..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Howdy, just had a few questions. I'm using your latest version of the tool however XInput Test isn't detecting (but it shows up in my printers/devices) my DS4 and none of the games I try to play it with show that it's working.

Any troubleshooting ideas? I've dl'd the latest Runtime and .Net Framework but I still don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I'm on 64bit Windows 7, USB, DS4 1.2.2, I'm not hiding DS4
Hectic, I know you didn't want me make it, but I was planning to anyway, plus I wasn't sure how I could improve the sticks, I'm not good with fixing 3D objects. Anyway made two versions of it, a "metro" version and a regular/flat version. There are converted vectors so essentially they'll get as large as you could possibly need them to be, I'm just using 750px height but if you need larger for some reason Tongue let me know.
[Image: DS4%20Outline.png]
[Image: DS4%20Tracing.png]
Hi, Thank you so much for your work guys, But I have an Issue trying to use this tool Xinput Mapper 1.2.2 on windows 8.1,I used it before when I had windows 7 and everything worked perfectly! But now that I upgraded to windows 8.1 I can't use it anymore, I did the exact way that I did before to install everything but nothing :/

Any ideas? I am using my control via USB, this is my first time having a problem with this tool

Kind Regards

Images... I can't see the xbox 360 controller on my devices like before in windows 7 I only see this and everything disconnected in Xinput mapper 1.2.2
http://postimg.org/image/tf5or0hrr/

EDIT *****

Nevermind, I don't know what I did but now is working, the only problem that I have is that for some games like darksiders it seems like the buttons are different like the "B" now is "A" and the "Y" now is a "X" and whan I was using windows 7 this never happened.

http://postimg.org/image/ck48gkpj7/
(03-20-2014, 12:55 AM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]On a separate note, I have again revamped the Options window. It felt too cluttered before so now it is in separate tabs. Let me know what you think?

[Image: t0gozn.png]

This isn't a full release, the only changes between this and the standard RC4 is the Options window and an additional standards related tweak which shouldn't have any real impact. As such consider this a disclaimer that it is intended for testing the new layout. Have fun Smile

Hey, nice improvement on the options window Smile
Although the new one is ugly for me because of my custom Windows 7 theme:
If it's possible I would suggest to make the background of the sliders transparent.
[Image: XNhGne2.png]

Some feedback on the Custom Mapping feature (used in this environment: Windows 7, Asus P8P67 Deluxe onboard BT, Atheros.cz drivers + microsoft BT stack, DS4Tool v1.3 RC4, tabbed options release)
  • To use a new Custom Mapping setup you have to save it to a file each time you make a change, then it asks (with a yes/no dialog) if I want to use the new Custom Mapping (of course I do..), this is bad user interface design. Best would be to put load & save button next to eachother on the left side, and put a test/apply button at the right side of the Custom Mappings window.
  • After loading a profile, the UI (dropdown menu's for each key) doesn't update with the correct keys, I have to close & re-open the Custom Mappings window for it to show the correct keys.
  • It seems that rebinding keys to the Triggers R1, L1 are not working correctly, it still activates it's original key after it has been rebound (tested with XInput Test), for example: say I want to rebind my X button to R1 (which will unbind R1, which is find for this test), I save the mapping to file, activate it, and press the X button, in XInput it now activates BOTH the X and R1 keys.
  • It seems that rebinding keys to the Triggers R2, L2 are not working correctly, if I rebind Y to R2 and save to file, active it, and press the Y button it still activates Y, while not activating R2 at all.
  • Make it possible to unbind a key via an entry in the dropdown list.
  • Make it possible to rebind a key by pressing a button on the controller (just like you have it with keyboard keys).
(03-22-2014, 11:39 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Hectic, I know you didn't want me make it, but I was planning to anyway, plus I wasn't sure how I could improve the sticks, I'm not good with fixing 3D objects. Anyway made two versions of it, a "metro" version and a regular/flat version. There are converted vectors so essentially they'll get as large as you could possibly need them to be, I'm just using 750px height but if you need larger for some reason Tongue let me know.
[Image: DS4%20Outline.png]
[Image: DS4%20Tracing.png]

Very nice. I'm liking it a lot. The face buttons and D-pad aren't overly dark. Maybe it's just my monitor's color settings, but I found HecticSeptic's version a little hard to see.
I'm continuing to have consistent problems getting the controller to work after a reboot. It will work but I need to fiddle like crazy, it's frustrating.

The solution is long and convoluted - but as follows :/

Turn OFF the controller. (hold down middle button for 10 seconds)
Remove the BT device
Remove the driver ScpDriver (un-install)
Then re-install the driver.
Open DS4Tool, ensure that "Hide DS4 Controller" is ticked
Leave DS4Tool in a running state.
Now add a bluetooth device.
Put the DS4 in pairing mode (hold down share button, press middle PS button)
Wait a few seconds then choose the Game Controller.
Follow the prompts - and choose "pair without a code"
It will correctly install the driver, now a tiny popup appears down the bottom right "trying to access bluetooth device"
Click on that, put in a code 0000 and next
Stop and start DS4 tool

Done, it will work 100% every time.
Problem is, next reboot - no such luck unfortunately, the light comes ON the controller (I have it set to off) and it's like the device has paird with a different BT code or something, it's a huge mess and needs to be removed / re-added to fix.

Is anyone able to reliably use this after a reboot easily? What's the secret? Should my controller definitely be OFF for a reboot? Should DS4 tool be open OR closed before I turn the controller back on? It's driving me batty.
Great tool, unfortunately I get it working only on my laptop with Win8.1, and not with the one with Win7.
Don't understant why, I only get freezes when launching DS4Tool, I have the same things in both laptops, and did the same things to install it.

Thanks for your work !
I believe the hide ps4 controller option helped the random stick movements but still testing.

unfortunately my asus usbb400 decided it no longer wants to work. Anyone ever have their bluetooth stop being recognized by windows? Forget adding a device, the actual dongle is no longer seen by windows (plug and play and when I plug in nothing happens). I removed all the drivers (even the hidden ones via device manager) but no response. If anyone has had a similar issue and fixed it lmk. For now, I'm assuming hardware failure and getting another (non asus) one.

GREAT app btw.
do you have a mac version too? or is there another way to game with my ds4 on mac( ac brotherhood)? i need the Xinput.
(03-23-2014, 06:33 PM)tboy120 Wrote: [ -> ]do you have a mac version too? or is there another way to game with my ds4 on mac( ac brotherhood)? i need the Xinput.

There is way, http://www.backwardscompatible.co.uk/usi...cbook.html I used it with my brother mac pro just to test it for you. It's not working as it should you need to use the mapper used in article above.