..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question for anyone who might have a good understanding of BT/Wi-Fi. The Dualshock 4 works perfectly when hooked up with a wire to the computer. I haven't had any problems. I do have problems with it when it connects over BT though. At first I thought it was this software, but I realize that wasn't it because the controller had the same BT issue on games that use Dinput where I don't need this software. I figured it might be my bluetooth adapter but then I saw a post in an online forum where someone solved this same issue by disconnecting their router. I tried it and to my surprise, the bluetooth worked flawlessly. That led me to believe that it is my router that is the problem (it is a lease from Comcast and it has been acting up lately). But I've also seen people with the same exact BT adapter as me on this thread who mentioned a latency/input lag problem like I have so I'm not so sure now. I'm assuming the problem lies in either the BT adapter or the router and I was wondering if anyone had expertise in the area and could help clarify things for me.

Also, thank you InhexSTER, electrobrains, and HepticSeptic for your amazing contributions to this. It works perfectly over a wired connection and I wouldn't be enjoying Titanfall with my new DS4 if it wasn't for you guys. Thanks!

EDIT: I have already tried changing the channels of the router like someone suggested on another forum and still no luck. The two still interfere with each other. Also, I forgot to mention that the adapter was the Rocketfish MRB-TAD if that helps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(03-18-2014, 09:48 PM)mkevinez Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question for anyone who might have a good understanding of BT/Wi-Fi.

To put simply there is always a chance of interference with any BT dongle and any router if router is running at 2.4Ghz frequency ( a lot of wireless devices do). Even though they are using different channels and different communication protocols they share overall 2.4Ghz band. I've had many issues with WiFi in my life and truthfully only recently i started enjoying it. When i switched to very good 5Ghz router I stopped having many of the issues.
I am using 5Ghz on my machine and i am able to reach speeds of 15mbytes/s over WiFI, compared to that another computer in my house with 2.4 Ghz adapter is able to reach only 3-4mbytes\s, even though its 1 floor closer to the router. Overall I have very dense 2.4ghz interference (at least a dozen of routers) in my neighbourhood. But it seems its not affecting my BT much.

So maybe its not the router but close proximity of your wireless adapter to the bt adapter. Overall closer it is to any of other 2.4Ghz devices, more likely there will be interference.
I personally don't' have much experience with using BT, i always prefer a wire, but its possible some dongles are more prone to interference. Maybe its to do with signal strength.
Thanks to InhexSTER and HecticSpetic (and electrobrains) for this awesome piece of software!
Quick question: If I change versions of the DS4 Tool, do I have to reinstall the drivers every time?

EDIT: Wait, never mind. This is the first time I opened the Readme and I see now that it says I don't. I imagine it'd be in best practice to do so, however.

Quick question #2: Customizing the XInputTest program? Or any programs like it that show input, but customizable?
Hi again.

So, when I plug my controller in, I get 4 Entries in the controller box. 2 for Xbox 360, 2 for Wireless Controller

[Image: y5KZM3y.jpg]

Checking "Hide DS4 Controller" changes it to 1 Xbox 360 and 1 Wireless.

Same with the Devices and Printers:

[Image: peXQwdp.jpg]

Any way to make it show JUST the 360 controllers? Does this actually effect anything?
(03-18-2014, 03:06 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Game controllers menu shows only currently attached (plugged in controllers) sometimes you can see BT controller that is not attached (not on atm) in there and that's Windows didn't pick up the controller disconnect (happens if you turn off controller without a tool running)
So yes if nothing connected it should remain empty

Ok, then something is very wrong with my computer/bluetooth adapter. I made sure to turn off the controller with DS4Tool running, but Windows is recognizing it as on every time I reboot my PC. I think it's a PC/bluetooth problem because the same thing happens when I uninstall the Virtual Bus Driver and just pair it to me PC.

I've tried reinstalling the Virtual Bus Driver, my bluetooth drivers, and removing the device and pairing it up again. Still the same result. I've even tried it with another bluetooth adapter, and the problem is still there. I don't remember it being like this before.

The weird thing is whenever I start DS4Tool the DirectInput device does not register, it shows up in the Controller menu though. I, of course, have Hide Controller off. I tested it in Towerfall Ascension where the game accepts DirectInput and Xinput, and only the Xinput device shows up. It seems I'm permanently in Xinput mode if I have DS4Tool running regardless of Hide Controller is off or on. USB mode works normally. I can test Directinput and it registers over USB; opening Towerfall Ascension with Hide Controller off results in simultaneous Directinput and Xinput controller as normal.

Do you have any idea of what I should try? Like maybe clearing my memory somehow? Here are my specs again: Windows 7 x64, ASUS USB-BT400 bluetooth adapter with WIDCOMM stack, Tool version 1.2.2, 1.3 RC3 and RC4.
(03-18-2014, 09:48 PM)mkevinez Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question for anyone who might have a good understanding of BT/Wi-Fi. The Dualshock 4 works perfectly when hooked up with a wire to the computer. I haven't had any problems. I do have problems with it when it connects over BT though. At first I thought it was this software, but I realize that wasn't it because the controller had the same BT issue on games that use Dinput where I don't need this software. I figured it might be my bluetooth adapter but then I saw a post in an online forum where someone solved this same issue by disconnecting their router. I tried it and to my surprise, the bluetooth worked flawlessly. That led me to believe that it is my router that is the problem (it is a lease from Comcast and it has been acting up lately). But I've also seen people with the same exact BT adapter as me on this thread who mentioned a latency/input lag problem like I have so I'm not so sure now. I'm assuming the problem lies in either the BT adapter or the router and I was wondering if anyone had expertise in the area and could help clarify things for me.

Also, thank you InhexSTER, electrobrains, and HepticSeptic for your amazing contributions to this. It works perfectly over a wired connection and I wouldn't be enjoying Titanfall with my new DS4 if it wasn't for you guys. Thanks!

EDIT: I have already tried changing the channels of the router like someone suggested on another forum and still no luck. The two still interfere with each other. Also, I forgot to mention that the adapter was the Rocketfish MRB-TAD if that helps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

f~~~~~~~~~~~~ck I wish I had your luck. enjoy titanfall.
Incredible work, thanks so much for doing what Sony should of done! This may have already been posted but the touchpad no longer works as a mouse when windows brings up the dialog box to grant administer rights (windows 8.1 pro).
(03-19-2014, 03:43 PM)Olli128 Wrote: [ -> ]Incredible work, thanks so much for doing what Sony should of done! This may have already been posted but the touchpad no longer works as a mouse when windows brings up the dialog box to grant administer rights (windows 8.1 pro).

It should not to, because this way windows protects user from malicious software making any changes without user agreement. I will not be adding anything to bypass that.
(03-19-2014, 05:00 AM)Elegy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi again.

So, when I plug my controller in, I get 4 Entries in the controller box. 2 for Xbox 360, 2 for Wireless Controller

Checking "Hide DS4 Controller" changes it to 1 Xbox 360 and 1 Wireless.

Same with the Devices and Printers:

Any way to make it show JUST the 360 controllers? Does this actually effect anything?

You should avoid plugging contoller over usb and BT simultaneously version 1.3 prevents same control to be seen by tool in usb and bt mode.