm not sure about the Game Controller settings.

Edit: My controllers aren't automatically on and connected. It just shows up on the computer as if it is.

You aren't alone. I reported on some of these issues pages ago and got no response.

In addition to your last glitch you posted, I also get it where on 1.3, any rc version, the tray icon disappears randomly and I am unable to control it and am forced to end the process.

1.3 is incredible glitchy for me on Windows 7 x64 with a WIDCOMM bluetooth stack adapter as well.

Pretty much forced to run 1.22 as it was the last stable version =/
(03-18-2014, 08:40 AM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]You aren't alone. I reported on some of these issues pages ago and got no response.

In addition to your last glitch you posted, I also get it where on 1.3, any rc version, the tray icon disappears randomly and I am unable to control it and am forced to end the process.

1.3 is incredible glitchy for me on Windows 7 x64 with a WIDCOMM bluetooth stack adapter as well.

Pretty much forced to run 1.22 as it was the last stable version =/

Well, just for the record, 1.3 RC3 is stable for me. That's the one I'm mainly using now.

Edit: Just to clarify about the last thing I brought up: it's normal that the field in the Game Controller settings is blank because I've disconnected everything and closed DS4Tool. I meant to ask whether a connection should show up in the Game Controller settings after a reboot when you didn't start DS4Tool or turn on the controller, because for me it does show it's connected to my controllers.

I read your other posts, and I can't say I experience the same problems with disappearing tray icon with ALT + Tab and application crashing after updating the bluetooth stack.
I've had fairly good luck with RC3 for the past week or so and trying RC4 now. Funny enough my 2 little tiny dongles for $9 on ebay which work great on my DS3, no good - but my 9 year old or so genuine dlink BT dongle - like 2.0 or something, works a charm.

I did find some kind of CPU / memory (something?) leak on my little weeny HTPC (for steam streaming) but it's ok on my desktop entirely.